Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

...of SCIENCE! posted:

That's pretty much exactly what it is, people pointing and laughing at the scripted antics of the dumb poors so they can feel better about themselves. I think they're trying to cash out now because as Honey Boo Boo is getting older and stops being cute it's just getting more and more sad.

Reality tv has a really creepy brave new world hypnopedia thing in general going on. Half the shows are "I'm so glad I'm not a poor person" and half the shows are "I'm so glad I'm not a rich person" to show you truly you are in the proper place and you should neither help the poor nor aspire to the rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Sash! posted:

Reality show rich people aren't even truly wealthy anyhow.

The poor people aren't truly poor either, they have their own television show!

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Sash! posted:

I mean, they are pretty stupid after all.

Aren't you glad you are a beta? not dirty and stupid like rich people or dirty and stupid like poor people?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

nutranurse posted:

Oh god. How do commercials like these even get made? How do people think they are good ideas???

For how much you see things saying people hate racism, a lot of the public REALLY REALLY REALLY loves racism.

Here is a quote from fox news: ""Yet it is males who suffer in our society. From boyhood through adulthood, the White American Male must fight his way through a litany of taunts, assumptions and grievances about his very existence. His oppression is unlike anything American women have faced. Unlike women, however, men don’t organize and form groups when they’ve been persecuted. They just bow out of the game."

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/07/12/men-new-second-class-citizens/

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
don't get a loan for a birthday party! that is the worst thing you could ever do!