Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the jews are hotter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Kirk posted:

this looks extremely loving bad and im glad i didnt watch the first season of this trash

its actually good. the trailer, like the show, is told from his pov and hes nuts. its about how his untreated mental illnesses make him a danger to society. there is some conspiracy-ish stuff but its not as bad as the main character (as in the trailer) thinks it is. its more like "oh this company covered up their chemical dumping in a residential area and now they're being taken to court" and not "the chemicals were for mind control to make us buy hot pockets and watch tv"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
there are only like 3 characters you could really call good people in the show and the main character gets one killed, destroys the business of another, and then ignores the 3rd when she needs help at which point she decides to fix her own poo poo and is revealed as the real protagonist.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Tomalak is cool

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

all them green alient babes have tig ol' bitties

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

yep

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Bhodi posted:

brave new world, that was it

written in 1932, jesus christ

bnw is the best dystopian future setting because the reality is people don't care about freedom so much as they care about being comfortable

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

so i guess Idoru is a thing now, kinda.

of all the cyberpunk futures to live in... we got gibson's

his is the only one that ever made any sense.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lmao that rules

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

its a terrible haircut but like almost any fashion choice it looks good on attractive people.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
she got it cut that way for a movie.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
new captain america was ok. I liked black panther and spiderman and thought they added the most of everyone other than cap + tony. the plot is pretty good but it drags on a bit w/ all the fights and could probably use a little trimming here and there.

scarlet witch is hot as heck

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cocoa Crispies posted:

I read a review and it's apparently a half hour longer than fury road, and worse

if you don't like comic book movies you aren't going to like it but as a comic book movie its pretty good. its not a shitshow like the avengers movies

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
RDM is an ok writer who needs a good editor

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
is stellaris any good or is it like dark souls "good"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Awia posted:

as in excellent?

overhyped by goons

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it was always like this and people just got better at complaining

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i wanted 2 touch on Far Harbor real quick. the accents suck rear end. seems to be some cool new weps tho. also wasteland workshop added a bunch of buildable crap .

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
someone needs to do a mod for Far Harbor w/ realistic accents

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the guy with an hosed up face is assface
the guy who lets them land is lando
the guy who holds the door is named holddoor

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

so why did Sebastian want to go? general thrill seeking? it seemed like he had a decent thing going on earth

fewer regulations in the offworld colonies meant he could expand his research. ex: the nexus 6s were illegal on earth but perfectly fine in the colonies.

also thered be plenty of land for the taking and the corps/govs would probably not be able to police it all. even where they could there would be economic incentives to have someone else just take a chunk of land and do whatever to it since the restrictions would switch from resource to manpower (hence the invention of the nexus series)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Blade Runner basically takes place in the expansionary period between Judge Dredd and the Fifth Element after the invention of faster than light travel.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
heh

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the sprawl trilogy is extremely good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
there are probably performance gains related to the format over general compression/packaging like zip. it also could be that creating a tool to read the contents is easier than creating one to do the packing which is why you cant just throw the files in there. also the game/format may expect certain files to be a certain size or length.

that's all just wild speculation tho.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
well there are tools to do it and that's what the AAA guys use, they're just not free.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I wish they could have kept on that first person stage 1 descent cam cause that would have been rad as gently caress.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

sweet

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

DiggityDoink posted:

re: silicon valley tonight, i dont even code and spaces seem like there for retards

they are. there are no legitimate reasons to use spaces over tabs which makes it a great litmus test

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it should be inserting the tab character, not spaces. if its treating the tab stop as 8 characters that's weird but ok cause its still tabs.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if it replaces tabs with spaces you should fix it, and if its not fixable you should stop using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

indigi posted:

I just read Fluency and the sequel (both parts of the Confluence series) and it made me realize that a trope I've noticed in recent scifi is This Character Is A Genius With Languages And Has Even Been Able To Translate Uncontacted Tribes so they can smooth over the whole first contact problem

I prefer the SG1 method where everyone just speaks English

• Locked thread