Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

nomapple posted:

Skeletonwitch rule live. I'm still not that familiar with the material but they're bound to put on a good show, with a lively atmosphere.

This is true. I am not a fan of their studio output, but their live performances are always pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Awesome, these guys are loving great.

nomapple posted:

Skeletonwitch rule live. I'm still not that familiar with the material but they're bound to put on a good show, with a lively atmosphere.

Good to hear, gonna catch them in November with Havok.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Definitely check out Skeletonwitch live if you get the chance. They put on a great show.

That Bound by Entrails album is pretty kick rear end, but did anyone else notice that the whole middle section of track 2 is almost identical to the middle of Emperor's Curse You All Men?

Edit: Also, assuming Michael Wilton isn't totally full of poo poo, sounds like Geoff Tate could use a good rear end kicking.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.as...t=Google+Reader

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 11, 2012

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Great Horny Toads! posted:

Anvil and Skeletonwitch shows coming up in my berg. What am I in for?

DO NOT miss Mutilation Rites & Early Graves on that bill. Unless your're a pussy that likes Folk metal or some poo poo then ignore this post.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
New Wintersun trailer... doesn't show much more than we've heard but hey it's cool nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnUxQrw0ToM

RHTITE
Dec 26, 2008
I remember a time when Absu weren't a generic, boring, self aware speed metal band and made music that was more than worthwhile to listen to. Just because it's omgabsu doesn't mean its ok to play the same bad poo poo over and over for like 3 straight albums.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Yeah they're becoming a one trick pony, but I really really like that trick.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

RHTITE posted:

I remember a time when Absu weren't a generic, boring, self aware speed metal band and made music that was more than worthwhile to listen to. Just because it's omgabsu doesn't mean its ok to play the same bad poo poo over and over for like 3 straight albums.

I got really mad at this post but then I realized it's because it's true. Absu was a fantastic album with a lot of memorable stuff, but it's no Tara. And I've all but forgotten about Abzu.

What a shame.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
So this just showed up in my e-mail:

Why is Broken Hope reuniting?

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.
I know including Queensryche in here is questionable at best, but this was an incredible read: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176587

I think this is without question the most hosed up band static ever and Geoff Tate's made Axl Rose seem accommodating and rational...

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol

Morbid Florist posted:

I know including Queensryche in here is questionable at best, but this was an incredible read: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176587

I think this is without question the most hosed up band static ever and Geoff Tate's made Axl Rose seem accommodating and rational...

Read the whole drat thing, spitting on and punching your bandmates is insane.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Morbid Florist posted:

quote:

A co-headline with the band DREAM THEATER was another great concept, but due to a mudslinging press war between Geoff Tate and with the drummer of that band, it ended up being an uncomfortable and trying time for us as a united group.

I laughed.

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17
Two VICE writers go to a metal show and write a fairly annoying article about it. http://www.vice.com/read/two-vice-writers-walk-into-a-metal-show

Cat Planet
Jun 26, 2010

:420: :catdrugs: :420:

Vice, literally the second line posted:

Music made almost exclusively for straight white males by other straight white males

Yes everything is instantly better if you shoehorn progressivism into it somehow

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

EvilMoJoJoJo posted:

Two VICE writers go to a metal show and write a fairly annoying article about it. http://www.vice.com/read/two-vice-writers-walk-into-a-metal-show

Writer #1: Mentions that he lives in Williamsburg, writes a bunch of ironic drivel, talks about the band's appearances but hardly mentions their music. Wrote a big introduction about what death metal is and means, but doesn't say anything about what he heard at the show.

Writer #2: Too drunk to remember anyone after the opener, but thinks it was cool. Writing as much about your cup of tequila as the headliners and talking about how drunk you were makes you sound like a high schooler. Come on, you blacked out during the first notable band's soundcheck, are you fifteen?

Is Vice a reputable publication or a hipster trolling site?

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

IRQ posted:

I laughed.

