Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
The character working the Dry Eye console in the Xiidra eye drops ad makes me think of the Heat Miser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrtM4zagoC4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
Today's Pearls Before Swine comic strip was a good one. Pig got the 1-877-KARS-4-KIDS jingle stuck in everyone's head.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
I'm getting tired of the guilt-tripping begging-for-money charity ads that I usually see on Game Show Network. I've got to the point where I sometimes make snarky remarks back to the TV.

"For only $10 a month, you can help us ruin God's plan for these kids."

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
Thanks to some radio ads for Stand Up To Cancer, I never want to hear anyone say "Back, back, back!" ever again.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
I think that if all the pharmaceutical, Medicare, and charity ads went away, that would cause the demise of Game Show Network. That's just about all the ads I see on GSN.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
Here in Colorado, someone took the old Budweiser "Real Men of Genius" ads and turned it into an anti-Jared Polis ad.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

Cyril Sneer posted:

I don't see how it's any different from previous approaches where they'd have a stock counter ticking down, or insisting that that this great price won't last beyind the ad.

QUANTITIES ARE LIMITED!!!!! (to the contents of a warehouse the size of Texas).

This offer is only available to THE FIRST 500 CALLERS!! (No matter when you call, you're one of the first 500, that was in the call script).

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

TontoCorazon posted:

This ad is so loving stupid, I hate it so much
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueZU-_fn0Ag

No, I will not be renting The Car. I've seen that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

explosivo posted:

Really upping the ante on faux emotional bullshit commercials this year; the one with the old ladies buying sleds and butt pads at the only place they could possibly find those: Amazon plays at least once every commercial break on every channel I watch. Then there's the one for Ford or something with the grandma with Alzheimer's getting driven around the only way they possibly could be: in a Ford. As someone who has had family go through it this one feels particularly manipulative to me. It's clearly working though because I saw my mom repost it on Facebook while talking about how many memories it brings to light and like thousands of other people also reposting this car commercial.

If it's the one where the lady gets the camera, that's for Toyota.