Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Reebok put out a new commerical and I have no idea what to make of it. In the middle of a pick up basketball game, an Asian girl starts dancing strangely. The players and spectators ensue. I don't know what the song is and the whole thing makes me feel old.

Mountain Dew, but for gamerzzz, makes me laugh. Complete with TACTICAL CAN!

Bruceski posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtz9bt9g7_o

I think they just pulled some old horror movie footage.

Yeah, feels like it cuts away just before all their heads explode.

Meanwhile, the song in this Citi commercial makes me wish I was dead, because my brain replays it constantly, with increasingly irritating lyrics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW23ZHOkjvQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I live with old people, and hear "Oh? Oh! Ozeympiycck!?" more than I hear the sound of actual human voices.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Solkanar512 posted:

The ones that jerk off the “go getters” and the “doers” are the loving worst. Yes, you could spend your whole loving life raising kids, working two jobs, taking night classes and spending your free time on your side hustle, but maybe life shouldn’t have to be about getting heart attacks in your mid-30s.

And if you want some free time to just spend time with your kids or enjoy life or a hobby that doesn’t immediate earn you (more likely your boss or some gig company) more money? You’re just a lazy sack of poo poo who’s going to get left behind and it’s all your fault.

Remember this loving bullshit?

https://youtu.be/xNzXze5Yza8

It owns that the ELR was a massive flop for GM and Cadillac specifically.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Aaron Rogers State Farm ads every break.

He may be a hall-of-fame-worthy quarterback, but he must an empty shell of a human to sign off on those.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

Aaron Rogers has charisma, you've obviously never seen the Nationwide commercials with Peyton Manning

Gonna throw a challenge flag on that one.

Rogers gets the benefit of not doing much talking in his commercials, but the implication, for several years running is that he has no life, and only hangs out with his agents (one of which is also a huge moron.) And yet, he comes off as arrogant. Patrick Mahomes is involved somehow too.

True, Manning gets a further knock against him for having a jingle.

Not sure which insurance is featuring Baker Mayfield, but those at least he makes fun of himself.

Gardener Minshew will be hawking The General in no time.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Never want to hear "sheshed" again.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Adventures of Catheter and Clay.

Timby posted:

You're in luck. The actress who plays Cheryl said they've already shot a sequel ad.

:negative:

Also Im reminded the Charmin bears are baffling.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Disney already spamming "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year."

Also Will Arnett either needs to stop doing commercial voiceovers, or do all the voiceovers. No in-between.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Buick winning the awful holiday car commercial race this year.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Saying it better than I can:

https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/1197683813368897538

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
This Chanel ad makes me think I'm hallucinating:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/Ztdq/chanel-no-5-crystal-snow-ball

Why isn't the dialogue synced up? Why doesn't it make any sense? Am I missing a joke? Is the joke on me?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Hector Delgado posted:

The "song" in the Candy Crush ad sounds like someone is murdering cats.

Yup, that's Bjork for ya.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Matthew Mcconaughey's luxury ice fishing still makes me irrationally angry, and it's the least irritating of all of his Lincoln commercials.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
The Duracell commercial with the girl contorting herself into the couch, and the guy obsessively brushing his teeth, is making me physically uncomfortable.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
There's a Bounty paper towels ad running on Shoutfactory TV online that is so poorly done, I'm not convinced it's real.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
"Funny" beer ads have a storied history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFG_UB1YMr0

muscles like this! posted:

There was also a weird thing where the guy who played Smilin' Bob just disappeared at one point.

Probably difficult getting acting gigs when you're the face of fake boner pills.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I've had to give up watching ShoutFactory TV on anything but a computer, due to them playing the same ad SIX TIMES IN A ROW.

Every time, same ad, it's maddening.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Weathertech in general, and the overacting used-car salesman ad in particular, can get shot into the sun.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
There are only three commercials now:

Kevin Hart is yelling.

Will Arnett is narrating.

John Hamm is here for some reason.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Christe Eleison posted:

Somebody taking an unnecessarily huge bite out of a Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s sandwich.

Burger King's newest with a woman enraptured by chicken sadwiches. She's mugging so hard for the camera, it hurts.

Zero One posted:

John Cena crashing through walls with a purple cow.

Indeed.

