Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Has anybody here tried playing RE4 on dolphin, either the original gc version or the wii edition? It plays drat near flawlessly when there is actual gameplay going on, but when playing a video it'll play fine for like 30 seconds and then the audio desyncs from the picture (which gets stuck) and then the whole thing freezes. If I skip the movies the game will continue on normally...but then I can't watch the movies. This happens even at native game res and no graphics enhancements whatsoever and on both versions of the game :(

PC specs
Intel core2quad q6600 oc to 2.8ghz
8gb RAM
AMD Radeon 5870

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Hace posted:

Desyncing shouldn't be happening on recent build, what version are you using?

Currently 4.0-5637 but about to upgrade to whatever is latest on the website...

I dunno what the technicals behind "desync"are but the video fps drops to like 1-5 when playing, but is constant 30 during gameplay.

E: now on 5656 and same thing. Also, forgot to mention that I had to switch the audio back end to OpenAL and increase the latency to 8 just to get the movies to play at all, and not just go at 0fps.

site fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 25, 2015

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Nope.

It's weird, GPU usage will spike to 99% and the movie will crap out for a minute or so, and then a scene change in-movie will happen and GPU will drop down to 20-30% for about 15-20 seconds, then another scene change and GPU goes back up to 99% and it craps out again. :S

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Still haven't solved the movie desync issue, but now that I've used them I've also noticed that using save States even once will make the game poo poo itself and start playing at 15-20 fps constantly. Ugh.

Big props to Suspicious Dish though, you guys on the Dolphin team are doing amazing things with this emulator!

site fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 25, 2015

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Suspicious Dish posted:

I asked our devs and they've never heard of this bug before. Try using the latest nightly release on the OGL engine, with otherwise stock settings.
Okay, doing all three. Game definitely seems to run slower unless I use OpenAL and increase the latency though.

Movies can play, or at least play for a long time, if I haven't used save states as well, I am finding. Don't know if this required restart of just the emulator, or the whole system though, because I've done both.

E: With xaudio2: Audio from HDMI to TV through video card to causes crackling, audio through creative audigy dedicated sound card does not?

With OpenAL: latency at 7 seems to be the sweet spot for me through hdmi, but it always crackles through the sound card, even at default latency.

After deleting the My Documents\Dolphin Emulator folder and trying again, now even the game is slower and movies are no go. But I'm away from home now so can't fiddle with it some more right now.

site fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 25, 2015

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I just headed to the citra site and noticed more retail games in their screenshot roll, seems like a lot more stuff is making it in-game (nothing is playable yet). It's progressing ridiculously fast and it may be a matter of months before stuff is fully playable. It reminds me of how quickly PPSSPP progressed in 2013.
No kidding. it's crazy how i only updated like 2 weeks ago and there already been like 100 commits since then. You reminded me to update lol

site fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 17, 2015

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Man, I knew something was wrong with the audio since they took away the threading option.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's not even just a capacity thing, people who are eligible are intentionally denied multiple times to discourage them before acceptance into the program

/derail

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Don't know if anybody cares, but I gave this custom build a try last night and was getting an extra 5-10 fps in Rogue Squadron on my old q6600. Might/probably would be a good boost for other games I'd imagine.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh bummer. What's wrong with it?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ah, gotcha. It was linked in the RS thread and it said last updated like 5 days ago so i figured it'd be somewhat up to date. Too bad whatever it did actually seemed to work :/

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
drat, that's pretty old lol

Thanks for the head's up.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol yeah fair enough. I can just keep this build around for RS for now.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Ryoshi posted:

Thanks for the link! Sorry if this is super obvious, only scanned the page for a second (on my phone at the moment) - is this specifically for Bluetooth connections or will it work for USB as well?

You can also try Better DS3. Works for BT and USB (which is how I used to use it).

Uses the Motion in Joy backend, but without going online.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Kild posted:

It's just better to use the xinput stuff instead of dealing with 'just the backend' of a rootkit.

You are right and I should say my gaming computer isn't hooked up to the net so I didn't have to worry about it (although I would like to know if there is actually anything confirmed going on in the background when using BetterDS3 and not just your guy's not unfounded paranoia).

However,

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Without obviously going online.

