Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

muscles like this? posted:

I know a lot of people like to talk up small local shops but seriously some of the worst pizza I've ever had as been from non-chain places.

Does Mellow Mushroom count as a chain because that is the best pizza I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Red Fructidor posted:

How has nobody mentioned that "Open up the box" commercial from Pizza Hut?! I hate it, but get hypnotized into watching it whenever it's on by that cute girl. Every time I think it's actually going to be tongue-in-cheek to justify such a ridiculous ad, but no.

I came here to post this one. It reminds me of those infamous Miracle Whip commercials where all the cool teens are running around and its like about the leaders of the revolution. Plus that song is really annoying.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
The Invisalign Teen commercial is pretty generic overall, but I like to imagine what sort of lovely parents would put one girl of twins in braces and the other in an Invisalign rig.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Gonz posted:

This goddamn commercial. THIS GODDAMN COMMERCIAL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE4bcq8Plzk

It's just that loving "SOMEBODAYYYYYYYYY LEFT THE GAAAAAAAAATE OOOOOOPPPEENNNNNN" song that grates my ears and brain. It wouldn't be as bad if this particular ad didn't play 10 times an hour on drat near every channel I watch.

Die, Citibank.

Die.

The wording on "We talked about getting a rock" is so bizarre, like aliens wrote it.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Stairs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bUQfLwMTwk
The Pedi Spin
Oh...my...God. We know this is a vibrating foot file, WHY do we need to see the literal sheets of flesh peeling off? I could have gone the rest of my life not seeing some woman on TV sloughing off half her drat foot. Also on the youtube version you can't really hear it, but on TV there's this constant droning buzz every time they show the thing in action that causes an instant headache for me.

Haha, holy moly, that's disgusting.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
THIS loving thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFxtDR0riL0

...is everything wrong with American food, and the Dad is a weiner.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

SpazmasterX posted:

Eh, they're not bad for 5 bucks. Certainly better than freezer pizza at least.

The food isn't the issue here, it's the fact that they can't wait 15 minutes for a pizza.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Goddamit, Miracle Whip, I HAVE tried your lovely mayo blend and it still tastes like cat piss.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Yeah, those old Miracle Whip ads were terrible. BRING ABOUT A REVOLUTION with our fatty sandwich spread.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Timby posted:

Mother of God, there's a longer version? :suicide:

Imagine my surprise when I learned it wasn't Macy Gray but an even worse corporate version.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
The car commercial where the old parents call their son a hippie for driving a low mpg car is really awful.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Did Hulu finally get rid of that Geico commercial with the guy at kareoke singing, "check me out, everybody says i've got a friendly disposition and they love my spinach dip" cause maaaannn...

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Kinda weird to see that Family Guy Wheatthins commercial on the South Park website.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
That goddamn InvisiLine commercial where the one twin has InvisiLine and the other twin still has braces. "I can't eat popcorn..." "I LOVE POPCORN." Great parents.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
drat, Ron Perlman must be hurtin' for Hellboy 3.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
I moved to New York to study fashion and I got a job at loving TJ MAXX.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
what the HELL is with this cell phone commercial they keep playing where the kid drives 8 hours home on a bus because his dog is dying???

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

ElwoodCuse posted:

I thought it was his mom and he's in college? Or am I just filling in blanks

Yeah, it's his mother calling to tell the guy his dog is dying but, jesus, what a depressing premise to sell a phone.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
I can't find it, but that AXE hair commercial that plays on the South Park website a lot where there are two opposing videos going at the same time, in which one has a girl demonstrating a technique for making a quick bun with sort of wet hair, and the other is this douchebag who quickly puts some styling putty in his own hair and spikes it up, then walks out of his area to fast forward the girl's video until the end which takes a whole whopping 5 minutes or something. So many things bug me about that video, but mostly it's the dude's smug loving face when he fast forwards the girl (not to mention that video is like a how-to tutorial and wouldn't be fast in the first place but whatever). AXE isn't known for being PC but dude is straight up like, "can you believe this chick is still talking heh". ugh.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
loving hell

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Those bears' obsession with toilet paper is getting out of hand imo

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Boywhiz88 posted:

Out of curiosity, what ads do you guys happen to like or find effective?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzS9SxDLFlk

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

raditts posted:

One of the things I miss from living in Maryland are the Eastern Motors commercials.
I wonder if they still update the TV / radio commercials with current Ravens / Redskins players.

As far as "Maryland commercials with local sports team players go," this one is still the undisputed champ though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjmXkWJN1FM

I love how they clearly one-taked this because the guy has no idea what he's supposed to be doing.

There's one with Gilbert Godfried in it, too :tinfoil:
It's nice to see they (Eastern Motors) can see the humor in their own commercials, cause this poo poo is great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpw-dJinzK0

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Kaizoku posted:

Uh, Mrs. Robinson? If The Graduate wasn't a cougar situation, I don't know what was. If you were born before 1947, I'll accept your "Cougars weren't a thing back then," argument. Although, I'm guessing there were older women interested in younger men back then too, I just can't think of an example off the top of my head.

A cougar is an older woman who is attracted to younger men, with an implication of also being sexually attractive. What is older and what is younger is debatable, but I could see someone in their late teens as seeing a 34 year old as a cougar, yes.

Also, for another example of ads we like, I'm a fan of the new belVita morning win ad. Catchy tune that wasn't overplayed on the radio first, and it actually talks about the product while being cute. It's a shame I despise the product.

cool thanks for staying on topic

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSgXdERl4qk

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Mister Kingdom posted:

That's not why I want them to stop.

It bugs me that they encourage returning unwanted gifts instead of donating them right in the song.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
were those the ones where the kids are high and run over the little kid cause that really spoke to me seeing how nobody has ever been killed in an alcohol related automobile accident

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
I liked the commercial but it did not make me want to eat Taco Bell it made me fear my own mortality

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
what is the deal with white people am i right folks

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
what is the deal with that name of that show i obviously haven't watched UGH

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
i really like how they added the grizzled sound engineer at the end saying she didn't write the song otherwise it'd be annoying as heck just seeing her doing cutesy manic pixie girl things

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
I also live in Savannah and I'm already sick of people up north asking me about this loving thing.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
#IAteTheBones

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
They stop by the café. :smug:

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
The only time I've ever been to KFC was when they had those wrap things, Twisters I think they were called?

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
I don't drink a lot of soda but when I do it's always Coke quite literally because their ads aren't obnoxious as gently caress Pepsi-Generation bullshit and they're completely insular, basically ignoring that other sodas exist.

edit: which is really how i live my own life

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
The cadillac commercial just makes me pissed off to live in the united states cause i'm certainly not seeing what's so great about NOT having the entire month of august off or having 2 hour lunch breaks at the cafe and instead working until you die of a heart attack

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Try the Heart Healthy® 12-inch Bacon Sriracha Cheese Steak Melt on Wheat

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
"A lot of people think I'm a punk kid making pizza", says a woman in her early 30's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Rahonavis posted:

Vanilla Ice and Kraft Macaroni are doing a terrific job in outdoing Geico's Cheesesteak Shuffle in the "This commercial is so aggressively off-putting that it pisses me off though I can't express exactly why without sounding like a crazy person" department.

"It's 2014 and Vanilla Ice is in a Kraft macaroni commercial."