Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
You aren't exposed to this horrible, constantly running thing, courtesy of the TXDoT unless you live in or real close to Texas. Lucky you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CAgfJVeI1s

Assuming the cop tags these dudes in a speed trap, how does he see the guy in back not wearing his belt? Don't most middle seats have a waist belt and not a shoulder belt? Who drives around Texas, with all their windows down, on the highway? What sort of grown man wears a shirt like that?

And look at all that green and goddamn trees. I loving know the east side of Texas is responsible for this. The good side is proper desert. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Riptor posted:

dont you want flash?

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

cause of like newgrounds and stuff?

People still use Newgrounds? :psyduck:

CobiWann posted:

It's funny that the shittiest beer has the best commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNz0kdGLX-E

Well, maybe not the best, but it's nice to see a beer commercial just...be a beer commercial.

Considering how lovely Keystone Light is, it's amazing how great the commercials always are.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

vyst posted:

The funny thing is I don't even think the black guy (Damon Wayans Jr.) is even on the show anymore - he's going back to Happy Endings since it got renewed.

He's not. There's a different guy in the promo's graphics now. :v:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

vyst posted:

I can't stand that Geico commercial where the 3 office nerds are doing dumb poo poo with their smartphones. I just want to drop kick them all.

What do you have against the brother with the brostache? <:mad:>

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Geico needs to just suck it up and do a 'Does a bear poo poo in the woods?' commercial.

"Is the Pope Catholic?" *Cuts to Pope* Pope: "Si."

GEICO.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rirse posted:

Only one of their ads that got annoying for me was the ad with the pig squealing for 20 seconds as he drove home. But still better then most crap in this thread.

I still like that commercial, but that may just be because I think pigs are adorable.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Nuggets aren't mechanically removed from bones, they ARE bones. After they take all the good, edible cuts of meat off the chicken and sell them to people who don't hate food, they then shove the remaining carcass in a blender and blend until it's a smooth paste. Then they add some chicken "flavoring", form them into nuggets, bread them and cook them. Et voila, chicken nuggets!

And yet, I still enjoy eating them.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Mister Kingdom posted:

As a citizen of Georgia and, more specifically Savannah, I would like to apologize to the entire earth for those.

I think I've been in the television industry too long if I can look at that personal injury lawyer spot and see how it appeals to the target audience in Savannah, Georgia. Also, slightly racist.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Polaron posted:

It apparently has an app on the website. If I had an iPhone I would check it out, because I am incredibly curious.

It's probably a little guinea pig that says "Row" in that funny little voice whenever you touch it. Geico has a few funny little apps on it's website from it's commercials.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Spaticus posted:

The little kid dressed as Darth Vader "starting" the car is shown way to much it's trying me loving mad. Every loving channel.

That's probably because it's pretty much the only commercial Toyota is running at the moment, and they advertise all over the place. Last week I saw it at least twice in every CBS distributed syndicated program I ran.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

DJExile posted:

It's not Toyota, it's VW

Typo on my part. I was thinking Toyota for some reason.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Mister Kingdom posted:

I'M BLACK OPS!

Die!

I can't help but giggle every time he slaps the dude's hand as he takes away his chalupa.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I seriously despise these new Chase commercials where they act like they aren't the greediest motherfuckers that ever hosed mothers. Oh boy, you can get 5%(!) back on your purchases up to $1500! That's !!!$75!!! :aaaaa:

gently caress banks forever.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Sash! posted:

5% back is actually a lot more than everyone else does too.

I once had a job that required me to do research on that matter. 780 different credit cards. I may be the foremost expert on the subject on the planet :v:

I know. They actually advertise this fact like it's something they should be proud of.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

enigmahfc posted:

The brother and sister in that Folgers coffee commercial just need to go ahead and screw because they sure are throwing around some "gently caress-me" signals.

"You're my present..." yeah he is.

Is it the really incestuous one they were airing last year too? We had the exact same discussion before.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

raditts posted:

Aries Spears used to be pretty funny, I guess Mad TV will do that to you :(

Will Sasso and Alex Borstein are still funny. Phil LaMarr gets tons of voice work these days.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

SlothfulCobra posted:

I hate those ASPCA commercials that have pictures of animals with blank looks on their faces and now UNICEF has made a version with african children instead.

They don't look sad or anything, they're just bored and staring at the camera.

It's hilarious that they think we honestly care even a tenth as much about starving african children than we do about abused animals. They've been trying to get us to give them money for years, and then the ASPCA rolls up and depresses the poo poo out of everyone.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Oh good, Hersheys is still using I Melt With You. That means either no one told them or they don't care.