Portnoy had a headline up saying the queensryche drama made his dream theater problems seem tame and that's what made me seek out the long version :)

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17

Therion posted:

Yes everything is instantly better if you shoehorn progressivism into it somehow

Hey I'm like little miss anti-oppression, and even I think that line is... misguided.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

QPZIL posted:

I got really mad at this post but then I realized it's because it's true. Absu was a fantastic album with a lot of memorable stuff, but it's no Tara. And I've all but forgotten about Abzu.

What a shame.
Tara was itself no Sun of Tiphareth, not by a long shot.

Great Horny Toads!
Apr 25, 2012
Maybe the world is ready for gay metal. Blackened, thrashened, human being grindcore. Putrid Gaynus opening for headliners Goatsemen, who are touring in support of their new album, Immaculate Defecation of Christ.
(Yes, human being grindcore. Since when are metalheads politically correct?)

e: VVV Yeah, but Goatsemen is different. Can be taken to mean "Goatse Men" or "Goat Semen". Also, art is subjective, so calling me an unfunny piece of poo poo means absolutely nothing to anyone but you. gently caress, you're as bad the AblooBloo Misogyny Crew, for fucks sake. Go drink a cumvase.

e2: Post came from VICE article thing about metal being a white, straight dudes only affair.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Goat Semen actually does exist and loving rules you unfunny piece of poo poo

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Where did that post even come from?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Misogynist posted:

Tara was itself no Sun of Tiphareth, not by a long shot.

they were never really that special, mostly because proscriptor is completely up his own rear end.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Zodijackylite posted:

The quality varies wildly.

The same website is responsible for that rather good documentary on black metal the infamous ".............. Satan." clip is from.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Turk February posted:

I loving love Broken Hope! Awesome!

IRQ posted:

The quality varies wildly.

The same website is responsible for that rather good documentary on black metal the infamous ".............. Satan." clip is from.

They also have some cool videos where they go into North Korea and Liberia and poo poo... the Vice TV guys are loving maniacs but the writers for the site are mediocre at best.

Defleshed fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 12, 2012

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Defleshed posted:

They also have some cool videos where they go into North Korea and Liberia and poo poo... the Vice TV guys are loving maniacs but the writers for the site are mediocre at best.

And a good one of that pacific garbage patch thing. And some seriously scarey poo poo of some remote Pakistani town that just makes knockoff guns.

It's a shame the writing isn't nearly as good.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

MrBling posted:

they were never really that special, mostly because proscriptor is completely up his own rear end.
Mrrow?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Morbid Florist posted:

Haha, holy poo poo Geoff Tate is a loving madman. I'd love to go see Queensryche now just to support those dudes. Maybe their new album can actually be better than their last two, which could be the two worst albums I've ever heard. At least I know I wouldn't have to sit through any tracks from those poo poo shows.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Weaponized Cum posted:

Goat Semen actually does exist and loving rules you unfunny piece of poo poo

I missed the post before this and looked left first instead of up and it was awesome. :smug::hf::black101:

Are the related Peruvian bands like INRI and Recrucify worth checking out? There's a lot of Sarcofago worship in South America so it's hard to sort through all of it.

Zodijackylite fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 12, 2012

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Zodijackylite posted:

I missed the post before this and looked left first instead of up and it was awesome. :smug::hf::black101:

Are the related Peruvian bands like INRI and Recrucify worth checking out? There's a lot of Sarcofago worship in South America so it's hard to sort through all of it.

Yeah also Anal Vomit, Mortem (gods), Narkan, Ch'aska... there's a pretty solid scene down there.

Great Horny Toads!
Apr 25, 2012

"Vektor via Facebook posted:

ALRIGHT, YOU SPACE MAGGOTS!!! Here's what our upcoming plague of a tour is looking like. Anything to be announced will be worked out very shortly.

