Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Finally caught myself up with this, and holy crap, am I still envious about the PS3 extras, if only for Raven's bitchin shades.

I'll not bother echoing the Cumore scene love, because I'd just be repeating what everyone else has said, save that it looks even better in my eyes with a certain title activated on Yuri's behalf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Ah Judy. I remember the first time going though this scene. Hit me out o the blue, mostly because Judy was my favorite party member other than Yuri starting out.

Then again, she's STILL my favorite party member other than Yuri, so that's not changed in the least.

Though, not gonna lie, this scene is batshit hilarious with Judy's armor on. On that note, are there any plans on showing off the PS3 exclusive costume titles post game or the like?

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Not gonna confirm or deny that theory, but I once again have to state that Patty and her story arc completely clash with the (mostly) very sensible characters and plot we have in the 360 version. I honestly don't understand why they added her.

Without getting into detail, because I don't have the PS3 version, I do know that she, and most of the other PS3 bonus content were added because Sony wouldn't let Namco Bandai release the game on the PS3, if it was exactly the same as the 360 version, for some bullshit reason, hence all the added content.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

From someone who loved the Policenauts LP for the Romhacking stories that Slowbeef told, and because I've been curious from the start about some of this, I loved this, and I hope I'm not the only one who would love to get more info on this

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Senerio posted:

Polite request to never not have the Imperial Knights Captain title equipped for any of the relevant cutscenes.

Echoing this if possible/willing.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Fedule posted:

I always got the impression that the incantation was something casters did just to pass the casting time and also appear cool and stuff.

Always viewed it like this. After all, "<Massive Incantation>..NEGATIVE GATE!" sounds far more intimidating then just 'Negative Gate!"

Though, at the same time, one can also view Over Limits as running at top performance, hence Rita's genius is working overtime, allowing her to simply condense her casting to the point that she's only saying 'blah blah blah' then the spell name, out of habit.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Adus posted:

I always considered the 'blah blah blah' thing an amusing touch, however if you ever farm for grade in this game, be prepared to have "Blah Blah Blah, Tidal Wave!" burned into your brain forever.

Welp, now I need to drown my brain in metal for the next three hours to get that back out of my head. Even muting the sound didn't help!

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Something I just realized thanks to the screenshots, and something I chuckled at, Yuri has Second Star 'equipped' during the animated cutscene after you defeat Estelle.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Glazius posted:

Dang, it's taking this long to get the evil weapons going? They at least have decent attack power for how late you get them, right?

...not entirely. The Fell Arms are nigh useless until unlocked by the final boss' true form, upon which, post game, and in New Game Plus, they gain a point on their attack stat for every enemy killed with that character, regardless of weapon. 360 version resets with every NG+, but the PS3 version added in the unlock of carrying weapon levels over.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Echoing the 'gently caress this Secret Mission' responses, and likewise doing the same towards missing Yeager's Shotgun-Scythe.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Senerio posted:

It's actually 5.
Yuri
Repede
Cap'n Karol
Judy
Raven owes a life-debt to Brave Vesperia so him too.
:colbert:

That actually could be counted as 6, if we want to include Ba'al into the Guild as well.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

I have no idea which was funnier, the fact that Rita finally has a costume sillier then Karol's girly outfit, or the possibility of more silly pajama outfits for the rest of the cast.

Rita yelling at a mother for neglecting her kid is a nice touch, even if it's just on the PS3 version. Shows how she's grown overall

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Glazius posted:

I do like that there's a skit for making ice cream in the frozen north.

There's also one for making pan-fry noodles in the desert. It's equally hilarious.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Well, that was certainly weird. The Tales of Eternia LP mentioned that the summon spirits have a guest appearance in Vesperia, but they didn't mention the context like this. I like the idea of that minigame, so it feels like the player is actually doing something to regulate the whatchamahoozits, but that was way too easy, even for a tutorial stage.

Thing is, unless it shows up in the PS3 version, that's the ONLY time you do that minigame. Period.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

We're gonna get new ones fairly soon.

And yeah, guess I did. Gonna add that in a bit.

More importantly, why is Yuri not in his Dark Enforcer outfit?

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

There's a good reason for that, actually! It obscures Yuri's mouth in cutscenes, which is surprisingly annoying when trying to assign portraits to each line. This goes for the Black Hat too; it obscures his eyes in many shots.

I had forgotten all about that! Should I assume he'll be wearing a certain outfit once you unlock it that is rather close to the Enforcer, appearance wise?

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Well. That was terrible. Gotta dig all the PS3 bonus costumes still showing up, however.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

I'm not gonna lie, I love everything about Yuri's costume, except the horns. The PS3 version has a version sans horns, yes? Or am I mistaken?

Either way, that was the outfit I used for the longest time, as I missed the Dark Enforcer title on my first run.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Now that we got it back, I just want to say gently caress the Brionac sidequest for how insane it is to get that last bit to show, because what's worse then worrying if something triggered or not in the last city? Worrying if something triggered or not, and not realizing you missed one tiny bit of the sidequest, all the way back in act 2.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Wild Knight posted:

Counterpoint: Yuri's Dark Enforcer + Black Hat. :colbert:

Also, just realized this thread is nearly two years old. Happy almost-birthday. At least you're at the final boss, the FF7 thread is only about halfway through the game. :v:

Seriously, this has been a super-comprehensive LP and one of my favorites. Fantastic job. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the game.

I'm gonna share this. Dark Enforcer and the Black Hat is the best way to go, if you're going to not use the default costumes.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

I'll just leave this here. If you haven't beaten this game's bonus dungeon this won't make much sense.

Seriously gently caress that dungeon.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Considering we're trying to jump to the next page here, I might as well ask, what's the thread's opinion on Tales of Xillia? I just picked it up a few weeks ago, and I'm not sure what to think just yet. Granted, I'm not that far in, as far as I know, anyway, but I'm curious to what the thread's thoughts are.

Edit: Welp, next page, but question still applies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Brunom1 posted:

I think you might as well clear up the PS3 stuff first before wrapping both versions in one go.

Gonna put my support behind this as well, That spoiler up there will be the perfect ending.

• Locked thread