Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
Multiprocess is still poo poo anyway, it's just a frontend + backend. Woop. Where's the process-per-tab backend so misbehaving tabs don't screw everything else up? So you can see per-tab resource consumption? So you can do ANYTHING USEFUL other than "threading just to gently caress up extensions for no real gain"

Goddamnit firefox, you're going to cause so many security problems because everyone's going to get hosed by the 55 ratchet and stay there because 57 is a dumpster full of gas and cardboard just waiting for a match.

Can't wait for the people posting :smug: in here about 56 vulnerabilities biting everyone in the rear end, telling them they should have used 52 ESR and reconstructed their profile by hand.

Harik fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jul 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Avenging Dentist posted:

Firefox 54+ already has multiple content processes. Also I'm not sure what - if anything - you mean by "frontend + backend", since that's not how the processes are separated in Firefox. There's a chrome (parent) process, and currently 4 content (child) processes.

about :performance

Frontend takes the user input, backend renders. Same way of describing the situation. I'm somehow still on 53 apparently, with a single Web Content process. Guess the update didn't take for some reason, I'll DL it manually.

E: Firefox 54.0 still has a single content process.

Harik fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 4, 2017

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Geemer posted:

I sure love seeing the message THIS TAB JUST CRASHED DO YOU WANT TO SEND A CRASH REPORT and then also seeing it in literally every other tab in every window I have open. :thumbsup:
I guess it's technically better than the whole process folding and having to restore the windows?

It's funny, I get that all the time on Chrome but FF has been stable ever since they isolated the oldschool plugins. When crashing is easy developers tend to treat it as not-an-issue. I guess that's the ~~~glorious vision~~~ of ff now too?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Decius posted:

Vivaldi honestly seems the best replacement for FF once the apocalypse hits. It has a tons of things that are addons in FF (like Vertical Tabs) backed in and can use Chrome addons. It seems to be built by people who grew up with Opera and old-school Firefox instead of Chrome, since it incooperates a lot of UI things from both. If SALR would have the loving "jump to the last unread post" functionality in Chrome I'd probably would use it instead of FF already.

Vivaldi had a hideously nonstandard interpretation of Javascript as recently as this fall. I gave up trying to make my stuff work with it when they worked on IE10+, Edge, Chrome, Safari and Firefox. Hopefully they're more compliant now.

Harik fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jul 7, 2017

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
During a coding crunch I end up with approximately a bajillion tabs open only because of "switch to tab" is so useful - type any part of the keyword and it instantly jumps you back to the one you were looking at. When I'm done for the day I just mass-close them all.

I use them as short-lived bookmarks of my current thought process. It's mostly API reference for whatever libraries I'm currently using, and some higher-level syntax because I bounce between 4-5 languages constantly and I can't keep it all in my head.

There must be a better way to do it - any suggestions?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Geemer posted:

I was talking about when it was first introduced. But that's obviously irrelevant nowadays.

So let's talk about current issues: Firefox 55.0.1 hosed up my certs database, causing it to randomly stop loading pages on TLS handshakes. I had to delete the certs database file to fix it, and then do it again for 55.0.2, so that was cool.
Really made you notice how much stuff is loaded from external sources that use https.

Hopefully that was just 55.0.1 loving up the database, and anyone who didn't get .1 didn't have the problem with .2.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Geemer posted:

Well, I have some bad news for you then. At least it's a lot less frequent now. :smithicide:

Oh Mozilla. :allears:

Harik posted:

During a coding crunch I end up with approximately a bajillion tabs open only because of "switch to tab" is so useful - type any part of the keyword and it instantly jumps you back to the one you were looking at. When I'm done for the day I just mass-close them all.

I use them as short-lived bookmarks of my current thought process. It's mostly API reference for whatever libraries I'm currently using, and some higher-level syntax because I bounce between 4-5 languages constantly and I can't keep it all in my head.

There must be a better way to do it - any suggestions?

Running out of time on this one - tabgroups keep 200 tabs open at once managable until I close the entire group, but that's going to be gone for an indefinite amount of time when the webexpocalypse happens.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

mike12345 posted:

I'm not sure are you asking for a technological fix or a change in your behaviour?

"yes".

Trying to find a better way to handle what are basically short-term bookmarks.

Ola posted:

No, gently caress it, blast open a million tabs, never apologize. It's like having a few books open on your desk or different sections of the paper. Make a mess and then clear it away.