8/10 – Philadelphia, PA @ Kung Fu Necktie w/Rumpltestilskin Grinder, Hessian
8/11 – TBA
8/12 – Brooklyn, NYC, NY @ Saint Vitus Bar
8/13 – Burlington, VT @ Nectars w/Vaporizer
8/14 – Buffalo, NY @ TBA
8/16 – Cleveland, OH @ Now That's Class
8/17 – Warren, MI @ The Ritz
8/18 – Lansing, MI @ Blackened Music Hall
8/19 – Chicago, IL @ Empty Bottle
8/20 – St Louis, MO @ Firebird w/Black Fast, Terra Caput Mundi
8/21 – Kansas City, MO @ TBA
8/22 – Lincoln, NE @ Zoo Bar
8/23 – Denver, CO @ Larimer Lounge
8/25 – Salt Lake City, UT @ Burt's Tiki Lounge w/Visigoth, Deathblo, Bloodpurge
8/26 – Idaho Falls, ID @ Wax House
8/27 – Boise, ID @ Shredder
8/28 – Seattle, WA @ Funhouse w/Leathertorn
8/30 – Portland, OR @ Mississippi Studios w/WITCH MOUNTAIN, Stovokor
8/31 – Eugene, OR @ Bloodstains Across Eugene Festival
9/01 – Arcata, CA @ Alibi w/Author & Punisher
9/02 – San Francisco or Oakland, CA @ TBA
9/03 – Fullerton, CA @ Slidebar
9/04 – Los Angeles, CA @ TBA
9/05 – Phoenix, AZ @ Rhythm Room
9/06 – Las Cruces, NM @ Trainyard w/Cruces Cult, Onyx
9/07 – San Antonio, TX @ TBA
9/08 – Austin, TX @ TBA
9/10 – New Orelans, LA @ Siberia
9/11 – Atlanta, GA @ 529 w/Spewtilator, Death of Kings – % (great promoter)
9/13 – Charlotte, NC @ TBA
9/14 – Raleigh, NC @ TBA
9/15 – Richmond, VA @ Strange Matter w/Battlemaster
9/16 – Washington DC @ RAS Restaurant (matinee)

No Canadian dates. Phooey.

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
So there is a new Testament album due soon. Any word on if it's any good? I'm quietly looking forward to it...

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

QPZIL posted:

What a shame.

Just you wait for Abzoo, a tale of Sumerian occultism and giraffes with 15 pages of liner notes.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken

Ingram posted:

So there is a new Testament album due soon. Any word on if it's any good? I'm quietly looking forward to it...

I don't remember if it's been posted here before, but they did release a track to listen to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtP6Brv6CCM

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Falls Down Stairs posted:

I don't listen to too much metal but I'm kinda partial to Agalloch; they're gonna be in town in a few weeks, would they be worth catching? I've heard mixed things about their live show.

I just got back from seeing them and they were amazing. They played for 2 solid hours and played the new track. gently caress, go just to see Aesop beat the gently caress out of his kit.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Turk February posted:

If you know what's good for you, don't miss Obituary! One of the best bands I saw at Hellfest. Their guitar tone was perfect, and I can't explain how heavy they are live. They're clearly loving it on stage at the moment as well.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Zodijackylite posted:

It's both.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

DEAR RICHARD posted:

I just got back from seeing them and they were amazing. They played for 2 solid hours and played the new track. gently caress, go just to see Aesop beat the gently caress out of his kit.

I really wish I liked the new track/EP more :( I may have to listen to it a couple more times to let it grow on me, but it didn't grab me like Marrow of the Spirit did. Or anything else of theirs, really, save for The Grey EP.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Weaponized Cum posted:

Yeah also Anal Vomit, Mortem (gods), Narkan, Ch'aska... there's a pretty solid scene down there.

I've heard the AV/GS split and I liked it, I'll check those out.

a false posted:

It's both.

Look who shows up when we mention Sarcofago :haw:

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic

Great Horny Toads! posted:

No Canadian dates. Phooey.

I don't know if it helps you or not but they've updated that to include a date on August 15th in Hamilton. Which is fuckin' crazy because nobody interesting ever comes to Hamilton with Toronto right there across the lake. They're also playing at an old movie theatre which, unless they've renovated it, still has a bunch of old bench seats, which could be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Preview tracks for the new Vomitor are out there. It's going to rule.