Hector Delgado posted:

The Amazon ad where the girl on her laptop causes the whole house to drop power and dim. The mother yells at her like this isn't the first time it's happened. They better get the wiring checked out, house seems like a fire waiting to happen.

I do not get this one at all, and indeed, that house has horrible wiring.

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

You forgot Liberty Mutual still trying to will themselves into being Geico/Allstate/Progressive.

Check. At least the volume of State Farm ads seems to have dipped, and I have yet to see Aaron Rodgers hawking anything.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Boy howdy do I never want to hear Kevin Hart's voice again.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

More of a mild annoyance: Getting tired of seeing smug, oddly fit Santa shilling for Rakuten (whatever the hell that is).

There's also John Hamm as "smug, oddly fit Santa" shilling for the World Cup. At least those should go away soon.

Currently trying not to go insane because Hulu stopped working with my adblockers enabled.

Between that and live sports, the current theme seems to be "Horrible singing"

Looking at you: Burger King, KFC, Sonic, and Old Navy.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Cage posted:

Been stuck in my head all day.

The cadence is infectious.

KFC has all my ire: "Crispy creemy plus there's graveeeey." In the whitest, whiniest voice possible.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Henchman of Santa posted:

What's with all the brands pivoting to "unapologetic about unclear things"? Why is Jennifer Coolidge singing #sorrynotsorry about buying gifts from Old Navy? Why is Reese's "not sorry"?

I would love an answer to this too?

Also, get bent, Kroger advertising.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Just saw a Kars for Kids ad that made me want to punch the next child I see.

... Really hoping that wasn't the intended effect.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER JUNIOR DOUBLE TRIPLE WHOPPER IMPOSSIBLE OR BACON WHOPPER I RULE THIS DAY AT BK HAVE IT YOUR WAY YOU RULE

WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
KFC using "Bubble Butt" to advertise the Double Down, and the cartoon Coloniel voice at the end promoting Diablo beta access with purchase...

I'm done. Gonna go live in a shack in the woods.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Pickup truck ads can all fall in a volcano. ALL OF THEM

Addendum: Will Arnett is doing his best to make me hate hearing his voice or seeing his face.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

SpacePig posted:

I feel like we've been making fun of drug ads since I was a kid, at least, and they're getting worse all the time. It all feels just as bad as Happy Fun Ball, and that was supposed to be a joke. The real solution is just to not advertise prescription drugs to consumers, but that's also not profitable to do so we'll keep getting this poo poo.

I only dimly recall the time before deregulated TV. The ads still sucked, but at least they weren't 100% drug commercials.

But on the plus side, haven't seen an ad for boner-pill in ages.

RIP Enzyte Bob.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
It's about to be Footbaw time in america, and I already want all the comcast ads to quietly fall off the face of the earth. Smug children. Really? Who thought that was an appealing pitch?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Pontius Pilate posted:

Thanks for reminding me that my anticipation of footbaw should be knocked down a notch, since it’s basically the only time I see tv ads anymore and I’m sure I’ll be sick of several of them by week 2

It's going to be a rough one. My elderly Dad lives with me, so there's plenty of broadcast TV on.

Emeril and his Dual-Zone Air Fryer(TM) has usurped Mike Pillow for MeTV airtime.

Anyway, hooray footbaw.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Hulu killing my brain with Amazon's college dorm spot, and Travel Oregon's awful new jingle.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Every single one of those "sing new lyrics to a well known song/Christmas carol" songs are almost instantly obnoxious. I'm thinking of the Verizon (?) one with Carol of the Bells and the other one I think someone mentioned upthread with the Mission Impossible theme.

I'm beginning to understand very clearly now why some people despise the Christmas season.

"Log Bag!"

Thanks Etsy.

Fred Meyer's (maybe all of Kroger?) Christmas ad is playing constantly on broadcast and streaming, and it's this maudlin halting earworm that WONT LEAVE MY BRAIN.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Did Buffalo Wild Wings quietly take their new mascot out back and shoot it? I haven't seen one of those awful commercials in a couple weeks.

I'm hoping they did, at least.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
"Extravagooty"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pY2_ojk_9M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

JAMOOOL posted:

there's an ad which I think is for anti-parasite pills for dogs which tries to be cute but is instead incredibly freaky

YES! That one is horrifying.