Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
Jesus gently caress Tecman. I was wondering why you had been so quiet in IRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Daddy needs himself a new fleshlight arm.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Having never played a meaningful amount of the first two games, holy hell, this game owns.

I'm at work and can't play any more for 9 hours, playing right before work was a terrible idea.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Right there with ya >_<

I really like how there's a *lot* of story, even just in the tutorial.

I legitimately felt rushed when I was reading the Doctor's e-mails at the very beginning of the game.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Sab669 posted:

Why on earth are you even running your onboard crap if you've already got a dedicated GPU?

It sounds like he has a laptop with the nVidia Optimus technology, which allows the machine to use the intel chipset for basic windows poo poo like word + IE, but if you load up a game it runs off of the high powered nvidia GPU. It does wonders for the battery life.

e. fb

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

Hey brosephs, I don't want to linger in this thread too long for fear of mind-bending spoilers, but I noticed this comes out today. I've never played the original, but I'm a pretty decent RPG fan. I love the poo poo out of Obsidian's games (New Vegas and Alpha Protocol especially), and I like Bioware and Bethesda RPGs rather well (though some of their recent stuff has put me off them a bit). I know this game is a little different, but would I love this?

Normally I would just ask my brother-in-law who buys and plays everything but he's still singing praises for Dragon Age 2 and I'm beginning to suspect he's not a helpful source of info :stare:

Game owns get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Ok, this was just loving convenient as gently caress and fantastic:

First trip to Shanghai:

I got to the fight against the two giant fuckoff robots. Out of EMP grenades, very little stun gun ammo. I manage to sneak up into the rooms with the security terminals. Before I look at the terminal I check if I got a praxis from murdering the gently caress out of all the guards in the prior room. 175 EXP to go. gently caress. Then I see an ebook on the table. Read the ebook, +200EXP, and I just got the praxis I needed to get the dominate robots aug. Hacked the terminal right there and disabled the robots.

Literally saved my bacon via reading.

• Locked thread