Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

raditts posted:

Estee Lauder, the choice for only the highest-priced hookers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD0PjngOWvs

Perfume commercials, especially holiday perfume commercials, are usually a very unique kind of bonkers. Take this classic for example: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vjVfu8-Wp6s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

raditts posted:

They still have White Diamonds commercials in some form, I saw an extreme shortened version the other day. That's gotta be one of the longest running even among holiday commercials, right?

I imagine it has to be. I mean it's been on TV every Christmas for at least 30 years. The only other ones that come to mind as being almost that ancient are some of the Folgers commercials and the M&M one with Santa, and that one is only about 20 years old.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Mister Kingdom posted:

How old is the Hershey Kisses "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" bell commercial?

Apparently that one came out in 89 so it's pretty drat old as well.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

The Clydesdale Budweiser ad apparently came out in 87 so it's one of the oldest ones running and the Corona one came out in 1990 so it's exactly 25 years old. Christmas ads and advertising in general during this part of the year is fantastically weird and crazy.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Andorra posted:

Here in Oklahoma there's a jewelry store commercial that's been running for at least 50 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LJBB65r-9o

Christ that ad warps time and space. It made 30 seconds feel like 30 minutes.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Anyone seen the new NFL and Visa ad? The one featuring the pats and cardinals as the matchup and a "hilarious" misunderstanding/fantasy? First, the ad is plan stupid and second, why are you advertising the pats and cards during super bowl week when the matchup is the Broncos and panthers. What the gently caress NFL. Get your poo poo together.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

So I just saw this on TV...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=belVxm6aRSY

Apparently the author is in prison in Russia and helped found a bunch of crazy pyramid schemes. I can't wait to read this horror masterpiece that compares to Stephen King and Dean Koontz.

Kwatz fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Feb 23, 2016

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

48 Hour Boner posted:

Lately this one has been popping up constantly on Hulu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6SVsf0k2i0

Of course Windows users would know all about bugs.

"We're a nano business." What does that even mean?

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Rirse posted:

Yeah, especially when right now Pizza Hutt has several ads talking about their grilled cheese pizza. That sounds like poo poo, which isn't saying much for Pizza Hutt.

It's terrible. Don't get one.

And it's funny that Pizza Hut tried to do the whole "here's lots of new and good options for our pizza, please order from us" thing, but have now given up on that and are doubling down on gimmicks.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

I cannot stand the Slot-O-Mania ad with John Goodman as a thumb. He looks greasier and more stung out as a thumb than ever and it’s just terrible. I have no idea how that app works, other than to assume that its loving terrible and something like candy crush which just plods along convincing people to spend $1.99 from time to time. Please never show John Goodman as a thumb ever again.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

I always thought you just paid money to get fake tokens to gamble with. Like video game microtransactions but even worse.

I’m pretty sure it’s this. There are tons of games where the only point is to farm digital tchotchkes.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

fartknocker posted:

They have more with other people now. One has Sharon Stone, I think another with Penn & Teller. They’re all loving awful commercials.

I actually just came to this thread to post about these. They are the loving worst. Ive been watching a lot of Pluto TV, and it seems to be populated by these, Paramount + ads, no surprise there, and the really bad commercial about using songs to express mental health. loving terrible all of them.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

The current bane of my existence ad-wise is the Carvana commercial, specifically the one with the woman talking about "Susan, from Carvana." The others don't bother me, but that one makes me want to jump through the screen and murder that woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Every chime credit builder credit card whatever ad can die in a fire. They’re all absolutely terrible. But I especially hate the one with the “indie filmmaker” where he talks about being afraid of credit cards but was able to use this card to help make a feature film. gently caress off dude.