Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Sweet god drat, Tecman, that's practically a thread right there, I hesitate to call that an opening "post". Still incredible, though, and I need to put my preorder down once the ol' monthly bread gets distributed from the company vault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
So, question: is there a mod yet that allows all of your batteries to slowly recharge in sequence? I've picked up DXHR again (still loving it) and this would p. much literally increase my enjoyment of the game tenfold. The way the batteries work is my biggest complaint about the game now.

Also I don't suppose there's a fix for the FMVs stuttering with their sound, is there. :(

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Alain Perdrix posted:

I'm still going non-lethal, but I'm trying not even to use those weapons. As someone who was always more than happy to sperg out over ghosting the original Thief games, that was the first thing I wanted to do. I just ghosted the entire first mission, and it felt great. No one so much as saw me, save for when it was unavoidable (the end, with the cutscene). I didn't lay a finger on anyone, either – all NPCs were conscious and mobile when I reached the end of the mission.

I'm going to see how much of the game I can manage to do in this style, and I'm greatly encouraged by having managed it in that first mission. So awesome.

It is, in theory, possible to Ghost through the entire game save for the boss fights, but there are places where it's real drat hard. If you play through like that you are going to want to max out both your cloak and your batteries as soon as you possibly can, and you'll want to devote as much of your inventory as possible to candy bar thingies of all sizes since those'll basically be your "stealth ammunition". You'll only need to fight in the boss battles, but do pack some heat when you know those are coming up. That said, you can beat the bosses with just what's in the arenas you fight them in, but it can be a pain.

sulphagne posted:

Goons, thank you for hyping this game. I didn't give it a second thought before because I never played the original and I don't know what I was expecting out of Human Revolution, aside from disappointed reviews from fans of the original game. But thanks to this thread I picked it up and oh gosh it may be my pick for GOTY. And I've also got the original game queued up on Steam.

Post like this make me :3: as gently caress.

I do feel the need to say this, though: don't expect Deus Ex 1 to be just like DXHR. It's over a decade old now, and in a lot of ways time has not been kind to it. You'll definitely want to take a look at the DX Decennial Thread for recommended mods and whatnot that help polish the game up a bit (there was a recent graphics conversion mod that makes the game look a TON better, though there's only so much that can be done to the character models at this point). DX1 is still great, but if you aren't used to the conventions of games from a decade ago, it could actually end up being a very frustrating experience. It's not wholly dissimilar to the old Fallout games in that way.

Also, I guess that battery mod isn't A Thing yet, huh. :smith: Hell, can DXHR even be modded yet?

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Oct 6, 2011

• Locked thread