Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Mo0 posted:

It's funny because Flash on Android performs horribly and makes me *hate* Flash on mobile devices to the point that Apple's refusal to use it looks like a good idea!

It is even funnier because that commercial is for BlackBerry Playbook. And flash runs perfectly on the Captivate, Inspire, and LG Ally, so your Moto's either suck or you have a major bias.

The Lay's commercials about where they get their potatoe's are back and annoying as they ever were. There is a new one where the guy talks about how much he just LOVES potatoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

"Hey you've lost weight!"
"Thanks for noticing."
"How'd you do it?"
"Whole grain."
"Whole grain?"
"Whole grain":smug:

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I was under the impression it made you poo poo good. Or at the very least was instrumental in some fashion to keeping oneself 'regular'. I may be mixing it up with another Yogurt commercial, I don't give a poo poo anymore at this point :psypop: They all start to blend together after a while.

That was them. They got in trouble I believe for saying it helps you poo poo better and keep you regular. I think all yogurt does that.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

I loving hate Curtis Stone and this bullshit commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbtx0LMc0Iw

Doomsday Jesus fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 5, 2011

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I like are Burger King because at least they try to be funny and not push their crappy food like it's gourmet cuisine like everyone else.

http://youtu.be/blHLEZhSd0E

Think again...

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

This is one of the dumbest ads out there right now

I swore it was fake at first, now I know it is legit. It is one of the stupidest loving things out there. How can a company think this was a good idea?

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

The Moon Monster posted:

I've never really thought about this before since I've been seeing the commercials fpor half my life and have become numb to them, but what's the deal with that Gerber life insurance? Why would I want life insurance for an infant?

My wife talked to me recently about it. At some point the kid can withdraw money from the account interest free I think. I wasn't really listening when she brought it up.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

the_Vandal posted:

I hope not. I don't mean to be derogatory, but Korean automobiles are poo poo and are ugly.

My parents have a 1999 Kia Sportage. It is ugly but they have encountered no major issues with the vehicle. Of course they have peformed all the necessary maintenence.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I hate how the store is called Dunkin Donuts and everyone I have ever met has called it Dunkin Donuts, yet they insist on calling the place simply 'Dunkin' in the commercials on the radio and for some reason that pisses me off. It's like they're trying to get people to call it that in some attempt to disassociate the unhealthy 'Donut' from the brand but it is forced and I don't like when the manipulation is so obvious.

gently caress you Dunkin Donuts, gently caress you.

I could be wrong but I think it has to do with them branching out from just donuts and coffee. They sell breakfast sandwiches now, and some locations offer ice cream treats.

Doesn't make their commercials any better.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

landcollector posted:

It's not even a new product, it's just a re-branded KFC Snacker sandwich.

No, it is not. Different bun. Different condiments. Same chicken.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

I want this to be the last thing you hear before you stab your ear drums out.

http://youtu.be/p-hW4AOC0c4

SOMEBODY LEFT THE GATE OOOOOHHHHPUN

:suicide:

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

http://youtu.be/lxtQ69pNBxQ

If you watch BBCA you know this commercial by heart and have learned to loving hate it. I want to gouge my ear drums out every time this comes on.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

FuzzySkinner posted:

I never understood why Canada Dry doesn't emphasize some sort of Canadian roots elements in it's advertisements

I like to imagine that's like the national beverage of our great brothers of the white north.

I am not sure if it had anything to do with Canada but back in the day they used to have penguins in their adverts. Also, I can't stand how they are trumpeting that they use REAL GINGER now. That makes it pretty obvious that you had not been using REAL GINGER.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

PT6A posted:

I wouldn't go that far, I think they're just cashing in on the natural foods thing. It probably would've been more expensive to get a ginger flavour out of not-ginger, anyway -- it's not like ginger is terribly expensive.

I believe they did an ad campaign a few years ago where they advertised, "NOW WITH REAL GINGER!" I know for a fact they had a radio ad about now using real ginger. It had a man instructing people to pull their ginger soda plants out of the ground and he had the worst southern accent.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

BrownThunder posted:

Does anyone know what they are selling here?

Being an infomercial junkie I am pretty certain that is for the NuWave Oven or one of the knock off variants. It is a stone cold 100% lock that is for some cooking device that will revolutionize the way you cook.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doctor Butts posted:

Two most hilarious things to me about those commercials:

1. Find God's match for you
Granted I'm not an expert in how God works but I am suspicious that God would refer us to a paid website.

2. The song in the background.
The verse "I want to fall in love with you" is kind of hosed up. You want to?

In the end, I would rather watch another ChristianMingle commercial than another Zoosk commercial.

I agree on both points and it is irritating that the song is being misused.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Mahoning posted:

The better strategy would be to go after the RedBull/Rockstar crowd and play up the fact that those have poo poo tons of sugar and 5 Hour Energy doesn't.

Then Redbull/RockStar/Monster make a commercial highlighting their sugar free variants that give you same stuff in a bigger drink for the same money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I want to see the full infomercial just so I can see what the hell it's hawking.

One of the following items,

GT Express 101
Nu-Wave
Flavor-Wave

I watch infomercials concerning kitchen gadgets regularly and I am pretty sure it is from one of those.