Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Is this an Atlus thing or an ArcSys thing because I remember the latter getting like this over music uploads in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ChaosArgate posted:

Is this an Atlus thing or an ArcSys thing because I remember the latter getting like this over music uploads in the past.

It's an Atlus thing. They were huge babies about people streaming Persona 5, as well.

AND YET HERE WE ARE WITH THE PERSONA 5 ANIME NOW AIRING, ATLUS. You gonna put a DMCA Takedown on Crunchyroll?

Seriously, the anime is basically an abridged 100% Let's Play, or at least that's how it was for Persona 4.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ban all streaming

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I see both things being an Arcsys thing as this is advertised with the BB name front and center so they know BB fans who play for story mode are coming into this for just that. I wouldn’t be surprised if Atlus asked them about this though as I don’t recall this being a problem with CF aside from the music thing because arcSys has always been anal about music uploads on YouTube and stuff.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Yinlock posted:

sorry for the triple post, managed to beat them all on standard

The edit button is your friend, please don't neglect your friends.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Has Atlus even done this for anything outside the Persona sub series

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't think they did anything for SJR, but the 3DS doesn't really have any robust media sharing options built in.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
They did make a big stink about Persona Q spoilers at least in Japan, so I don’t think the medium of choice is that important.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sega usually bans all streaming of yakuza games and they own atlus :shrug:

In Japan, that is. Allowing Yakuza 0 to be streamed in the west is probably the single biggest reason that series has finally taken off here and so they've wisely continued that policy with the games released since

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

cdyoung posted:

The edit button is your friend, please don't neglect your friends.

He didn’t, he reached social link level 1 and now it’ll die for him

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't understand blocking streaming at all. been playing tales of bersaria recently and I roll my eyes every time I unlock a trophy and the "you can't screenshot that" message pops up

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
when will they realize that no one plays for the story in the persona games anymore

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think that's true

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

when will they realize that no one plays for the story in the persona games anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4BbxV3iJg8

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/P5Lnest/status/1002576198969380864

Happy Birthday Akechi-kun :3:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Akechi spends his birthday alone.

And dead

Seems about right.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1003037936554659840

I guess this happened today.

I let my crunchyroll expire and haven't been motivated to renew it.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
There's a game coming out on the 19th called the Lost Child, out for PS4 and Switch. It looks like a MegaTen game with the numbers filed off. It might be worth a look.

http://nisamerica.com/games/the-lost-child/

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

thetoughestbean posted:

There's a game coming out on the 19th called the Lost Child, out for PS4 and Switch. It looks like a MegaTen game with the numbers filed off. It might be worth a look.

http://nisamerica.com/games/the-lost-child/

Promoting this game in an interview with Famitsu was the last time Kazuma Kaneko was seen in public.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

TurnipFritter posted:

Promoting this game in an interview with Famitsu was the last time Kazuma Kaneko was seen in public.

This makes me super sad especially since he's basically been expunged from his Strange Journey baby.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

wtf I just got to the bit in Strange Journey Redux where I planted the 2nd beacon. When I left the room, I got into a scripted fight which killed my demons, then me. Great, fine. I'm transported elsewhere and meet Demeter, have a chat with her. That finishes and I start wandering around the area, not really noticing that my demons are still dead and I only have 3 HP. Oh and apparently I can encounter demons in here. So I get party wiped. Thanks for throwing me into a scripted fight where I lose and not automatically heal me afterwards, game. (I did the EX Mission earlier involving Yggdrasil, where it did heal you afterwards).

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

irlZaphod posted:

wtf I just got to the bit in Strange Journey Redux where I planted the 2nd beacon. When I left the room, I got into a scripted fight which killed my demons, then me. Great, fine. I'm transported elsewhere and meet Demeter, have a chat with her. That finishes and I start wandering around the area, not really noticing that my demons are still dead and I only have 3 HP. Oh and apparently I can encounter demons in here. So I get party wiped. Thanks for throwing me into a scripted fight where I lose and not automatically heal me afterwards, game. (I did the EX Mission earlier involving Yggdrasil, where it did heal you afterwards).

To be fair, they dump you right next to the exit so you can leave immediately.

I didn't notice either and ended up exploring most of the floor. :v:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Man, Persona 5 has some bumpy bits and but Ryuji’s Persona evolving into The Great Sage Equaling Heaven is pretty effing great as a huge Journey to the West fan.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Strange Quark posted:

To be fair, they dump you right next to the exit so you can leave immediately.

I didn't notice either and ended up exploring most of the floor. :v:
Yeah I saw the doors there, but I was sort of curious (particularly because some forma showed up). I just wasn't really expecting to get random encounters in there for whatever reason, and I definitely would have expected to have been healed.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
that's strange journey for you

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I started Golden this weekend after last playing P4 in 2008, and man, they really added a lot of great stuff to this game. I'm loving all the new activities / social links / events.

Also per the earlier discussion, I take screenshots all the time when gaming, and it still really bums me out that they disabled that in P5. This has probably been run into the ground multiple times here, but If it's a policy to prevent spoilers from leaking, they could at least turn it off after the game's been out for a year!

Randallteal fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 6, 2018

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I could take screenshots in Golden fine when I played it, and thats was like within a month of release.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Ah yeah, meant p5 for the screenshots. :doh:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1004717214702829568?s=21

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

I'm so relieved that somebody in localization finally addressed the titles lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Persona 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eHBLHVHjWg

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Okay, so they're not actually changing Aigis' localized name. Cool.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Vita is Digital Only due to Sony shutting down the production line. Atlus had to have the game ready for retail by the end of the month to do a physical run.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The back half of Strange Journey has been really easy but I now I'm at Mem Aleph and blehhhhhhh

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/Kiyo_pen/status/1005153317956173825

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Arist posted:

Okay, so they're not actually changing Aigis' localized name. Cool.

That's always been the case? She was called Aegis in the JP version of P4A as well. It's just a JP quirk, same as how sometimes the name Ryoma is Ryouma in JP.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It seemed like they changed it to Aegis in BB Cross Tag Battle:

HGH posted:

Actually acknowledged by ArcSys:

Probably mandated from above.
So her name is pronounced like Eejis now right?

Arist fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 9, 2018

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is Aigis/Aegis the new Aerith/Aeris?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Arist posted:

It seemed like they changed it to Aegis in BB Cross Tag Battle:

I wouldn't put too much stock into trailer spelling: this has her name as Aegis even in the NA opening, and on the victory screen, but everywhere else it's still Aigis.

Yeah they could stick with Aegis... but I can't imagine they'd pronounce it differently. Of course, they made a sudden change by referring to the P4 cast by last names, so... I could just be being too hopeful there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's just because they didn't feel like changing it for the English release. In the tweet they say "Aegis going forward" which was really weird and stupid and made it seem like they were going to change it back.