Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Okay, so this isn't a TV commercial, but there isn't really another thread to rant about it. I loving hate these, and I see them around all the time on bus stop benches:

1) The big "See!" thing comes off as smug, like I was somehow arguing a point and this totally proved me wrong. Which is a lovely way to advertise.

2) I didn't prove poo poo. To "prove" it works, wouldn't that mean I'd have to actually call the number and advertise something, rather than just read it? Well, I didn't. So what exactly did I prove?

3) If bench advertising supposedly works so well, shouldn't there be a real ad there, instead of an ad for an ad?

4) There's a variation that says "You just proved signs work!" If your point is that people read big words on objects, then congratulations I guess. But it's not just ads that do that, nor are benches the only thing you can put signs on. Either way, I didn't buy anything.

Yes, I realize I'm technically advertising these by complaining about them, but at least I'm not claiming that you're an active participant in buying what they're selling simply by seeing it.

Bonk fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU