Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

DJExile posted:

Jesus Subway, quit it with the loving kid voices.

I can't tell if I'm more tired of that aspect or the "our food is so good, people are going to ask you if they can have some (because they can't afford to spend five loving dollars apparently)" one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

freehotel posted:

Party Rock Anthem-Kia Soul Hamster Commercial [HD]: Party Rock Anthem-LMFAO

If I ever see a friend or family member drive a loving Kia Soul...well, I probably won't do anything cause I drive a Sunfire, but still. Painfully awful commercial.

I like the Soul, if only because it looks like Geordi LaForge was bitten by the were-Transformer.

So, this Cheerios commercial. I guess I don't hate it as much as I hate its overuse, but my brain kind of seizes up every time because it can't tell if it's seeing a three year old or an obnoxious midget hipster.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

constantIllusion posted:

You call that bad? Everyone in Upstate New York would consider a huge step up from the likes of Billy Fucillo:

Billy Fucillo talks to God.

IT'S HUUUUUUUUGE!.

Somebody was telling me they were channel surfing on vacation in Florida and discovered he has dealerships down there, too. Worse yet, he seems to be putting out infomercials there.

But hey, cocaine is expensive I guess.

Notgothic fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 13, 2012

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

trunkwontopen posted:

"No one comes around my growing family...without a background check."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6boeAfMhao

This commercial just further installs a sense of fear into the "strangers" of your neighborhood. I'm sure things happen, and perhaps this website has thwarted off a bad egg from someones life on more than one occasion, but come on. OH NO MR. HEATER REPAIRMAN, I can't let you on, because you are NOT VERIFIED! SUCURETY BREECH!

I don't think you understand, that woman is pregnant! We need to keep all unverified strangers away from her in case they're roving abortionists or disguised male lions or something! Won't you think of the children, trunkwontopen?

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Doomsday Jesus posted:

http://youtu.be/lxtQ69pNBxQ

If you watch BBCA you know this commercial by heart and have learned to loving hate it. I want to gouge my ear drums out every time this comes on.

It's a blatant ripoff of a more annoying 7-Up (or Sprite? One of the clear sodas, anyway) commercial from a couple of years ago, but I don't really mind this one. Then again, anything can make you want to gouge your eardrums out if you hear it enough, so maybe I just haven't been watching the right TV.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Capn Beeb posted:

I was wondering how either Tool or Garbage could be used for back to school ads, so I hit up youtube.

I was happier before I did this.

I'm glad you said that, because I was wondering the same thing and now I can just continue on in blissful ignorance.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

JediTalentAgent posted:

Speaking of dumb Pepsi commercials, I think very little compares to the horrible alien kid thing they had with The Phantom Menace.

drat it, I am getting physically mad just looking at these, again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlU4D4BMgXM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9kmFTTxucE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhKtlRBZTsE

Aw man, I love Billy West but he has a lot to answer for.

I remember my mom considered having a whole set of 24 Star Wars commemorative cans for about 15 minutes, before realizing how dumb that idea was.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Fog Tripper posted:

Retail Slave posted:

gently caress that AT&T commercial with that one guy. "What's the catch?"

"There is no catch."

"Ok, I'm getting nowhere with you.... I want to speak to your supervisor."

(same drat girl) "I'm the supervisor"

"Finally, someone I can talk to."

gently caress! YOU!

At least she is easy on the eyes.

I just realized where I recognize her from, she's in the bitchy resting face video. Commercial's pretty dumb, though.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Nerdfest X posted:

Grown son, arriving at vacation cabin: "Sorry we're late. We stopped by the house."
Dad: "You did? Did you leave everything in good shape?"
Son: "Sure."
Dad checks his phone app, discovers house is *not* in good shape, corrects everything with the push of a button.

Great, right? Except if your fancy phone app is so awesome, why didn't it tell you that the kids stopped at the house before? That way, you could call the kids while they are there at the house, and have them turn everything off.

Also, nobody leaves the kitchen sink running due to forgetfulness. Lights on, sure. TV, maybe. A faucet? No.

There's a lot of stupid commercials out there, but it seems like the thread always rolls back around to this one. Because seriously, no one leaves the faucet running when they exit a house, that's moronic.

Unless it's those Wet Bandits I've been hearing about, I guess.

vvvv Hell yeah, that would be an actually useful thing, everyone has that moment where they can't remember if they flushed. It's practical AND great for pranks.

Notgothic fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 2, 2014

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Tardcore posted:

The one true choice in fast food chicken is Popeye's Roy Rogers.

I used to go out on the Thruway specifically because they only had Roy Rogers at rest stops anymore, it's that good. Or maybe the other fried chicken places around here are that bad; KFC's pretty boring, and Popeye's has never, ever gotten an order 100% correct for me/people I was with.

Also, they don't serve spinach. I probably wouldn't want fast-food spinach, but you're Popeye's, what the hell is going on here?

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

I'm so glad that Heineken decided to make their own lol-so-wacky-what-will-happen-next commercial just like Budweiser, except without Arnold Schwarzeneggar playing ping-pong (the best part of the other one by far) and about 300% more obnoxious and fake. This isn't sad at all.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Y-Hat posted:

Commercials on TV are bad enough. How hollow of a person do you have to be to want to watch more of them online?

That commercial was actually the tipping point in my turning on adblock on youtube (which is now behaving kind of weirdly, great), after it played before EVERY video one night while I was trying to get to sleep. If I ever see that screaming rear end in a top hat on the street, he'll be wearing two eyepatches afterwards :smug:

Notgothic fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 17, 2014

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

It's not the exact same thing, and the movie up to this point is entirely self-aware, tongue-in-cheek, and intentionally bad and stupid, but this is the last shot of "Feast 3":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEzhpamOVj8

Bear in mind, up until this point, the Feast "franchise" was entirely about small creatures that are super-fast and eat people.At no point are giant robots seen or talked about.

At first I thought "whoa, haha, that guy looks and sounds just like Clu Gulager, awesome", but apparently it IS Clu Gulager! I may have to watch this.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Y-Hat posted:

To keep it short: every living thing, including plants, operates on a 24-hour rhythm and their body adjusts to it accordingly.

I thought it was more like a 25-hour cycle? The person who told me this was mentioning it in the context of "it works out to about the same as the Martian day, which is interesting, don't you think?", so there's room for skepticism, but he doesn't usually screw up the science. He just likes to imply connections to crazy things from the real actual things he reads about and see who bites.

Anyway, if we're operating on a 25-hour cycle, then doesn't that mean we ALL have "non-24"? :ohdear:

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

^^^Well you see, when they electrocuted Jack and stopped his heart and all that, he came back with Perfect Circadian Rhythms. Ask your doctor!

Vicas posted:

If you were operating on a 25 hour cycle then you'd go to sleep one hour later every day until you were sleeping in the late morning, then early afternoon, then back to night again

It wouldn't really make much sense, your friend is probably crazy

This article suggests (about halfway down the first page) that it's a genetic thing, and that sunlight cues cause people to remain on a 24-hour cycle. Which, actually that kind of makes the idea of blind people having a bigger issue with this non-24 thing make a certain amount of sense, for a lovely pop-medical "problem".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Ebola Roulette posted:

Figured I should cross post this from the hipsters.jpg thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNS0JaX9_X8

Smoke-free Class of 2000, guys, we're doing this! No no, for real this time!