Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
New Machine Head is very very loving good. Though not sure how well that goes over in this thread. But yeah check it out! And that Metallica Lou Reed poo poo, my god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
New Mastodon is pretty drat amazing as well.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
Looks like Peter Dolving quit The Haunted. Probably so he can try to collect unemployment since he keeps asking for money. This can only mean good things honestly. Hopefully more At the Gates stuff happens.

"I am officially quitting The Haunted. After years of working with the band, I am out. I have had it. I will NOT answer questions to why. It's no one elses business. Thank you very much. I am looking forward to seeing you people at other shows with other projects."

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=522457875

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

m-o-o-n posted:

Good riddance, he always struck me as a pretentious turd

Yup he definitely was one.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Houseplant posted:

One of my friends posted this as being a new metal band... with Jada Pinkett-Smith:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWO9ZLYmteU

This band is awful. I saw them at Ozzfest back in the day and Will was there watching. They still sucked.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
I love Meshuggah but they are one of those bands you either hate or love. I'd willing to bet most of this thread hates them. I love everything they put out.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

watt par posted:

I think the metal cruise market has hit the saturation point (honestly one cruise was one too many). Looks like the time is right to finally pursue my lifelong dream of starting a metal blimp tour.

Have you gone on one?

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
So the title song for Megadeth's new album is out...and all I can see is goodnight Dave, you're done.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/04/22/the-title-track-from-megadeths-super-collider-is-loving-garbage/

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Big Willy Style posted:

I never knew Machine Head were THAT bad.

PS. I almost hit Report instead of Quote. I think that would have been warranted considering what you subjected me to.

EDIT: Holy poo poo, of course they didn't miss the metalcore bandwagon. And isn't it mediocre metalcore as well.

Yes, this was rock bottom for Machine Head and man was it awful. I'm so glad that poo poo is gone.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Killsion posted:

I guess I just got tired of the recycled formula.

Why? They do it pretty well, who cares if it's recycled. I'd rather a band stick to what they're great known for than turn into something else.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Mayhem Fest is always terrible and it looks like you've already figured out who everyone halfway decent is. Maybe Rob Zombie will play some good White Zombie songs and at least be entertaining. Just make sure you avoid Emmure, who might be the worst band of all time.

Rob Zombie live is painful to watch. He can't remember words, runs out of breath and is just overall horrible. You will be disappointed in them.

As for the others at Mayhem Fest, Children of Bodom are good if they play their older poo poo but they just came out with a new album so scratch that. Machine Head will play their typical 5 to 6 songs and not stray into anything rare. My friends keep wanting me to go to Mayhem fest but I just can't bring myself to doing it.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

henpod posted:

Oh dear, they are going down the route of a female opera singer which is pretty cheesy. I quite liked the other guy's high pitched squealing.

I love this female opera singer stuff. poo poo's so good!

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
I saw the Megadeth Maiden tour in Nashville, great poo poo. I was worried Megadeth's set would consist of new poo poo but thank god they only played one new one. The rest of their set was beautiful.

Maiden, awesome as always. Seventh son of a Seventh son was loving awesome. And Nashville had Christian people preaching outside also, just not handing out fliers of Eddie, at least not what I saw.

Also the crowd at Nashville was loving lifeless on the floor. loving dudes and their girlfriends.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Hulk Krogan posted:

Ghost Lion BC.

Also, I would love it if Snoop guested on the next album. The mass flood of internet tears would be hilarious.

As a ghost and snoop fan, this would be awesome.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Fenrir posted:

I haven't enjoyed a single drat thing they've done since Jester Race.

Colony was good and Clayman had a few decent songs, but other than that, what a craptastic band.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I haven't liked arch enemy since wages of sin, really, is there anything between then and now I should re-listen to?

Nope! Just another dead band.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
I probably shouldn't post this but I love making GBS threads on In Flames.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/in-flames-new-song-through-oblivion-available-for-streaming/

Awful.

New Mastodon is pretty drat good.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

A human heart posted:

They're both bad.