I don't get this thing that you have to manage your tabs, as if the ideal browser state is your top six always open plus a careful little holiday browsing in a temporary one. I scroll down a news front page, open articles I want to read in seven new tabs, then forget about them for an hour or so. Now, the longest I can concentrate on any given task, work or play, is around 45 seconds, a minute tops if under a serious deadline. But I feel SO ALIIIIIVE

You start out somewhat serious but end up sarcastic. Bookmarking physical reference material has always been super common and not at all ADD - saves you from having to keep looking the same things up over and over. You just can't hold that much in your head all at once, so leave it to the paper/computer and get it as needed.

The workflow that I'm trying to approach is to be able to snip just the thing I care about out of the webpage (generally argument order for an API or a data structure) and put it on one mega-reference page that I can just search through. It just sucks to paste formatting when everything is in CSS, so it ends up a jumbled mess that it takes too long to clean up to make it worth doing.

So I end up with tabs full of things like std::map::emplace and AsyncHTTP in java and python lambda syntax and datasheets for 2-3 embedded parts and 4 board schematics. Unlike news/social media, none of that is clamoring for your attention, it's passively waiting for you to need it again.

Being a full-stack Internet of poo poo dev sucks when you have to keep every piece of it in your head at once all the time.

Harik fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 18, 2017

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
Has there been any progress on unfucking the security clusterfuck when they went to webex? To wit: Pre webex, you could tie directly into the FF login identification and pull from your own database instead. This blocked a lot of javascript injection attacks against various chrome hackarounds that never had this low-level access.

More importantly, you could also save new passwords to your manager directly from FF, which was a godsend. Create a random password that you never even see, it auto-pastes to the confirmation, and done.

I'm back to using a generic 'random web forum' password 12345 because it's way the gently caress too much effort to tab over to keepass, create a new password, try to figure out what URL the lovely forum is using to login, saving, then pasting it back into FF.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Nalin posted:

Just use Kee with Keepass. You fill the URL entry with 'somethingawful.com' and it doesn't care if you are on 'login.somethingawful.com' or 'forums.somethingawful.com' or whatever. It will auto-fill your login field without any worry.

That works, but man is it fragile on linux. Matched set of mono + keeRPC version + keepass2 and hope nothing breaks the balance.

Not a huge fan of how cumbersome 'generate a password for this site' is though, it should be a one-step and it's still back&forth.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
From like a month ago, but RE: firefox making windows wake back up

I think it's due to the video-playback disabling autosleep so it doesn't shutdown 10 minutes into a 30-minute youtube video.

That's been my experience anyway, it's either gotten confused about the state when I closed a tab that was playing, or there's some lovely autoplay video on a garbage website that's demanding your machine stay awake for it.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

apropos man posted:

drat. You'd think that auto-culling the history would be opt-in via a warning popup when your history stars becoming huge.

This is the same software philosophy that pops up a big "Hey, would you like to wipe literally everything out of this browser that you ever wanted, irrevocably?" when it feels like it.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

orcane posted:

Have you followed Mozilla/Firefox over the last, what, three+ years?
I'm going to assume that Torbrowser will hard-fork at that point, because there's zero point in using a privacy-based browser if you can't block ads dumping unmasking malware on you constantly.

The guy on reddit is also a supreme idiot: Yes, let's block uBO from being able to do anything so that more credential-stealing javascript gets run on the main context. This is a good engineering tradeoff to make and also I appear to have eaten nothing but lead paint my entire life.

Also, let me tell you exactly how much fun that cookie-forgetting bug was when you deal with websites that require devices be confirmed by someone who isn't me just trying to login and get my work done.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
What in firefox keeps the display awake?

Under linux, running "xset dpms force standby" causes the screen to instantly come back on if firefox is running, and it never actually blanks when I leave it idle. Kill firefox, my monitor sleeps like it's supposed to.

It's probably some autoplay video pending focus but gently caress me if I'm going to janitor my tabs to find the one keeping it awake when i would rather firefox lost the ability to gently caress with my screen entirely.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

astral posted:

How many tabs do you have open?

Enough that I'm not sitting around and counting them. Less than earlier because I finished one thing I was working on and nuked the entire tab-tree at once.

Somewhere north of 150 I think. I keep trying to use bookmarks instead but that requires so much more janitoring then open tabs, use the address bar to jump to the one you want, close when done.

E: And something I closed was doing it, I can sleep the display again with firefox open. It's infuriating.

