Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008
Between the wipes and soap dispenser, I would say a recently remodeled office kitchenette.

They probably said "we want a little sink here" and they got that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Youth Decay posted:

This was built by an alien who had clearly never seen human habitation before

The video tour in the ad is a strange surrealist journey through a vaguely house-like object

I weirdly like this house. And if I saw a room like this in it, it would improve things.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Shut up Meg posted:

I did some detectiving and it seems to have been an architect/builder designer or possibly a network installer that worked from home before going bust.

Lan Constructions Group Ltd
Classification:
Construction of commercial buildings
Site preparation
Other building completion and finishing

Maybe it was a model home for a development and that was the demo home? Maybe they had models/appliances to show off for things for the new development?

It still seems weird, the only plugs I recognize are the upside-down T that are the UK type G 220v plugs.

My other thought was something like an aquarium enthusiast. But even that seems excessive.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Shut up Meg posted:

Why are there lights at knee height?
Why are there sockets at ceiling height?
Why are there double sockets at ground level, then a second, single socket a couple of feet above them?

If it were display cases, then the sockets should be at ground level. Likewise most machines/equipment.

All I can think of are wall-mounted screens and even then, the position makes no sense.

Wall mounted screens at eye-level, lower sockets for the display cases? Lights so the displays don't need their own lights?

The lower sockets are mounted at about the height I'd expect (I used to live in Kenya where they use the same plugs and that'd be about the standard height they were installed at)

Or maybe it was a mob hospital.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Enos Cabell posted:

Finish work seems well done if not to my taste, so it's possible the stuff inside the walls isn't a nightmare. It would make for a great week long rental on airbnb, but that's probably my limit.

That's what I would assume the place is/will be. Townsend is near the Great Smoky Mountains, and near Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge and Dollywood, not far from Knoxville. Lots of vacation rentals in that area.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Enjoy

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I know these words but I have no idea what this could mean?

Maybe to stick a piece of angle iron in front of the opening, in case something rolls forward? I feel like a grate would work just as well.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

It’s better than a cookie cutter house.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008
So they're just going to build a wall with no way for things like wildlife to get by, or anywhere for dirt and sand to go other than to pile up beside it?

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

St_Ides
May 19, 2008
It's the beer tap above the toilet that worries me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Bad Munki posted:

That sounds rad and now I’m shopping.

Post it if you find one