Those "Air Delight" chocolates look really gross to me for some reason.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

vyst posted:

MY FAMILY WAS KILLED.....IN FRONT OF ME

These Columbiana commercials annoy me

IN F-F-FRONNNTTTT OF MEEEEE

Terrible actress for a terrible movie.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
That drat pig is awesome, gently caress you guys. :3:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
The spot for Progresso soups where the guy is trying to propose to his girlfriend over a meal of canned soup makes me irrationally furious.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

I'M MEXICAN AND I'M TALKING ABOUT THIS PLACE WITH MEXICAN FOOD THAT'S WHY I USE WORDS LIKE "FAMILIA" AND "NOVELLA" BECAUSE I'M MEXICAN AND OTHER MEXICANS SHOULD EAT HERE TOO

I realize the legitimacy of using a spokesperson of the ethnicity you're targeting, but goddamn if it doesn't rub me the wrong way. It's like if KFC or Popeye's only targeted black people instead of realizing that everyone and their mum loves good fried chicken and assorted sides with biscuits.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Maxwell Lord posted:

I remember Popeye's had an ad a while back with a bunch of people eating chicken in a dance club (for some reason)

I don't know about you, but I always pick up a bucket before I go clubbing. :confused:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

angerbeet posted:

My favourite bar let you order in. Mind you, KFC doesn't deliver anymore, but there was a time. Less of a club, more of a basement dive. Dive is generous.

So it was just someone's basement? :v:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Sometimes when you see a bizarre, out-of-place spot in late night cable programming, it's actually because that spot was meant to be covered by a local spot from your cable/satellite company. You ever see a split-second of a spot right after a local one right before the show resumes? That's one of the spots that got covered. The whole explanation is a bit more technical, but that's the gist of it.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rhyno posted:

On the opposite end of the spectrum, the Velveeta "I'm a Blacksmith" commercial is loving rad.

Just add ground beef, apprentice.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Tupping Liberty posted:

Since we were talking about the Samsung galaxy commercials, I just came across this today. Apologies if it's been seen, it was an ad in France. Click especially if you like tutting. For the record, I'm posting this as a great commercial, not a baddie.

http://youtu.be/AFJlIVSARsE

A minute and 45 seconds is a bizarre length for a television commercial.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Aggro posted:

Are you too goddamn stupid to use a regular bottle opener? Does twisting a cap off shred the withered flesh from your pathetic palms? THEN BOY HOWDY -- YOU SHOULD TAKE MY TOP OFF!

Maybe if you're a scrub that can't pop off a bottle top with the edge of a table or counter. :smug:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

DJExile posted:

Granted, I'll take the taste of a payday over just about any energy/protein bar out there.

Clif Bars are delicious. :colbert:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
There's a new Geico piggy commercial out. He's street luging. :iia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ZDV3fvaXM

Requesting gif of :11-:17

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

skooma512 posted:

The Jumbaco commercial.

gently caress off. I'm trying to watch the Kings game and you shitlords come in with your earworm garbage.

I'm boycotting them until I can get through a game without hearing that commercial.

Its' run is probably over already since they're rolling out the commercial where the dude marries bacon.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

MillionsV posted:

This goddamn Dominoes "Parmesan Bread Bites" ad is driving me nuts!

The dude "invented" garlic bread with a sprinkle of cheese on it.

I THINK WE SHOULD MAKE HIM CEO!

AHHHHH BREAD!!!!!!

They suck. You don't even get dipping sauce. I only got them because they were free as part of a coupon.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rirse posted:

Hardee/Carl Jr has another awful commercial where it pretty 30 seconds of a girl (who looks like she from the 40s) stripping in a car while watching some black and white movie all because of some lovely burger she is eating. Yeah, I have no idea either.

Who cares? It's awesome.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Leon Einstein posted:

I'm so ashamed to admit that I actually think that thing tastes good. I'm just a sucker for flaming hot flavor.

Don't be ashamed. It's delicious and only a dollar. :colbert:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Gonz posted:

I will also chime in and say that Haribo Gold Bears are a superior gummy bear to any and all other brands. I normally pick a bag of them up for a buck at a gas station; they're infinitely more affordable than any of the 5-6-7 dollar candy that movie theaters try to sell you.

Movie theater profit margins are all in the concessions, that's why everything is so ridiculously expensive when the exact same thing in a store is a quarter of the price.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
What is it with celebrities and having kids with Autism? There's gotta be something in their fancy bottled water if 1 in 110 celebrity's children are coming out autistic.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
So is Old Navy trying to snap up the whole former cast of Blossom or is it just coincidence?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

404GoonNotFound posted:

My colon's reaction to the first (and last) Baconater I ever had begs to differ.

It's not Wendy's fault that you're too weak to handle it. :colbert:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

squarerandom posted:

So dominoes is hiring, as long as you can be good at their pizza making app. :wtc:

Read the fine print next time that spot comes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Grin and Tonic posted:

THIS loving thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFxtDR0riL0

...is everything wrong with American food, and the Dad is a weiner.

Eh, they're not bad for 5 bucks. Certainly better than freezer pizza at least.