Harik fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 11, 2019

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

astral posted:

Ahh. Do you use the bookmarks toolbar? If not, you might give it a try - it adds some convenience for things like that. You can make folders there too. You can also limit a search to bookmarks only by putting an * before your search, e.g.
code:
* coolprojectidea

That's what I mean about janitoring: When I'm done I have to go remove the bookmarks again instead of closing an entire tab-tree. I keep bookmarks of the stuff I reference all the time, but tabs are short-lived. Thanks for the asterisk hint though, I didn't know that shortcut.

The bookmarks toolbar has stuff I use constantly on it. cyberchef, landing pages for python, STL, atmel and nordic documentation, etc.

Anyway, it's not really the topic: how do I prevent websites from keeping my monitor on?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Klyith posted:

Janitor your tabs. The most likely suspects are video players so you could start with all the tabs for youtube and similar sites.

If you were on widows you could use powercfg /requestsoverride to prevent firefox itself from blocking power changes, but apparently linux has no equivalent to that. So it seems like you're boned.

Actually it does:
code:
$ systemd-inhibit
WHO                 UID USER  PID  COMM            WHAT                         
Libvirt             0   root  3192 libvirtd        shutdown                     
ModemManager        0   root  2540 ModemManager    sleep                        
slack               574 harik 4927 slack           sleep                        
xfce4-power-manager 574 harik 4802 xfce4-power-man handle-power-key:handle-suspe

4 inhibitors listed.
There's another one on dbus for screensaver as well.

So I need to wait for it to break me again and find out which it's taking, then I can find it in the source. Not a rabbithole I wanted to go down but oh well.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
hope that's the logo they go with and not the burning globe with no fox one.

The netflix 1080p plugin from a few days back got completely nuked, no trace remaining but some dead links to the same URL. Anyone know if the author has a site?

And the thing I came here for before catching up, is there something that unfucks twitter's multi-image-tweets so you can download the images? There's some wacky multi-layer-div with a javascript image injection so FF sees no media to download.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Mr.Radar posted:

Sigh, there's another security update. Be sure you upgrade to 67.0.4 or 60.7.2. :siren: This one appears to be more fixes related to that zero-day vulnerability from earlier this week.

The bug reports are still embargoed for a while longer, anyone know when the 68 beta was patched?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Geemer posted:

They pop up a notification saying there's an update with buttons to download/ignore it. The alternative is that it automatically installs updates. What more do you want?

There's always some dumbshit they want you to update for, like changing the logo. That's different from "holy poo poo there's zero-days going around right now update this instant"

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

fishmech posted:

It's amazing that you really believe any of the 6-week releases contain nothing beyond logo updates.

It's amazing that america's smartest boy managed to accomplish that reading of what I said. A++ work there.

E: Since apparently you need the obvious spelled out for you, there's a difference between fixing a zero-day and improving CSS rendering performance.

Harik fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 21, 2019

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

fishmech posted:

That would be relevant to some other browser.
Firefox's major version releases are constantly fixing security issues though, with the minor releases always being either a fix for major stability/functionality issues or a fix for an urgent security issue - which means there's no reason skip them. Quit being a spoiled child.

quote:

Version 67.0.1, first offered to Release channel users on June 4, 2019

With this update, Firefox will now guide our users through a path to Join Firefox which will allow you to maximize the benefits from our family of respectful tech products.

In this version, Firefox helps you get better acquainted with our family of products and services through a new experience that includes a set of web pages and in-browser notifications.
You heard it here folks, the critical security flaw of not being advertised to enough. Stop being spoiled children and put those eyeballs to work!

Other notable features in this point release for security:

quote:

With this release, a number of our products and services are expanding their capabilities. Coupled with our browser, and with a Firefox account, they extend your online privacy and security and increase convenience, giving you peace of mind.

Integrates:
Firefox Container
Firefox Lockwise
Firefox Monitor 2.0
Firefox Send
And the only worthwhile reason to update, subsuming a privacy extension into the core browser. Great if you don't have blockers, pointless if you do.

I didn't go cherry-pick, that's the point release right before the pair of security fixes when the first wasn't enough.

E: I was off by one. 67.0.2 didn't have any security fixes either though, just some usability tweaks for edge cases.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
Mozilla can get hosed pushing their own built-in password manager after they locked everyone else out of the APIs to tie into the browser password store. That's the reason password managers are so janky now, they're all trying increasingly desperate workarounds as the browsers keep locking down more and more of the extensions API.

It's the direct cause of lastpass getting owned repeatedly, for example.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

D. Ebdrup posted:

I think you might be mixing up a few things here: XUL got deprecated which took a lot of extensions with it in favour of the WebExtensions API - but there has since been at least one add-on made for KeePassXC for example, and Mozilla are in the process of extending WebExtensions to provide the same functionality as XUL did while still retaining the sandboxing,
I could have sworn nsILoginManagerStorage was nuked before the XULpocalypse in '57 but that looks like when everything went to hell.

astral posted:

The direct cause of the Lastpass extension being owned repeatedly was that their developers seemingly did not keep security in mind when designing and writing it.

