Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
All of the commercials with this smug rear end in a top hat piss me off
[img]http://i.imgur.com/b9jz3.jpg[/url][/img]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Grandpa Pap posted:

Shut the front door? No, I want to shut my TV off every time that stupid family eats some Oreo fudge creme cookies and exclaims a silly phrase that sounds like it could be slightly naughty but really isn't. They can go Franklin Delano themselves. :v:

Yeah. It wasn't funny when the gum commercial ran with that EXACT same idea several years ago, so it'll be HILARIOUS now!

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

There is no commercial worse than http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh67uyFK-R0 I didn't see it posted before (probably missed it), and am honestly baffled

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

Peanut President posted:

Why are they getting out at a drive in?

Snacks!

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

I gotta wonder about the effectiveness of car commercials. Does anybody really get the urge to run out and buy a new car after seeing one of these?

No, but it creates brand awareness, which, when you DO decide to go buy a new car, absolutely helps

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

Mozi posted:

I dunno, if I were to buy a new car I'd probably grab a Consumer Reports and see what they had to say. Just because I'm aware that there's something called "Infiniti" or whatever doesn't mean I'll just drive up to my local Infiniti joint.

Do you think most commercials appeal to intelligent people who read? Or people who are dumb and think the Bar Exam is a funny thing?

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

I'm about 85% sure I just heard Rebecca Black's "Friday" on a Kohl's commercial just now :shepface:

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

SteveVizsla posted:

:siren: Jenny From The Block shot her Fiat commercial in LA! A body double does the few shots that had to be shot in NYC, because Lopez refused to go to the actual Bronx to shoot the commercial.

The Smoking Gun's report.

Wanna meet that body double

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah, but at the same time I'd pick up an injured homeless man but wouldn't give money to a cat, so...