Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Glazius posted:

Yuri's pretty good with the sword of the royal line. Something he's not telling us, or is this just a high-level fighter thing?

Also I'm really wonder what it's going to do to Estelle, given the Duke's agenda.

High level fighter. Hes just that good.

Which reminds me, Admiral, i know this may be a pain, but when it comes time, could we get a .gif of Yuri performing Frigid Blast? That move is boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I tried making some .gifs before but they come out either looking like poo poo or with an extremely huge filesize. It's probably easier to up a video instead.

Thanks anyway! I ended up finding a pretty good one anyways. Might i ask permission to share it with the class when it becomes appropriate?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Admiral H Curtis posted:

That's an odd thing to say Karol. Is he the son of an imperial? I've never heard any kind of explanation on his origins, which is weird what with the line during the Schwan fight.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Now that its showing itself a little, I want to point out how awkward it seems to me that Estelle and Rita are considered "part of the guild". It just seems to come from nowhere. I mean, sure, they have been traveling the planet together and all, but they seem to make it very clear at the start of "Act 2" that Estelle is the client and that Rita is effectively bumming a ride. Its mostly Estelle and Rita that get me. Raven makes sense because of what they said to him on Heracles, but Estelle has an Empire to get back to Eventuallytm, and Rita's Tsundere tendencies make it hard to judge whether they wanted her to seem like she actually cares, or if shes just along for shits and giggles.or if its because she likes Estelle

^^ Man, I will never get over how ridiculous those guns are.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the PS3 version expand a bit on the whole Duke/Elucifer thing a bit?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I don't know. I can't bring myself to hate on Patty too hard. Shes got a pretty cool fighting style and she doesn't grate in the sense that she doesn't detract from the plot thats already there. Its more like shes a distraction.

That, and the scene on the dock after the fight kinda gets me a bit. :smith:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Oh yeah! I totally forgot that the Flynn battle was so soon. Such a great little surprise for the 360 version.

And I know that posts like this are frowned upon, but I can't wait for the next update. :allears:

Actually, question. Spoilers, read at own risk. Does Flynn get all of his new artes to throw against you in the PS3 version? And if so, do you still have to see all of them to get the mission?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Excellent, thank you. :getin:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
You mentioned that you didn't know the name of the poker game. Its just standard Video Poker with a High or Low game tied to the end.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Too bad that its cast time is horrendous and it doesn't last very long. Still fun to throw out every now and then.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Something I really liked about the cutscene leading up to the fight is that, right before Duke picks up his sword, this song comes on. Its a remix of the opening song:

Unexchanged Feelings

And it really just lends to the sense that Duke and Vesperia really don't want to fight. That, and I'm a bit of a sucker for this sorta thing. :v:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Me and my buddy are playing through this on 360 after I told him about how I've always wanted to co-op a Tales game.Its his first Tales too. Having beaten the game 1 or 2 or 4 times, I'm using this play through to learn Judith finally, so tips on that would be nice.

What I really wanted to say though was this, your LP is fantastic Admiral. Its useful to check on for side quests because there are so drat many and its easy to miss a bunch (I've already missed Broniac in our co-op) and its fun to tell him about some of the stuff that the PS3 version added. So thanks for an LP that this game deserves and good luck on the PS3 stuff! *shudder*

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Magil of Shadow posted:

Gonna put my support behind this as well, That spoiler up there will be the perfect ending.

It will also make more sense if you do the PS3 stuff first too, so put me down for this plan.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
So, would multiple Pattys share form? I imagine that she can do some screwy things with multiples too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

wdarkk posted:

Sounds good. Do you have any idea why Xillia seems to look worse than Vesperia or Graces? For some reason it looks kind of blurry to me. Xillia 2 with the same environments looks better so I'm not sure what it is. The lighting model?

I thought Xillia and Xillia 2 looked fine. Granted, they like to use this stupid blue border thing to indicate dark areas way too often, but overall I thought it was fine.

• Locked thread