Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Here in western/upstate NY we have a law firm called Cellino & Barnes. For the past 15 years or so they had a jingle which was just them singing their phone number, "Eight five four, twen-ty twenty". They recently changed their phone number to 888-8888 but they didnt change the beat of the jingle at all, so the song is awkward because its just a bunch of eights.

Not really annoying to most I imagine, but it bugs the crap out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Wojtek posted:

ATT Digital Life commercial: old dad shuts off everything in his house because his kids are morons. They left the loving water on in the kitchen.
I like this commercial, but I dont watch much TV.

"Hmph, sure ya did" :rolleyes:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Edmantium posted:

The Trumoo commercial where the kid asks for something from the fridge, and the mother has to have a battle of conscience over whether to give her kid the chocolate milk that she already bought.
That commercial seems so 50s-ish "Have a refreshing, healthy cigarette and wash it down with this nutritious chocolate milk! ;)"

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Any commercial that features a webcam, or phone selfie is terrible. Epiduo uses one too. Yeah sure, a 15 year old kid is going to catalogue her acne problems on the internet.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

TontoCorazon posted:

God that Extra gum commercial is sappy as gently caress. Is the father some kind of savant that communicates only through origami or something?
I thought that was cute. You sound like you need a hug.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Nothing wrong with the gift itself but the only thing that bothers me is it jumps so fast from "aww kids" to "aww yeahhh", don't put kids in your vibrator ad.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

raditts posted:

Because Jim Henson would never even think of monetizing the Muppets...? :confused:

I could be wrong but I don't ever remember seeing the Muppets in a commercial trying to sell a product that wasn't their own until this car commercial.

edit: Oh, they did a lipton tea commercial too, but that was from last month?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Gonz posted:

HOLY JESUS WHAT KIND OF AD IS THIS

SAVE THE FROGS, EVERYONE

:stonk: :stonk: :stonk:
I cant put my finger on it but something tells me this picture is exaggerating a little bit. Plus you would think that lady would care a little bit about 32 spiders being on her.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

DrBouvenstein posted:

I've been seeing this ad a lot recently:

http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/twerking-rabbits-horse-heads-fiat-running-gifs-tv/293710/

"Aren't we cool, young people? We're totally hip to your "OMG random monkey cheese" humor! GIFs! And "Deal With It!" That's a thing, right? And a cat! Young, internet people love cats!

I've seen some other ads do similar things (Hell, Quiznos might have been one of the first with those SpongeMonkey things, or whatever they were called,) but it's a growing trend getting worse and worse every year.
I hate to make such a pointless post but I was hoping that link was for the Fiat car ads. Those ads are dumb as hell.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rirse posted:

I can't believe Vonage bought back the annoying "Woo Hoo Woo Hoo" song in their ads. It's a shame that song from Kill Bill is forever ruined by being associated to a crappy phone company.
Why can't you believe it? They paid money to use it once, why not twice? It wasn't a good song in Kill Bill though. In fact, it isnt a good song at all!

Cage fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 9, 2014

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

MrSlam posted:

State Farm ran a funny ad where a man is talking late at night on the phone. His wife catches him and thinks it's a phone-sex thing but hears the State Farm representative on the other end. Then with as much venom as she can muster she says, "She sounds hideous!"

But as all insurance marketing does, State Farm ran it into the ground. They put out a sequel radio ad where she complains to a marriage counselor that her husband stays up late all night talking to some guy from State Farm who can save them lots of money on car insurance. It's not funny. It's not even almost-a-joke. Why would you ruin the good times? You're making your first ad less funny by attaching it to this 20 seconds of marketing-coasting.
I hate that commercial because the wife asks "What are you wearing, 'Jake' from state farm?" If you catch your husband having phone sex thats a weird question to ask. If there was actually a women on the other end I wonder what she expected her to say.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I don't know if it was dish or directv, but its definitely better than the "If you do x, then y happens, then b happens, then c happens, then d happens, then a bad thing happens. Don't do x"

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Or Frank Sinatra selling some VW cars. I'm sure we can go on and on.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hey, Chromecast

This is not how people watch TV. You already made an ad that shows that.

Also don't make anymore ads showing me reaction shots of people watching TV. They're terrible.
2 seconds out of a 15 seconds commercial, seriously? They're not even saying anything.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That Fed Ex commercial where the boss delivers good news in person but bad via email; I know I've seen the black dude in tv shows before but I can't place him, any help there?
Malcolm Barrett

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Thread title didnt specifically say TV ads.

I got an apartment 7 years ago. I signed up for DirecTV for one day, realized it was pretty lovely and canceled the next day. Ever since then I've been getting a letter from them, roughly once every two months. Its not a standard envelope, its greeting card sized and has no DirectTV logos. It even has a handwritten font to make it look like its from a person, not a corporation. Open it up and its just DirecTV pamphlets asking me to come back.

loving one day I was signed up.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Remember the Subaru ad with the garage sale hunter? Hes a pro getting all the deals, then a new rival keeps showing up before him in a Subaru. So one day he buy a Subaru himself and suddenly hes now able to beat the other Subaru dude.

Just leave 5 minutes earlier dude.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Look at this guy who doesn't have fios.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

LORD OF BUTT posted:

The funniest part is? Very few people actually find smoking unattractive past being all like "man, really shouldn't do that, it's gonna kill you someday." Now that nobody smokes inside, it comes up rarely enough that nobody really gives a poo poo in my experience.
I dont think this is true. Smoking will make your clothes stink for a half hour even if you smoke outside on a breezy day, and unless you brush your teeth and gargle mouthwash twice in a row you'll be very gross to kiss.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

ElwoodCuse posted:

Roast beef on a hard bun that has lots of salt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_on_weck

It has a name, kummelweck. :colbert:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

muscles like this? posted:

Pretty sure real money poker sites are all illegal in the US. I have a coworker who got screwed out of a couple grand when they were shut down.

I'm getting really tired of these stupid McDonald's breakfast tweet commercials. Especially the ones where people read stuff out like it is typed. Although, funny thing, I read an article yesterday where some franchise owners are super pissed at corporate for this move as doing breakfast all day is a complete hassle.
This is all worth me being able to get an egg mcmuffin at 5pm.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

DrBouvenstein posted:

Screw the Egg McMuffin, the real advantage is that you can finally order a hashbrown and put it inside your burger.
Well you just cost me about 600 calories. Thanks.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I looked him up and he's some self help rear end in a top hat who sells an ebook or online video series or something about the 67 steps to success. So basically as insufferable as he seems.
And it only costs $67 a month to get some sort of access to these steps. What a deal!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Has anyone mentioned the dodge/hunger games commercial yet? That is bad. Thats totally Katniss going inside the gray car, guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4HdSWBSX8w

Just show the cars drifting, what else do you need?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I like and at worst don't mind the sonic commercials. They're mostly goofy and dumb, but sometimes they're dumb enough to be funny. :shrug:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Is Pomplamoose still a christmas commercial thing or was that just the one year? That was a super annoying one.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's wild how half-assed that BK song is.
Been stuck in my head all day.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Pilk is pretty good. Soda and dairy been around for long time. Ad bad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
And posters from Sept 3, 2006. :v: