Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gyoru posted:

Also Gametrailers has a new preview up:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-hd-deus-ex/717617

Just watched this preview, very exciting stuff! Looks like they were playing the PlayStation 3 version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mister Macys posted:

There's no way I can be disappointed, unless they pull an Alpha Protocol on the combat.

From what i've played of the leak, DX:HR surpasses Alpha Protocol in every aspect. This is the game that AP wishes it was. That game was such a failure, but DX:HR rights all of those wrongs and just does so much right.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crappy Jack posted:

Meanwhile AP is the game that Dragon Age 2 wishes it was, so the circle continues.

They are both games I wish never came out. At least Obsidian is smart enough to just go back to making sequels on other developers popular games, Bioware is unironically making a sequel to DA3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Anatharon posted:

That is the most beautiful OP I have seen. :patriot:

Now, I do have a question. I have a terrible computer. This is making me consider getting DE 3 for Xbox or PS 3 instead, because I'm not entirely sure when I'll be able to replace it. The question is, will Human Revolution be moddable? Has Eidos even commented on it?

I can't think of any other advantage the PC version would have aside from possibly controls, and I'm honestly not even aware of if Deus Ex had much of a modding community. :shobon:

What is your computer specs? DX isn't suppose to be that system demanding.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Anatharon posted:

Instead of explaining to you, I'll just say that it's around 8 years old. :v:

Hahah, fair enough. Get the console version for sure. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Head bobbing is annoying as hell in games, it's exaggerated and doesn't make sense. The human head bobs up and down as they move, yes, but you never actually notice it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Speedball posted:

Could I get a total body prosthesis like in Ghost in the Shell? That way I'd still look like a human but have all the powers of a super android!

It almost seemed that way from looking at what was in the leaked build.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Being able to see through walls, he hehe hehehe. :drool:

Being able to see through cloths!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The robot legs would need to look human for me. And i'll stop there, I don't want to contribute to what is probably going to be a creepy conversation (too late).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tecman posted:

Imagine instead a thread, not derailed with stuff like this and goons not posting about boning cyborgs because they'd be "perfect".

Not even you can stop this thread turning into the Mass Effect 2 thread. It's going to happen. :|

poptart_fairy posted:

gently caress you guys, if getting awesome robo-parts means I simply have to do some extra overtime y'all are whining for nothing. :colbert:

My health insurance would cover it i'm sure!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

randombattle posted:

Man I swear it seems like the devs have spent more time talking about DXHR then making it. The mountain of interviews and videos from them is insane.

They were kinda forced into it since Square-Enix pushed the game back to late August, right in the middle of their huge hype machine for the game made everyone think it was coming out sooner then that. They have to keep talking about the game and keeping people interested so they don't forget it is coming out soon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relin posted:

I've been tainted by the sweet taste of DEALZ now I'll be forced to wait for it to be 50% off on steam

When DX:HR comes out, it'll only be a few more months to go for the winter sale.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

Is anyone else kind of shocked that this day is actually here?

Kinda, yeah. I always assumed that another Deus Ex would never happen after Invisible War did so poorly. When Human Revolution was first announced, I was skeptical at first and its long delays didn't help. Now that we are under a month to go, I am pretty excited to play this. I liked the leaked build quite a bit and I hope the rest of the game is as good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Happy Blue Cow posted:

World's first Deus Ex: Human Revolution review is here "A game that puts almost everything else in the genre to shame," says PC Gamer

94%

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/313559/deus-ex-human-revolution-pc-gamer-review-awards-94/

:woop:

This is way to early for a review and PC Gamer already has credibility issues to begin with. It's a good review score but i'm going to ignore it until more come out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ariagloris posted:

God drat, that is an awesome gif. :staredog:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In other words, DX:HR is going to have a lot of DLC.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

Beats wondering what the hell a moon mission could be like. God drat, I wanna play that. I'd buy DLC for the first one right now!

Yes, I would as well! A moon mission sounds very cool.

If DX:HR turns out really good, I will for sure buy DLC for it. I have no problems doing that at all for games I really enjoy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

You will all buy the DLC on day one, do not deny this. :colbert:

I will not be peer pressured. :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I can see why they are doing that. Selling stolen CD-Keys from other regions of the world, is becoming a huge problem. Usually when you type in a games name in Google, one of the first results is to buy a cheap cd-key from some russian website.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Square-Enix is just trying to protect themselves. They kinda need to, since one game not making a profit will probably literally cause them to go out of business.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dominic White posted:

To put this in perspective, Edge have been running monthly since 1996. In that time, they've given that score to a total of 13 games, so not even at a rate of one-a-year.

A 10 for Deus Ex: HR is about the hugest praise they could possibly give it.

I make it a policy to ignore early and day 1 reviews, but that's a convincing argument to take notice. Not that there is much if any doubt at this point about DX:HR, game is going to be great.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Party Plane Jones posted:

The magazine has awarded a 10/10 score to thirteen games:
Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64) - E35 (1996)
Gran Turismo (Sony PlayStation) - E55 (1997)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64) - E66 (1998)
Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox) - E105 (2001)
Half-Life 2 (Windows PC) - E143 (2004)
Halo 3 (Xbox 360) - E181 (2007)
The Orange Box (Windows PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) - E182 (2007)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) - E183 (2007)
Grand Theft Auto IV (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) - E189 (2008)
LittleBigPlanet (PlayStation 3) - E195 (2008)
Bayonetta (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) - E209 (2009)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) - E215 (2010)
Rock Band 3 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) - E222 (2010)

Some of these I would definitely not agree with.

So they don't give 10s out easily, but they don't exactly give them out to games that truly justify it either. This is why I was mentioning earlier that I don't pay attention to day 1 reviews. The writer can't possibly have played the game enough to give a game an honest review. Plus they have advertisers that they have to please and they get all of their games for free, and both of those things definitely cloud your judgment.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SamBishop posted:

The music alone... My god, the music!

I really want the soundtrack. Been excited for it since the first musical score for DX:HR was released.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Woozy posted:

Same except I want sheet music too. The guy who did the original soundtrack refuses to do sheets for some reason.

Just means he is an ultra pro. :c00l: Sheet music would be pretty great though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

Nice, I'm heading down to the Square Enix building (the publisher building) this week to talk about an awesome contest idea for SomethingAwful and they are going to provide some amazing prizes! I'll have more details later!

You are so awesome AxeManiac. Thanks!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I didn't woof for this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pre-loads historically, seem to happen on the Friday before a release. If they don't, then it probably won't at all. Unlocks almost always happen at 10am pacific on release day.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HyperHopper posted:

This game is truly amazing. However, there was one thing I didnt like.

Awesome Dude, why is the game all You dont need to shoot! you can talk or stealth or hack! but at the end of the leak Barrett is only killable by brute force, so a hacking+social character like me had a bit of trouble taking him out with only a 10mm. Seems to break the whole YOU CAN DO ALL 4 that the game goes for

You missed something. :) But it's not exactly obvious or stands out.

[edit]
Or just do what Cinroth said, who gave it away. I wanted to make you think. :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

To defeat the Barrett, shoot at him until he dies.

I'm still confused.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nooooo, leave Blade Runner alone. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rocketeer Korolev posted:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is now available for pre-load on Steam!

It's 8.4 gigabytes, if you're wondering.

I told people to relax and it would probably come very soon. :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 360 version also apparently has pretty long load times, up to a minute. The PC version, the leak anyways, the load times were near instant.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Y2JMatrix94 posted:

I noticed that from the leaked videos on youtube, but chalked it up to it just being an early version of the game. I can't imagine they'd let that slide.

The devs probably didn't have a lot of choice. Grabbing data from a DVD is slow, a blu-ray is even slower. Developers can try to optimize it as well as possible, but sometimes you can only do so much. There are a lot of very complicated factors involved in how data is transferred around and how quickly it can be done.

A few goons here have the PS3 version, would be interested in hearing more about the load times on that.

If you're curious about console optimization and the state of console hardware currently, this is required watching; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zgYG-_ha28

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

404GoonNotFound posted:

This... doesn't actually seem to do anything. Just opens up Steam like normal to the store frontpage.

That method doesn't always work. This could just be one of the games it doesn't work for.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Portal 2 was a fine game. This year has been pretty great for games so far. It's going to be hard either way to decide a favorite title of 2011.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zorak posted:

Given that ME3, SR3, Skyrim, and Arkham City still sit on the horizon for the year, the end of the year is going to be interesting.

ME3 isnt until March, but the rest are out this year too yeah. Also MAYBE Diablo 3, still up in the air for this year.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dark Souls is going to be really great too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tapatio posted:

I'm putting my money on Diablo III coming out... not this year.

February or March is my guess. Beta isn't until sometime in September and it's to test completely new technology for the online play. So nothing will happen until after it ends, and its lasting 2 months.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Isn't this game being unlocked at 12:00 a.m?

The unlock timer implies that, but that almost never happens. A lot of the time a game will say it's unlocking at midnight but then it switches to 10 a.m. pacific and gives everyone massive blue balls. Remember, Valve time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ingram posted:

My GMG key works in Steam and I'm now downloading it.

It's not suppose to, but yay! Glad it does anyways. :)

• Locked thread