Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

You Are A Elf posted:

So, can anybody tell me just what the hell "Jailhouse Rock" has to do with the new Fiat 500? I mean, I get that they're going for the whole old and new thing, but a loop of the opening two guitar strums and snare hits throughout the commercial (later filled with MAD BEATZ and a snippet of the guitar solo) is just... I don't know, bland and dumb, and gets pretty annoying once you've seen the commercial multiple times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1MpTxActPI

Annoying and hateful? That's pushing it. Bland and terrible with a song that has absolutely nothing to do with a tiny Italian car other than the fact that they both came out in 1957? Bingo.

My question is what made Henry Rollins decide to suddenly start doing voiceover work in every car commercial?

I know he was in the recent Acura one, and this one sounded like him as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

AFewBricksShy posted:

I'm almost certain that's not Rollins. What Acura one?

Correction, it was actually an Infiniti commercial. I couldn't find the ad that I have seen on TV, but this article has a different one at the bottom. I have also heard him doing Infiniti ads on the radio quite a bit on Sirius. It isn't really the type of thing that you would expect him to do, but Henry Rollins has never really been a "holier than thou" kind of guy. He just does his thing and let's other people worry about what they are supposed to be/do.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2011/08/henry-rollins-infinitis-hardcore-voiceover-man.html

Acrolos fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 31, 2011

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

There is an AARP commercial out now that I can't stand. It starts with a man playing a tuba (seems to be a trend in commercials now), and at some point a doorbell rings.

My dogs hate doorbells, and this commercial comes on constantly. I work from home and leave the tv on in the background, so I have at least 5-6 moments a day where my dogs go insane.

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

This campaign ad comes on constantly here in NC. This stupid song has been stuck in my head for a month.

http://youtu.be/BJoHuJ3KTB4

Acrolos fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 26, 2012

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

Bugsy posted:

Why the hell is CBS Radio still playing this commercial? Stop playing it please.

And stop playing awful loving Walmart commercials with Christmas music in them, it is too drat early.

The worst part is that the small print on the bottom of the screen says that's they'll donate "a minimum of $75,000" to breast cancer research. That's chump change compared to the cost of running a nationwide ad campaign.