Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimmy Colorado
Apr 16, 2010
When that happens I just authorize "Operation: Emergency rear end Wash" and take a bath or something.

Anyway, I'm certain it's been mentioned in the thread already, but I hated the bing.com commercials when they came out. Occasionally they still run, but they reminded me of the Dyson vacuum cleaner: probably a good product, but purports to solve a problem that basically doesn't exist. (I've used a few vacuum cleaners over the years, and none have ever "lost suction" or some such tripe.) The whole "search overload" poo poo with bing was dumb, as I mean, type in cellphone into google and you'll get a bunch of links about cellphones and cellphone companies; not Alexander Graham Bell, or graham crackers, or derogatory terms to call white people, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Colorado
Apr 16, 2010

ElwoodCuse posted:

Dyson vacuums are the poo poo and I rolled my eyes at that dude's commercials too until I actually bought one. It was light years better than the cheapo one I had since college.

I'm certain it's a nice vacuum, just as I'm certain bing is a nice search engine. I am also certain that the cost of all the Hoovers I've bought and yet to buy won't add up to the cost of a single Dyson.

Dyson also makes a "bladeless fan" which is really loving cool, I admit, but is also bullshit, as it's not actually "bladeless": it has a bladed fan in the base, and forces the air it generates through a funky, aerodynamic ring which "multiplies" it or something. I'm not 100% on the science, and yeah, it's cool as poo poo. It's also $300! I'll just open the window, thanks Sir James Dyson.