Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Say it ain't so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm not sure whether you're saying that to the music or to Big E's implication that the faction isn't happening anymore.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Because there was a small chance that it wasn't going to actually be an 'angry black guy stable' and people in general would like all three of them to be pushed some

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

:gbsmith:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

bradzilla posted:

Who gives a poo poo it's loving Halloween

So did you go in blackface this year or something? You seem really defensive of other people's racist costumes

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
holy poo poo that post is from 2011

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Realtalk you really shouldn't be wearing a war bonnet unless you're an actual honored Native American warrior (which I doubt Renee is) and the trend of people wearing them for fashion is really awful. Here's a good article about it.

It hasn't really sunken in with people as a whole that it's a bad thing to do though and Renee hopefully and most likely wasn't being actively racist when she decided to dress up as a dead native american for halloween, but the thing to do isn't to yell at people for pointing out that she did a dumb thing, really

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
well hey at least they've never given black guys a southern preacher gimmick with singing AND dancing

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
can we just keep everyone in NXT until vince dies

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

rovert posted:

The HH tweets are those tweets Hulk personally writes. The others are his social media manager.

No, I'm pretty sure Hogan is a Nazi

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
look vince i know what it looks like but that's someone else's dick in the picture with me

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cory Lidle posted:

Vince has already jacked to it so many times he tore his biceps.

he didn't even get to finish? that's really too bad

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Roman Reigns posted:

Probably will never see Young back in TV now, but at least he's speaking out.

I was getting the impression he was on the 'we're not putting you on tv but it'd look bad if we fired you' list

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
How many matches did he even have after he came out? The wikipedia page lists hilariously few matches but I don't know if they just were meaningless enough that they weren't filled out or he just hadn't ever been booked

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Sanguinia posted:

Him and Titus were an amazing pairing, they covered for each other's weaknesses and played off each other to become so much more than the sum of their parts it's almost dumbfounding. Too bad tag teams are worthless in the eyes of Vince.

It's a good thing titus dropped him and paired up with heath 'attempted rapist' slater instead then, can't have a good thing last

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Codependent Poster posted:

Young is a good wrestler and talker and has charisma, so he should be getting TV time and around IC/US title level.

hey now if they pushed solid wrestlers with charisma they'd have a show full of decent-to-great matches and that just can't happen! you'd need at least two and a half hours for all that on a show. maybe even three if you could trust people to sit around for that long, but who would

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

dsriggs posted:

The WWE should team <black wrestler> with <black wrestler>. It's the perfect fit!

when was the last non-slater gator time they paired a white dude with a black dude

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Basic Chunnel posted:

Mark Henry and Big Show

god I forgot they were together again for like five minutes

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Note that WWE also kept him from actually going over there to work for his own protection (their words)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's really funny that people are so used to cheering heels that the best-thought-out heel move in ages is seen as bad because they didn't cheer for it

it's like what he did at the start of the match -- free heat by delaying the match actually happening because people were so excited for it to start

it's A+ writing

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
zack ryder's just mad adam rose has his old place on the roster

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

NickRoweFillea posted:

epitasis said it best when uhaa becomes the tag partner for heath slater

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Hooray!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
He looks like he's 19 and on the verge of tears

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah I've never heard that before at all

anyway, https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1126564115378470913

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
wonder how many of these tweets are a result of the comp telling every minority they can find to tweet support or else

definitely feels the same as big e's hogan tweet after the new day was caught sitting out his return

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
defeating the 88 signature doesn't mean he didn't wear a nazi t-shirt y'all and I'm sorry you spent so much time and energy on it to do so

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
he brought a horse to a ppv

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Gaz-L posted:

...how is that tweet still up? Does Gargano nor Candice know a single PoC? Like, surely if they did, their friends would say 'um, dude, maybe reword it?'

just be glad he didn't run it by orton

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Big Huski Boi posted:

Because when you say "I identify as an attack helicopter" you are doing nothing but mocking trans people. That's the whole point of that "joke." When you are a grown man dressed as a dinosaur who is speaking as if he truly believes he is a dinosaur, you are mocking the grown man dressed as a dinosaur.

It may well be in poor taste but to suggest the butt of the joke is intended to be anyone but himself is absurd.

the riffs on the "my culture is not a costume" posters are a thing outside of the joke he was making and are actually factually used in the same way that the attack helicopter stuff is used, you're just much more familiar with the dogwhistle nature of the latter

could it be used as a meme by somebody who doesn't realize the implications and didn't reflect on it at all? yeah, and literally nobody was saying it was anything more than that. it doesn't mean that it's *not* a lovely joke, just one of the ones that go under the radar for people who aren't part of the targeted groups

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
ah, so it was his fault and also he should be thankful they fixed it so fast

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
five?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Ok at this point I have to believe WWE just has an intern doing all of the social media account stuff now and they made everyone turn over their passwords

yeah it's gotta be something like this

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
old disney movies you forgot were super racist: Peter Pan

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the thing to do would be to trust her word on it, I think

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

ICHIBAHN posted:

Love to hear about people not using twitter for a bit

you're literally in the thread about wrestlers and social media

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

idk if she's trying to imply that she or liv isn't straight or if she's being told to post that to try to stop people calling the storyline poo poo

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

AsInHowe posted:

This is gonna get tonedeaf and offensive really quick.

you say that like it hasn't already

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
boy there sure seems to be a lot of misinformation going around painting sasha in a bad light after she was refused release

wonder why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I’m paid by the WWE

I meant the stuff on twitter and dirt sheets but congrats