Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I somehow ended up enjoying this movie, more than i should most likely. I liked the relatively less liberal use of shaky cam compared to Transformers 2. I actually understood what the hell is happening on the screen except couple of shots and thats due to having lots of stuff happening on the screen to follow. It seems that Bay has finally learned how to put the camera on hold instead of spinning it around the scene like a madman.

The "plot" was, and i am using this term very, very lightly here, solid this time. Yes i used an airquoted term very, very lightly. But it wasn't as horrible as the second film (on a sidenote i've never watched the first film). It had a clear beginning, developed with a good pace and wrapped up things nicely. Also, they didn't skipped all over the world this time so it lacked the infamous Museum-Plane Graveyard-loving Petra Temple leading to Pyramids scene of its own.

The action scenes were good and spectacular but Bay hardly gets any points from that with all resources he has. I especially liked the car chase scene and that long rear end skyscraper shot. I somehow enjoye that human vs hugeass robot fights aswell but this time robot vs robot was even more focused on.

Yes yes the characters are terrible i know, not defending it. Autobots have their new racial stereotypes, brawly Aussie (or British?) Wreckers but ultimately boring as poo poo as a group with the exception of Ironhide. I think even if Bumblebee ripped the poo poo out of every single Deception out there single handedly, he wouldn't look badass. Optimus Prime is just fanboy wank material, i never liked Transformers that much though so i might be biased here. Deceptions are spiky and for some reason have metal rasta hairs but what the hell.

Actors, oh the actors. I can't believe how irritating Shia is, doubly in this movie because all he does is whine&shout this time instead of JUST shouting "AEPTEMUS!!!!". Ok i get it you made the mistake of casting him because he blows Spielberg or something i don't know, just make him bite a stray laser or get smashed in the face by a giant angry robot like it is bound to happen in five seconds any scene he is involved against Decepticons. I don't care about which chick plays his girlfriend this time, never did either. Rosie something-something is gorgeous, british and my god that jean does look tight i mean how she didn't ended up as a red stain on some pavement or vaporized by an energy bolt while battle hardened soldiers bite it by the dozen?

And, an actual TWIST on a Bay film? Not just one but two? Why i never!

Overall, i expected something terrible and i got something terrible but enjoyed it somehow. It was much better than Transformers 2 and pretty much did its job for me. I am also never, ever going to watch this again.

4/5 if you like mindless action and claim that this movie had a plot, 1/5 if you are not me.

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU