Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

RMZXAnarchy posted:

This might just seem kinda rude, but personally the specially made 9/11 commercials Verizon and Budweiser made kinda piss me off. Both piss me off in a "OOH LOOK STATUE OF LIBERTY WE'LL NEVER FORGET TEARJERKER CRY NOW." way. The Verizon one irritates me due to its sheer length and just being pictures of a few kids (With token black kid but no asian kid, nice diversity guys.) and the statue of liberty in 5 or 6 different camera angles. Hell if it weren't for the message at the end I could've sworn it was a Visit New York type advert.
The Verizon one is awful. It's really loving bizarre how the commercial deifies the statue of liberty. People don't seem to care that equating patriotism with religion isn't really a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

TontoCorazon posted:

Holy crap just saw the Fiat commercial with jennifer lopez and that poo poo sucks so loving much. The car looks like a piece of poo poo, the song sounds loving horrible, and she does this really horrible dance move in the end. I really used to like jennifer lopez back in the the day and used to think she was a decent dancer but this poo poo lazy

She's wearing some seriously terrible "mom shorts" too. Is that supposed to be attractive?

Also, it may just be me, but her make-up and facial expressions really reminded me of Kim K. Was that intentional, or do I just think all girls with huge asses look the same?

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

Wagonburner posted:

Mcdonald's nuggets are pretty clearly real white meat unless they are able to fake it somehow.

Of course they fake it. If you open a nugget, you can clearly tell the texture is that of a processed paste formed into a nugget shape. I'm sure they just bleach the meat or some poo poo to make it white. I'm not saying nuggets are the worst thing ever, but there is clearly a huge jump in quality when you go to the popcorn chicken.

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

This Battlefield 3 commercial uses the chorus from "99 Problems."

I agree, it is horrible. It doesn't flow well at all with bitch taken out, and I fail to see the connection between the lyrics and the commercial. I am going to write a letter to EA expressing my mock outrage.

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

RaspberryCommie posted:

Use Old Spice instead. Smells much more pleasant.

Or buy cologne that costs more than 7 dollars.

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh
There is a McDonald's ad out now that is advertising the McCafe coffees and espressos. Anyway, they have this guy with a foreign accent, and he says "...blah blah EXPresso" and it drives me loving nuts. Any serious fan of coffee wouldn't pronounce it that way, right? It seems as though the demographic is stupid and fat soccer moms or dads that "LOVE THEIR EXPRESSO". Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

Wagonburner posted:

I'll barely eat any pork outside of bacon and country sausage, won't eat pork ribs, chops, ham but somehow I will eat a mcrib. Even the mcrib knockoff the quiktrip gas stations here sell.
Who knows what the gently caress kind of meat that is anyway. It's a bunch of scrap that is pressed into a shape with fake rib bones, and held together by some weird congealant. The "meat" tastes terrible, and they mask it by adding a poo poo ton of really sweet BBQ sauce and throwing a few onions and pickles on it. It is literally a mystery meat.