Not to mention they were bad at regex, which to a certain extent is normally understandable but not for something that 100% needs to be secure.
... which is because they had to do dumb API tricks and try to interpret HTML+JS logins instead of having a sane integration path.

See also this 18-year-old bug closed "WONTFIX because gently caress apple".

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/03/20/nine-years-on-firefoxs-master-password-is-still-insecure/

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Wheany posted:

Alternative question: Is there a way to make Firefox to just loving save the image it is showing on the screen because it has already downloaded it and not download it again?
It should be in cache, if you have to download it again the site is breaking cache somehow.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Coxswain Balls posted:

Cool, the PiP feature seems to correct old 4:3 videos on YouTube that are the wrong aspect ratio and are all stretched out. I always thought it was a source problem but I guess the YouTube player just sucks with older uploads and defaults to stretching stuff for some reason.

The youtube player is weird in general. I get audio aliasing artifacts (the scratchy sound that those cheap-rear end recorded greeting cards make) when I play via the web, but youtubedl + mpv the audio sounds normal. I'm trying to figure out how to intercept the audio path to do a byte-for-byte capture for analysis but every time I try I end up with a recording that plays back perfectly.

most bizarre bug I've seen.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Desuwa posted:

I've had that happen when the youtube player was somehow set to play over 100% volume, try checking what the volume is and resetting it.

That's a good call but I'd already checked all the stages for something over-volume with no luck.

I suspect it's a frequency mismatch somewhere along the line, converting 48/44.1 without doing the proper filtering will result in aliasing. That would explain why mpv or vlc playing the downloaded file works correctly, since it's not incompetently coded.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
oddball one: I go to c-spam all the time. It's in my history, I have it bookmarked, I have the bookmark tagged with the keyword "c-spam". If I type it in and hit enter FF takes me to google which suggests c-span.

Is there a way to force it to prioritize bookmark keywords & history over that sweet sweet revenue sharing deal that no longer exists?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

astral posted:

If you type a * first it'll prioritize bookmarks

That's a good workaround, thanks. The behavior is utterly braindead though - it sees it, shows up #2 in the dropdown so it already knows that it's exactly what I want but forces a web search anyway.

E: Nope. *c-spam just google searches for *c-span.

I've got it in tags and keywords and the title and history but firefox really REALLY wants to get a referral payment instead.

Harik fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 9, 2019

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Avenging Dentist posted:

Assuming I'm understanding what you want, toggle keyword.enabled.

It is enabled. The default choice no matter what I do is google search and it's hideously obnoxious when #2 is what I actually want. It's just stupendously obnoxious that I can't keyword<ENTER> but I have to look at the suggestions, make sure what I want is really the first/second entry, select it then go.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
No, it's not a search suggestion, it's suggesting that I search the web. I tried enabling them and putting search suggestions after but that just sends every keystroke to google and puts the suggestions after history/bookmarks.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Klyith posted:

Do you actually have 'c-spam' in keywords in the bookmark manager, or tags?
Yes. Both.

Flipperwaldt posted:

I don't know if the usercss tweaks here apply to your problem. It definitely sounds like something that would have annoyed me to no end of it happened to me.

e. fixed link
This looks promising but nothing changed. I've got userChrome.css enabled and working because I use it for nuking the tabs toolbar in favor of tree-style-tabs. What exactly was that supposed to be doing? I moved action=searchengine to the end of the list but it didn't move.

e2: this is killing me because my workflow is alt-d sitename enter, and that works on everything but subforums. As long as it's the hostname firefox gives that priority, so typing f-o-r autocompletes to forums.somethingawful.com, etc. I can't make it give bookmarks the same boost over the suggestion to search the web for it.

Harik fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 9, 2019

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Klyith posted:

try browser.search.suggest.enabled to false?

also wtf the about :config page sucks now, you used to be able to filter everything that was set to non-defaults. now you have to scrolls through the whole dang list.

That's search suggestions - I.E. sending each keystroke to google. It's already off and you can access it in the prefs UI.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Klyith posted:

I think you should start looking through your about :config for stuff that might be interfering, because I use bookmarks with keywords and it works exactly like you want. The keyword is always at the top of the suggestions & is the default when I hit enter.

