Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Gonz posted:

SON OF A BITCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2wtNYkngvA

Yeah, I've seen that one as well. :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

(Should I feel bad about posting this?)

No, you shouldn't.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Victory Yodel posted:

Did I just dream the Ragu commercial during the Olympics that had the fat kid walking in on his parents loving?

Give him Ra-gu 'cause childhood's tough
Give him Ra-gu 'cause he's sure had enough...

You...did not. That really happened. I do like the kid's expression, like he gazed upon an eldritch horror that he can never unsee.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

constantIllusion posted:

I don't understand the AndroGel prescription medicine ads that are airing during the Olympics. Isn't artificial testosterone a performance enhancing drug? Why is a substance that is widely used in banned from Olympic competition, being advertised?

Cosmic Irony, maybe? :v:

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
That Frank's kayak.com ad I keep seeing on Youtube is starting to annoy the hell out of me.

"Hi! Welcome to Frank's...Kayak.com!" *starts clicking skip ad button repeatedly*

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Rirse posted:

Already tired of KFC's new "Little" series of ads for their little Chicken Little sandwich.

It's not even a new product, it's just a re-branded KFC Snacker sandwich.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

I found a picture of what I think you're talking about Ignore the drawing.

Interest rate of ~90 percent, eh? I remember seeing one of their ads on Youtube where it was over 110 percent. Even so, the rates this organization charges would make Vegas loansharks weep in envy. As for the perky spokeswoman, I'd say it's less like meth and more like Smilex Gas.

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.westernsky.com/General/Rates.aspx

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Meltathon posted:

Salsa is likely way better for you than ketchup, probably way less sugar, and possibly less salt. If we're comparing ketchup to Taco Bell salsa though, maybe not, who knows what Taco Bell puts in their salsa.

From Taco Bell's site:

quote:

Roasted Corn Salsa
Fire Roasted Supersweet Corn, Fire Roasted Green Bell Peppers, Fire Roasted Red Bell Peppers, Contains less than 2% of Spice, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt

Salsa Verde
Water, Green Chili Peppers, Tomatillos, Corn Syrup, Distilled White Vinegar, Modified Corn Starch, Salt, Dehydrated Green Bell Peppers, Dehydrated Onion, Spices, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate as preservatives, Natural Flavor, Lime Juice concentrate, Soybean Oil, Soy Lecithin, Garlic Extract. Contains: SOYBEANS

landcollector fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Dec 27, 2012

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

vyst posted:

Beezid is like the auction version of education connection. The scam gets a new URL like every week.

Similar to those PCMatic.com advertisements?

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Andorra posted:

My computer has a virus! If only I had PC MATIC! You do need PC MATIC! Does PC MATIC make my computer faster? Not only does PC MATIC do that, but PC MATIC also pays your bills. Plus PC MATIC is telling me you need a date. Thank God for PC MATIC! PC MATIC PC MATIC PC MATIC PC MATIC PC MATIC PC MATIC

The phrases "PC Matic" or "PC Matic.com" are spoken at least 16 times in the damned flower shop commercial.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

raditts posted:

So is the Priceline Negotiator dead, or did he just fake his death, or what? The plot progression of Priceline commercials is very confusing.

Your first mistake is trying to construct a coherent plot narrative out of a series of commercials (that were likely focus-grouped by people with crappy attention spans and little in the way of memory retention).

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Rassle posted:

Got two morons yammering about pretzel dogs in an irritating accent, HEAH!

No thanks, I've already seen one!

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

SpacePig posted:

I'm also getting a thing where, if I click to skip the ad, the audio for the ad runs over the beginning of the actual video. Maybe that's just me, though.

It's been happening to me as well.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Kimmalah posted:

I think sushi is like many restaurant foods, it's as expensive as you want it to be. Like you can get decent but simple stuff on the cheap or get something insanely expensive. Much like Subway! :haw:

In any case, it sounds like they had to find something else to be smug and superior about since I haven't seen any of the "one bite of fast food makes you instantly obese" ads for a while. Maybe those are more of a spring thing though.

Subway's more reasonable if you get footlongs. $4.50 for a 6-inch? Haha, no way. $5-6 for a footlong? Better idea.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Gonz posted:

Death to Subway and Quiznos.

Schlotzsky's Deli forever.

The nearest Schlotzsky's Deli is 150+ miles away from me, so that's not an option for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

dpbjinc posted:

Not to mention that they went from being hand-drawn to lovely RenderMan blobs, unless I'm massively misremembering the original commercials.

You are not.