Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Kaizoku posted:

I actually like these ads, they seem to be mocking the people they are marketing towards without said people necessarily realizing. What is your problem with them?

Maybe I'm cynical but it really feels like it's ramming home how asinine 90% of this poo poo is. It's too easy for me to imagine the two of them reading the scripts before hand and asking if people really say this poo poo.

I can totally understanding hating the material, though. And anything that's repeated ad nauseam.

RadioDog fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Dec 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioDog
May 31, 2005
I'm convinced they did it on purpose just so Dad would have a reason to use his "faucet" app. I mean, when else could/would you use something like that. I bet they're all leaving the faucets on all the time just so that smug fucker can turn them off with his phone. "Yeah, we do that just so he'll shut the gently caress up about it."

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Urdnot Fire posted:

Chevy decided that the best way to sell a car is to remind you of your dog's mortality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t6bLugtJkQ

Christ - is she at the vets having him put to sleep in the beginning?

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Barudak posted:

Regardless of whether or not you think it is a strictly cold and calculating move (probably not on the creative side likely on the client side) the ad itself reinforces the notion that these couples are all equally valid which is positive. You're right that what they think is fundamentally irrelevant because whatever their position they've decided that the "correct" position is that of including such individuals. I don't think its wrong to say "x company is greedy so it used a more inclusive group of people to try to expand their audience and thats a good thing"

Equally valid consumers, nothing more. If this were a "title loan" company targeting gay couples, or a divorce lawyer, the motivation wouldn't be any different. There's just a new customer base. It sounds like you've embraced the cynical truth behind it (that finally they get to lump themselves in with the rest of us suckers) but posters acting like it's anything else are fooling themselves.

That said, it is a good sign.

Fog Tripper posted:

I've seen other comments like this in this thread. Is it possible for commercials to have a black person in them without cries of racism? Christ sake people.

What's funny is I'd never seen the ad until I read that comment, and entirely interpreted it that way at first (until I got the jist of it).

RadioDog fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 7, 2014

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

If I could go back and time and erase any two songs from existence, I might have to choose "Atomic Dog" by George Clinton and the P.gently caress, and "Who let the Dogs Out?" by the Baja Men.

:v:"Oh, hey, there is a dog and/or dogs in this movie...we need a song to play over the trailer to remind people of said dogs, even though the word 'Dog' or 'Dogs' is probably in the title of the movie. What song do we use?"

:haw:"Well...there's a song about letting dogs out...we'll have to play that over a scene of the dog and or dogs running, ideally after they have been :airquote: let out :airquote: of a room, car, back of a truck, etc..."

:v:"Great! Put it in there! Oh, and we should also play that one line of a song that goes "Bow wow yo yippie yay yippie yo" over scenes of the dog and/or dogs just generally being "goofy" and doing things one would not expect a dog and/or dogs to do."

Not alone ... not in the least ...

http://www.thesharkguys.com/lists/top-17-most-overused-movie-soundtrack-songs/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioDog
May 31, 2005
Mom .... mom ... mom .... mom ...

I'll mute this fucker if I'm close enough to the TV when I hear it start. And of course they play it ALL THE loving TIME. No joke I've counted it 5 times in the last 1/2 hour. 6. gently caress ... it came on while I was typing this.

:suicide: