Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Hey, I need some help.

I'm playing through DE:HR on the Xbox, and

I like to play blind, so not knowing otherwise, I chose to 'upgrade' my biochip. I'm now fighting the third boss and am having pretty much an impossible time at it. Is it still possible to beat this guy without my augs? Or am I boned and should just suck it up and start a new game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Aglet56 posted:

I took the biochip just because I wanted to see what would happen. I knew I would get screwed, but I was just curious.

Basically this. I pretty much figured it was more than likely a bad thing, but I thought it would alter the game in a way that would be interesting with maybe a bit more challenging than normal. Not, 'fight this boss with none of the cool toys you have.'

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Xander77 posted:

I happened to get my hands on the Tactical Pack. Is it worth installing, or should I just gift it to someone? I can theorize that the credits don't matter at all, the shotgun appears underpowered and the game doesn't really have a lot of spots for a silenced sniper where the pistol wouldn't do, but I can't really know if the pack is worth it unless I ask people who played with it.

I've used the silenced sniper rifle a lot, especially now that I've completely given up on using the tranq-rifle. But, I prefer to reach out and touch someone to getting up close and personal.

• Locked thread