Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't understand that either.

"Where is the nugget? We have POPCORN chicken!"

That doesn't make any sense! You're not calling it because of where it comes, you're calling it whatever shape it's made into! Nugget and popcorn is the same drat thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Merkinman posted:

Am i the only one bothered by the Vonage commercial with the barista(?). Now talk on your phone and spin instead of doing your job even though it's visibly pissing off your customers!

That applause is for me!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Deus Rex posted:

we don't need no stinking crumple zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3bFhVvdlaI

Why even bother with an airbag when the lower half of your body is pancake?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Am I the only one who hears the new T-Mobile Christmas commercials as them singing "orgy wonderland"?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

raditts posted:

A merry Christmas indeed!

I can't even blame it on the hot T-Mobile chick. I heard it while I was looking at the computer.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Moon Monster posted:

Whenever I see those commercial I wonder who the hell actually buys lottery tickets for Christmas. "Merry Christmas, you lose!" And what if the ticket actually won? I'd imagine giving a 20 millions dollar lottery ticket to your 10 year old nephew could cause some bitterness.

It's up there with a surprise cat/dog/animal as far as terrible Christmas present ideas go.

My parents buy lottery tickets for Christmas. It's not the only gift and I wouldn't buy them, but eh, it's a little bit of fun for a few bucks and we usually end up breaking even.

I also got a dog for Christmas one year and it ruled. :colbert:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Moon Monster posted:

A pet can be a good gift depending on the situation, but it's pretty lovely to spring an animal on someone who may or may not want it. My sister got a god from her birthday from her college roommate last June. Now it's become an obstacle in her post-college planning.

Oh well I don't think giving a pet to an adult or someone getting ready to move to or in college. Put giving a pet to kids is fine.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

raditts posted:

I hope I'm not the only person that can still recite that commercial from memory.

Nope! I can too! God, I remember having that on VHS from when I recorded the Thundercats movie off of TV.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SteveVizsla posted:

The commercial has been around for over a year now, it's usually on late at night. My local walgreens just started stocking them, right next to the PajamaJeans.

At least with the PajamaJeans commercial you get to look at womens nice behinds for the majority of it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

There's a Just for Men commerical with a baby with a goatee that dances. It's loving creepy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

vyst posted:

Holy poo poo what a scumbag company. They are almost as bad as those Native American quick loan places.

Not really. The Native American commercials pretty much tell you it's expensive as gently caress.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

404GoonNotFound posted:

Not hate, but something I have to point out: That's Garrus/Brandon Keener in the new AT&T ad (the speed dating one), right? I'm not crazy? Because goddamn I'd recognize that voice anywhere.

Is it on youtube?

My favorite thing is every video on youtube with Keener has the top comments related to Garrus. If they ever make a Mass Effect film, they have to cast him as Garrus.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

shyguy posted:

Apologies if this has been brought up already but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xzkDzXHeeA

gently caress this horrible commercial and this creepy baby/man thing.

This plays all the time during Raw and NHL games. I hate it so much. Girls want to gently caress dancing babies? Ughghghghhh.

The "let's get daddy laid!" commercials were better.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Industrial posted:

The Zooey Deschanel commercial bothers me as well. What is supposed to be appealing exactly about an adult who acts like a 4 year old girl/is confused by life?

I usually like her but that commercial annoys me too. Yes, we know she's quirky. That commercial is overkill.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Atasi posted:

She appeared on SNL in a skit explicitly making fun of her, I think she's just taking a piss at this point.

I think she just got the paycheck and phoned that in. Oh she has to ask if it's raining even though it is! And she doesn't want real shoes! Today is for dancing! It's a vintage song!

I like her but the commercial is way too forced.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I never thought the "it made me burst into tears, yo" was a good tweet.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gonz posted:

Tom Kruse

The name is so funny for a few reasons.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I got chicken pox when I was 18. It was pretty bad and left scars all over me. It was on winter vacation too and they had to be sure I wasn't contagious before I went back to college.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

My debut albuuuum.

Swear to God I hear that 10 times a day. And the guy speaks in the most annoying way. "HOW YOU ASK"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Someone said the new Geico commercial with Mutumbo is the best commercial they've seen.

They're right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_0fyUYB3cA

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Did they serve 24 inch noodles, brother?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wojtek posted:

I don't know why everyone hates that totes adorbs commercial. I just love the disdain in their voices.

I really like those too. I love the one that ends with McDowell giving the sinister "You made me this way."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

The only thing I really notice about that commercial is that the dad is Garrus Vakarian.

Garrus is in a shitload of commercials right now.

Someone make a new Mass Effect game for him to voice, please. He's better than KFC.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

What kind of prion disease do you need to have to start spouting catchphrases from commercials? It's a level of basicness that I can't even comprehend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tauYnVE6ykU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Linda got a lendah

I want to hang myself each time one of those commercials comes on

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SilentChaz posted:

Why is Danny DeVito doing ads for Jersey Mike's? And why are they so terrible?

I can't hate them since Danny DeVito is so drat cool

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER JUNIOR DOUBLE TRIPLE WHOPPER IMPOSSIBLE OR BACON WHOPPER I RULE THIS DAY AT BK HAVE IT YOUR WAY YOU RULE

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like the side effect of "may cause death" on some medicine. Yeah I think I'll just deal with my eczema instead of taking medication that might kill me.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vakal posted:

I swear that now 50% of all commercials are for Skip the Dishes & Door Dash or some other knock off, and home meal delivery kits.

Ding dong! It's Drizzly!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Lume stuff is just bad overall because it's like yelling at women that their vagina and rear end are smelly and you're smelly unless you buy Lume

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Medication ads warning of side effects worse than the condition they're treating are my favorite thing.

"Do you have chronic headaches? Would you prefer to risk seizures and death?"

Yeah I've got eczema and one of the medications is like, you could die. Nah I'll just live with itchy skin thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Anthony Sullivan!