Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

CapnAndy posted:

Probably the cheapest fish on the market.
I'm sure. Just like imitation crab mean that's made out of the shittiest fish blended together into a paste, bleached, and then molded into whatever shapes you'd like. I like that it's exactly 51% lobster though. The bare minimum required to be able to still call it lobster. loving gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Cathis posted:

I am still amazed by that Taco Bell taco with the hot corn chips in it.

I'm so ashamed to admit that I actually think that thing tastes good. I'm just a sucker for flaming hot flavor.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I know I shouldn't judge an entire company by one store, but this was the manager and he couldn't be bothered to be even semi-professional, which leads me to believe that there's at least regional issues.

They're franchises.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Franchises are still accountable to their franchiser on some level. I worked for a janitorial company that franchised out their cleaning cleaning contracts, no one liked to see me because I meant that the franchisees were going to lose money.

Of course they are, but I'm just saying that it explains the varying quality of the stores.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
There's this new Bayer Advanced commercial that drives me nuts. There's a guy on a plane, and he asks the stewardess for an Advil, and she hands him a Bayer Advanced and he says "No, I'm not having a heart attack, I want pain relief" or something, and he talks to this woman like she's absolutely retarded. He's so condescending.

The new HR Block one is bad too where the woman says "I just always thought we should get more back." Since when does your refund depend on how much you feel you should get back?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

raditts posted:

IIRC the guy is on a Korean flight or something and thinks the stewardess doesn't speak English. Of course that doesn't explain why he thinks explaining his problem in English is going to help.
Yeah, I thought that was part of it, but the stewardess spoke perfect English, and it was just ridiculous the way he gestured and talked to her like she was retarded. It reminds me of somebody speaking English loudly and slowly to someone that doesn't understand it thinking it will help them comprehend it.

Language barrier aside, did he really think that she thought he was having a heart attack? "Oh, this guy's having a heart attack, better get him some aspirin instead of a doctor!"

Leon Einstein fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 9, 2012

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

Too specific. Gluten Free only matters if you're actually allergic to gluten.
This hasn't stopped it from becoming the latest trend. I have two cousins with celiac disease, and it's weird seeing all of this pop up all of a sudden.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
It adds over $300 on every saw that uses it though, and that's why there is so much resistance to adding them on all saws.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
My FB page was full of people showing off the box and the subsequent unwrapping of the new iPhone. What the gently caress is wrong with people? It's a phone, not an identity!

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

kittenmittons posted:

Yeah, that's not why it's pretentious. What shape were Apple's ear buds in the past anyway?
This is the part that annoys me. I've bought multiple iPods in the past, and I had to pay extra for earbuds that weren't complete poo poo. They came with terrible circular earbuds that weren't the least bit ergonomic, yet now they come out with some that make a little more sense and they act like it's some huge forward thinking idea. gently caress you for making me spend 40 extra dollars on my iPod because the default headphones were intentionally lovely.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Thwomp posted:

It's a horrible commercial about an absentee father who couldn't be bothered enough to show up to his son's lovely recital. It should be focused on the grandparents who presumably live very far away.
It bothers me that we're supposed to assume the kid can see the tablets even though he's got a big spotlight shining in his face.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
Anybody see that razor/trimmer commercial where the guy starts off all scruffy and then gets more and more respectable looking and says things like "I'd hire me" amd "I'd date me" until at the end he is clean shaven and he says "I'd gently caress me". It's so obnoxious and disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

Here's what gets me: how come when the saleslady tells the husband that their family plan costs $160 a month, he shouts "What?!" in a tone of pleasant surprise? It should be in a tone that says, "That's a tremendous rip-off and I'm leaving the store now."
Not sure where you are from, but that is a solid deal.