The only non-defaults I have that I can find of possible relevance are:
browser.search.update - false
browser.search.suggest.enabled - false
browser.urlbar.timesBeforeHidingSuggestionsHint - 0

All of the settings Flipperwaldt just posted are default for me.

edit: another possible thing: preferences -> privacy & security -> address bar -> When using the address bar, suggest Bookmarks
The edit wasn't it, either.

The important bit is that you made it work, so I'll make a fresh profile, change those three non-defaults of yours and see if it works. After that it's just a matter of comparing settings. Thanks.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
Has anyone else noticed an uptick in crashes since the "crashcache the world" update? It's been a few releases now and I'm still having random crashes once a week or so. Before the CtW update I can't remember the last time the browser crashed.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Quackles posted:

Pretty much. They may be some of the most obstinate and bullheaded devs I've ever had the chance to meet, but they're not Google. And the existence of a browser image that shares no roots with Chrome/Webkit keeps web devs honest.

They desperately want to be google though, which is why they ape every terrible decision google makes with chrome so stubbornly.

When google announced manifest v3 mozilla thought it was a great idea that they should copy and people had to keep hitting them on the nose with a rolled up newspaper before they understood that it was in fact bad.

Sucks that you can't search the internet anymore because I can't find my favorite hosed-up firefox dev quote about how they can remove flash now that google isn't using it to serve ads anymore. Just a galaxy-brain understanding of who uses firefox and why.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The only image extension I use now is Rotate and Zoom Image.

And solely because of the newspaper comic thread where you read the solution to puzzles by turning the image upside down.

That sounds super useful but sadly it doesn't work on ff for linux and has been abandoned so it probably never will.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

orcane posted:

I wish "sucks that you can't search the internet anymore" was a joke but even if I know entire quotes from an article, Google won't find it these days. What the hell :suicide:

welcome to the golden age of ai. It's worse than homebrew website keyword searches that just 'or' everything together. Completely unrelated to what you asked even if you "" or + everything. Bing and Yandex are just as bad, but I didn't use them much before so I don't know if they were always this bad.

Ruflux posted:

Removing Flash was doing a service to humanity and if you disagree you clearly live on some alternate Earth where it wasn't a pile of poo poo that should never have propagated.

You can miss flash content without missing flash security bugs. So much creative poo poo done with flash that we're barely getting back to years later with webasm. I still keep the standalone player around for things ruffle can't emulate.

You also missed the point: despite it being a massive security problem mozilla kept flash around so google could serve ads with it. That's the level of brain damage we're dealing with.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Klyith posted:

Uh, not really? They didn't say anything for several months, then their first official communication was that they were gonna implement most manifest V3 changes, but keep existing API calls that Google was going to get rid of (ie content blocking and background workers).

Manifest V3 is not all bad, the better permissions and securing against remote code are both good. IMO they've handled the V3 stuff very smartly. Keeping both compatibility with Chrome and additional API features that mean some extensions will be better on Firefox (or Firefox-only like Ublock will probably be) is literal best of both worlds.
Yes, the first official communication, which was nearly a year after google announced V3. Remember they'd just burned down their entire addon ecosystem transitioning to multiprocess with the attitude of "gently caress you, deal with it" in... 2017? The attitude toward extensions then was somewhere between indifference and active hostility. When 2018 rolled around and google announced that the ad company with a near-monopoly on browsers was going to ban adblockers the initial internal response from mozilla was 'sounds good, we'll do that too'. There was a lot of nose-batting happening at the unofficial plans that forced them to begrudgingly make the correct choice.

quote:

You are super misremembering something. Google was in the lead on getting rid of flash. And firefox never integrated flash in the first place, it was always a plugin. You could keep using flash in Firefox for longer than Chrome.

Nah, I'm not. Firefox kept flash in as long as it did because google had a business case for it (getting paid to serve malware). No other concerns (the existence of newgrounds, ytmnd etc) mattered. only ads. Sadly google no longer has any business except ads or we could use their search engine to find the original posts from mozilla engineers during the flash phaseout.

And while technically firefox didn't remove flash support before chrome, adobe quit supporting NPAPI before PPAPI so you had to use the chrome version and a wrapper for years adobe themselves hit the kill switch.

e: it was always a plugin on chrome too, just one they shipped with. You could update it independently from chrome.

Harik fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
One correction: It wasn't flash support that they were keeping alive for the sake of google ads, it was project Shumway, the javascript-based flash player. It was created explicitly for the purpose of playing google's ads without needing to install the plugin. When google discontinued flash-based ads they killed it off. Because the Internet is only for Ads.