The MotionInJoy driver comes from the same people who thought system privileges for a control panel with Internet ads was a good idea. Because of how it's built, this means whatever cryptoware/evidence planters/password skimmers/other garbage is in Internet ads these days (because not even Google does due diligence screening ad submissions before circulating them) ALSO gets system privileges. The implications are obvious and staggering, and I shouldn't have to explain why the driver would be suspect even if you never pulled the front-end off the host that the driver came from.

They can go gently caress themselves and you should be ashamed of yourself for giving them the time of day.

This is just :laffo:

Don't get so bent outta shape over it dude.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
2 things:

1. Timesplitters 2 needs to have MMU enabled in the game settings to work properly, but it isn't enabled by default as of build 9399.

2. Spiderman 2 runs super slow in ogl and has crazy problems in dx11 where random textures are either not being loaded or are being made transparent so you end up seeing through buildings and Spidey is just a pair of glowing eyes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There's no bug report thing on the website as far as I can see, but since there are at least a couple devs who read this I figured the messages would get where they need to go.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Thanks. That page should be more...obvious. Anyways I'm gonna file reports after I can get on my desktop and can get the game IDs and such. Are there any files that are usually wanted? I see there's a thing on the form to upload stuff.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Any tips on what separates low quality reports from high? Submitting bug reports isn't something I do often and I'm about to submit these two, but now I'm worried they're gonna be tossed out for being crap.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Thanks. In that case I think I'll hold off until I can test on an earlier build just in case, and maybe a screenshot of spidey 2 is in order.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Super Mario Galaxy looks so good in HD, it's ridiculous. I actually feel kinda bad for the devs being quite obviously held back by hardware limitations from showing off what they were able to accomplish.

If I were to want to request Dolphin being able to support ds3/4 sixaxis/gyro for emulated wiimote control, would that be best off as a "bug report" on the tracker that can be converted by you guys, or just a thread in the Controller section of the forum?

site fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 3, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So according to my bug report getting silently listed as a duplicate and removed, the spidey 2 being completely broken in dx11 issue has been known for a whole year but no one ever bothered to update the wiki entry for it.

That's been fixed.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I can play bk through project64 with no problems and my system is pretty old. You should probably get a build from emucr though, that's where i ended up finding them after pj went open source.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Honestly i think bk is the only rare 64 game that doesn't have emu problems.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

The Colonel posted:

Are you disregarding Mickey's Speedway USA

Diddy Kong Racing works without any serious issues, too

Oh yeah, I forgot about dkr

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hell I've even seen some new Dreamcast emulators put out and those things hadn't been worked on in like a decade.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Hace posted:

For real? Which emulators?

I see two on emucr: reicast and redream. I haven't tried them though, so I make no claims to their quality.

http://www.emucr.com/search/label/DC?&max-results=12

Y'all should check out emucr. They got daily builds of like everything emu related. Including new builds of n64 plugins, so you might wanna give those a try for bk whoever was asking.

site fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 24, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

dis astranagant posted:

Emucr has a bad habit of not knowing what they're doing when they make those builds so don't expect them to work.

Ah, I see. Well, I haven't had any trouble with project64.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

The Kins posted:

August Progress Report! Triforce support has been removed with the intent of redoing it properly this time, Silent Hill is a ton faster now, a variety of depth issues are fixed, and an incredibly weird behaviour in Twilight Princess gets debugged.

omg can i play spiderman now??? i know where my night is going

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Grats on the milestone guys!

Spiderman 2 field report: seems to work pretty well except for the occasional flashing of some weird psychedelic textures up until the mysterio fight near the beginning of the game. After the final marker for the floating maze thing there's a loading screen that it can't pass no matter what settings I've tried so far. It's getting there!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Has anybody tried playing the gc ocarina of time ports through dolphin? I got a hankering to replay it and I'm not sure whether it's better to play it on project64 or to double emu it through dolphin

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I greatly appreciate the effort it's probably the best emulator out there for anything

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Augus posted:

I have yet to see an HD retexture of an N64 game that actually looked good. It's kinda just trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Has anyone managed to rip the assets from perfect dark hd to use on emu

Cuz i would like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I used that custom build to finally beat both games on 00/Perfect agent

Those games own so hard when you can actually play them at 60fps

• Locked thread