Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Sky Shadowing posted:

While the forums were dead, TR said a thing about the future of the project:

"A Statement of Vision"

TLDR: exactly what they said they were doing that was posted two pages back, but even more in depth, that they're no longer shying away from editing vanilla content to create a more 'immersive' narrative.

Here's one of the more surprising elements:

There are other posts stating that the most extensive changes will probably be to the Great Houses.

It seems kind of premature to make such a sweeping announcement when after what? Ten years? They've still only completed the landscaping of half of what they originally intended, and not finished the quests and interiors for even all of that. Unless I'm very out of touch, which is possible. I do get the impression that Morrowind's modding scene has been experiencing something of a renaissance since the release of Skyrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

It's insane to me that TR is still going strong after all these years. Good on them. Do the releases have any quests for the finished areas?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I really hate cockney elves

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

There's a mod that replaces all of Oblivion's tree textures with jungle ones and some of the architecture with more east asian designs, that actually does a lot for its aesthetic imo

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

One of the magic items in the cave of the failed incarnates is called "soiled pants" and by god i clutched those pants close the whole run cause they let me levitate out of danger at a glacial pace

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

drkeiscool posted:

what no no, they're travel-stained, which is much better than floating around in ancient poopy pants

m8, i dunno what u think those stains are, but...

Fake e; are there mods that let you poo poo and piss? Askinf for a friend

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

i was feeling bored and made a mwse quickloot menu ala fallout 4

https://streamable.com/wlysd

this fkin owns!!

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

somebody please mod BotW style traversal with stamina drain into openmw ty

as I recall daggerfall had something like this actually

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

will mod organizer 2 work with morrowind?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Nice. Just reinstalled and got myself all hooked up with the new Ebonheart release. It loving owns, you guys keep hitting it out of the park

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Agents are GO! posted:

Some screenshots from my current game, Tamriel Rebuilt areas, mostly.

wish this area was finished

Akamora, at sunrise.

i like that film grainy dof you got going on, good pics

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Atrayonis posted:

Well, this went faster than expected and it just cost me another night's sleep.

https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content/tamriel-rebuilt-1912-release

Have fun!

Reinstall initiated

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

perhaps a dumb question, but how do I use MGX with Mod Organizer 2? Should it be run from somewhere within the latter?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Skwirl posted:

Next to the button that you press to run the game there's a button to determine which exe you're actually running, click that to run MGX, I can't remember what I did to get MGX to show up there, though.

thanks, that did the trick. Playing morrowind in 2020 with all the bells and whistles is a trip, almost feels like a luxury indulgence. i find these machine learning textures simultaneously fantastic and kind of uncanny

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Shoutout to meyer briggs, i've been doing a mostly vanilla playthrough with your mods + TR and it's been a blast. Quickloot alone is godlike

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

did morrowind gold ever get reupped somewhere on nexus

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

It's crazy how little I miss radiant AI when I go back to this game. Like, basic day-night schedules for npcs are neat (maybe even possible now with mwse), but heaps of well written conversation dialogue and character more than make up for it

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

I have a big problem with Morrowind: the base game content is too fun. I’ve installed dozens of new questlines and faction expansions over the years but I never get to any of them because, hey, I’ll just return Fargoth’s ring. And I might as well level up around the coastline and get the Mentor’s Ring and do the tax guy quest. And it’s night so I might as well get Fargoth’s stash. Take the silt strider? But Lake Amaya’s so nice this time of year...
Hundreds of hours later, I’m back on the main quest line for the millionth time. I’ve been playing this game for fifteen freaking years!!

This is what happens in every open world beth-style game if i dont precisely plan my character and their 'career' in advance. My personal weakness in MW is the thieves guild, which i do on pretty much every character. Love a faction based out of dive bars

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

FreudianSlippers posted:

Do the Ash Ghouls/Zombies/Slaves have corpus?

I thought they were just sleepers who had lost their humanity and were slowly morphing into horrible monsters as their flesh morphed to match their already warped minds until they became bloated elephant dudes.

Pretty sure that lorewise corprus is what allows that transformation

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

FlocksOfMice posted:

Yeah there's no way I can match MelchiorDahrk's Umbra mod so he's being left completely alone.

Under Meyers-Briggs Testicle's advice I've taken out all the Tribunal-esque buff-abilities and focused on making enemies more individualized and unique instead, with enchantments and spell-lists that are relevant to their identity (Molag Bal cultists getting Paralyze and Daedroth combos, Malacath cultists getting curses). Instead of lolsuperbuffs I'm aiming more to give enemies fights that are better than "Cast Burden 3 times then die" or "Hit you with Iron Sword."

I also went kind of insane over the weekend and started tweaking nearly every Daedric shrine inhabitant in Vvardenfell. I'm going to have modular versions of this so there'll be an .esp that just touches boss fights (artifact owners, faction quest bosses), too. But, there will be a version to make Daedric Shrines and Dunmer Strongholds--places that are singular, highly visible landmarks that people warn you to be wary of--into more challenging, exciting mid-level content. (6th House strongholds are left alone since the 6th House Rebalance is the gold standard that inspired this mod anyway)

I've given nearly every Daedric shrine inhabitant either a custom spell-list reflecting the nature of their god, or a weapon with a minor enchantment reflecting same. Few weirdly underleveled cultists have been brought up to mid-level. Some of the weaker cultists got vanilla enchanted weapons, or at least an offensive scroll. None of it is especially overpowered, and the powerful stuff's been limited by harsh Charge/Cost ratios. I'm aiming for "unique, memorable" over "argh super hard mode kaizo edit."

I have a Malacath knight whose sword lays a long-lasting all-Attribute Drain curse on the target in the first hit, then needs a long-rear end time or a bunch of soulgems to recharge. A Mehrunes Dagon knight has a Steel Axe that does 1 damage per hit, but with an enchantment that deals 20 damage (Steel Axe's default max) to everything within 10 feet to represent it striking with a thousand blades of destruction. Cultists near Telvanni hotspots have stolen Telvanni-enchanted weapons. One cultist near Holamayan has a stolen sword with an Azura theme to it. A cultist in Vivec has a smattering of damaged, stolen Ordinator armor. Little things to take into account their location and identity, to make individual shrines feel less same-y and forgettable.

You will not believe how many Malacath orcs Bethesda forgot to give weapons to. I cannot believe how many enemy mages had no actual combat spells whatsoever. Part of it is just fixing stuff like that.

I'm going to split it into modules, though, for people who don't want all the stuff. I'm up to 194 NPCs edited, 80 unique enchantments created, and 115 new NPC-only spells, to create variety, faction identity, and proper challenge.

because seriously half the spellcasters ive worked on have had weakness to X element and no X element damage spells smdh

this is awesome

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Alikchi posted:

It's the best day of the every couple years!

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

these are amazing ty

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Node posted:

Tamriel Rebuilt is the most important human endeavor in our short history here on earth.

thats right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

FreudianSlippers posted:

I've played enough old FPS games to spontaneously mash quick save before every corner.

Yeah it was half-life for child-me that really drilled it in