Oh how wrong you are.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Darf posted:

So I came across a record today and decided to pick it up because I liked the cover and saw it was produced by Dave Mustaine. Pretty loving metal so far, just got to side 2

Sanctuary - Refuge Denied

http://youtu.be/B14ME8KSHbo

Dude Sanctuary loving rules. Go listen to their newest released this year, The Year the sun Died.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
Typical metal heads hate everything.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
Derrick Green is awful. Sepultura is awful now. Do not see them if you want to remember them being good.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
Yeah, doesn't matter who he has, he can't write good songs anymore.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

MrBling posted:

How about instead of listening to Ghost you listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1qFbtOllc4

?

Or you could listen to both, like both, and stop giving a gently caress about it.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

muike posted:

i don't really like the term wigger as it's both classist and racist but drat if it isn't fun to say "wigger slam"

This is the best genre name.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

This is amazingly awful. It's like they are going back to the album that completely ruined them, Digitmortal. Maybe they want to team up with Coal Chamber and have a Jump Da gently caress Up Tour 2.0. I dunno but they should really give it up.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Anyone know if the current Slayer tour has any opening acts? I'm going to the Asheville show Tuesday and was just curious. There doesn't seem to be any info indicating that there's anyone other than Slayer.

Looks like an off date from mayhem. Probably one opening band from mayhem and a local band.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

DeusExMachinima posted:

het it's just time to admit defeat and change the thread title

They are great at what they do.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Weaponized Cum posted:

NOBODY
GIVES
A
gently caress

I care. He cares. So shut the gently caress up.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

DeusExMachinima posted:

Anyway, full official Meliora stream up on Youtube

Posted a few posts above yours.

Anyway, http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/08/18/between-the-buried-and-me-enslaved-intronaut-and-human-construct-fall-2015-tour-dates-announced/

Between the Buried and Me and Enslaved tour. Finally starting in my hometown and I don't have to drive 2+ hours somewhere. Nice.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

symbolic posted:

There's no such thing as a bad Megadeth album per se, just mediocre ones. I'm a Mustaine fanboy, though, so take anything I say about Megadeth/early Metallica with a grain of salt.

Risk is really bad. Like truly awful.

Crush 'em

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
I love how upset people in this thread get about Ghost.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Guys, I listened to the new Iron Maiden album. Well, only half of it. Because that's all i could take before the desire to end it all by smashing my car into the nearest wall overcame me. What i'm saying is...it's a bad album.

No, what you're saying is you don't like it. However, a lot of people do including myself.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
New Slayer is basically the same as their last two albums. Nothing amazing, nothing great, but not awful. Just generic old person easy listening metal.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Which versions of Rust in Peace songs are used on Greatest Hits: Back to the Start? Because that was my introduction to Megadeth and Holy Wars has been one of my favorite songs ever since.

The awful remaster versions.

Find the original cds somewhere or download them. So much better.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Vintersorg posted:

"Leak" of Slayer, Testament and Carcass tour for next year.

So basically Carcass is on tour and you can leave once done because zzzzzzzzz im sleeping with those two bands recent/past output.

MMmmmmm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpbpOgUybBM

Except slayer still plays old stuff and puts on a great show.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Turk February posted:

Slayer needs to gently caress off. They tour constantly and nobody wants to see them anymore.

Why do you are that they tour? You don't have to see them. I always see them and will continue until they really can't play anymore. But for now, they're still able to do it live.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

My god Phil sucks.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Saw Gojira open for someone and that poo poo was boring as hell (and I like Opeth!) but people love them for some reason. I mean really love them. It's bizarre. Is it because they're from France and sing about recycling aluminum cans?

No, I'm pretty sure it's because people have different loving tastes in music.

One day this thread will figure this out, hopefully.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
drat, someone compared Gojira to nu-metal? That's interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

MikeCrotch posted:

Went to Bloodstock at the weekend and holy poo poo Burton C Bell from Fear Factory cannot sing any more. They played the whole of Demanufacture and the crowd were signing the songs better than him for most of the set. Even Tom Araya sounded better despite the fact he looks like he's approximately a million years old.

He hasn't been able to sing for awhile, his voice is done. I love Demanufacture and refused to see them because I knew it would be pretty awful.