Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Wrestling journalism is poorly written but ultimately entertaining.

Sounds like something else I know...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

ayn rand hand job posted:

TNA has a more viable financial model than LU does right now.

I don't know that "pray dad's money doesn't stop" is that much more viable than "try new, interesting format and see if it clicks"

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Do people not think Riley's ranting is a work? His entire gimmick is being an entitled rear end in a top hat a la Baron Corbin Lite™. I get he's an actual rear end in a top hat, but there's no way this stuff isn't WWE endorsed.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

I don't particularly like Asuka/Kana but i do like how ready she is to poo poo on terrible workers publicly.

Eva is just shite and she isn't getting any better.

It's in storyline. Eva has "stolen" Asuka's title.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Die Laughing posted:

I was kind of embarrassed when my lady friend came with me to my friends house and wrestling was on, but as soon as the Bellas showed up I heard all about her obsession with Total Divas. Before that, I never really knew that Total Divas had an audience outside wrestling fans.

Had a coworker who did not give a single gently caress about wrestling and had zero idea of anything going on regarding wrestling, but was a massive Total Divas fan. It's a weird thing.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

For once I agree with Ryback.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Alaois posted:

i am a big fan of Friendly Local Politician Rhyno

He interrupted a promo at the ROH show in Dearborn (the city in which he's running for office), gored a dude, picked up a mic and said "My name is Terrance Guido Gerin and I endorse this workplace violence" while wearing a "VOTE FOR RHINO" sweatshirt. He's a cool dude.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Jeff Jarrett said it best when talking about Owen. (I am paraphrasing because I don't know the exact quote.)

"In this business you have a lot of acquaintances, but very few friends."

Randy and Cody were friends. And as such Randy is sad that his friend felt he had to leave.

What the gently caress are "friends"

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

AMReese posted:

Hey, I'm allowed to rant

And we're allowed to laugh at it. :)

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

coconono posted:

not mention both cooter and jimbob appear to each have a handful of Sasha's rear end.

Wait, I thought he was the same person...

Wikipedia posted:

Jim Bob Cooter (born July 3, 1984) is an American football coach who is the offensive coordinator for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League (NFL).

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Thauros posted:

He unsurprisingly became a lot more positive on WWE after his son got hired on the writing team (I'm assuming he's still there as I never heard otherwise).

Or the part where he has a reality TV show on the Network.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

TL posted:

Why the Headbangers hate? I can understand apathy, I watched throughout their entire run, and don't remember a drat thing they did.

There's your answer right there. Why bring forgettable Attitude Era tag teams back at all?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

The burn is so loving late that it didn't even work for all three hours of the show, despite the quality.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

No, no, Nazis

No No Nazis is my favorite anime.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Joseph McCarthy: That's it fart blood..... YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!

Can't wait for McCarthy's face turn.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Wow, these are terrifying. What's going on in the Gargano/Ciampa one?

https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/status/844301686550286336

WWEmoji is amazing. It's chock full of other vaguely disturbing representations of other wrestlers.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

That's gotta be satire, right?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

crisps benoit

:eyepop:

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Cross marks the spot!

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Ain't nothin' wrong with Bully using Dave's Frequently Used Line against him.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

It's okay to be hosed, just not gently caress yourself over.

He's only gently caress yourself over.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Tornhelm posted:

Which is the same thing people have been saying about Kevin Owens, Chris Hero, Roman Reigns and the Usos for years and its just suddenly become a problem because it was said about a girl?

gently caress me, but I might actually have to agree with Rovert for once - or at least not completely disagree with it.

I won't get any further into it because this clearly isn't the place, but yes, it's different because society provides context for comments. The same words said to one person will mean something different said to another. To me, Rovert often seems to completely miss that part and talks like an unfeeling robot beep boop the words I use have no further implication or context.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

So, playing devil's advocate here, is it a touch hypocritical for WWE employees to be making GBS threads so hard on Lio while their employer has Alexa do the same thing on live TV?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

It is hypocritical for them to expect someone to be professional when they work at a company that lacks any degree of class or professionalism, but that incident isn't really the reason. (It's ok to get mad at someone for joking about a friend being fired though, all the calls for professionalism were really funny.)

Is the Lio hate anything more than him being an immature dick?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

He's apologized for his Bad Tweet.

https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/931517598889492480

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

do you get all of your Certified Scoops from beckylynchsource dot com

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Duke's entire gimmick was stealing lines from movies so I'm not sure what happens when you put Duke into a movie. Is he still just quoting lines from Evil Dead? Does he start reciting lines from Skyrim?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Bix is absolutely insufferable on Twitter, so Dave’s right on that, at least.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Germansimp posted:

Heel Cody still trying to destroy Bullet Club:
https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/979570387443859456

Face Cody asking fans to vote whether his dog or a Flat-Earther should be All-In:
https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/979536693341642752

Can't see the poll results but I hope Pharaoh is winning because he's a good boy.

Currently 51/49 in favor of Flip...

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

VJeff posted:

Flip seems pretty okay to me on BtE? :confused:
He’s a shithead flat earther.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Yeah, Corbin went undrafted. I don't believe Corbin ever played a snap in the NFL and was never on an NFL roster proper during the season. His longest stint in the league is something like 8 months with the Arizona Cardinals signed on a futures contract. This was after he threw punches at a practice squad teammate.
He was never good enough for the main roster, so I guess not much has changed.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Low Desert Punk posted:

dude enzo is not even close to those guys. people like yachty and uzi actually have rhythm and some clever rhymes now and then, enzo sounds even worse than a guy handing out his mixtape in the train station

Yeah, Enzo is absolutely lovely Soundcloud or Train Station Mixtape dude at best. I don't like Lil Pump or his fellow Lillians, but they are miles better than this poo poo.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

Yeah of course Graves chose the worst way to express his thoughts, but Punk just seems like someone who thinks "keeping it real" means being a loving rear end in a top hat.

Outside of any other context, I know I’d probably question if the individuals still sucking up to someone who fired me on my wedding day and bankrolled a borderline-frivolous lawsuit against me were actually my friends, and would probably make the decision on my own to stop associating with them.

E: and to be clear, I don’t think this bars Punk from being an rear end in a top hat ever, it’s not like it’s some title that only one of them can claim.

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 10, 2018

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I know this is old, but like... okay, whether it's a work or real, can't you seriously find a better car to pose in front of than a car that's literally a decade old at best?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Sionistic posted:

It gives you something with which to criticize him. Its like when Miz claims to be an A-lister while only appearing in straight to dvd movies.

Yeah, but like, Miz is actually good at what he does.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

sheik's entire twitter account is being run by some shithead opportunists probably taking advantage of him, yeah?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

VJeff posted:

Roman stinks it up in the main event a dozen times but manages to have a Good Match against Braun Strowman and he's great, yeah that's exactly what I mean when I say WWE's dire-rear end standards.
Roman's best singles matches in 2017-2018 are better than Tama's best has ever been. It's tough to call someone in WWE "great" because, hey, it's way easier to have great matches when you're in the ring with some of the best wrestlers of a generation than it is when you're in the ring with Jinder Mahal, but oh well.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Like, gently caress, nobody's saying he's Okada but it wouldn't kill you to say "oh, huh, that was pretty good despite my misgivings with how WWE puts matches together and have booked him." He'd be better served in another promotion, but so would literally everyone in WWE aside from Brock.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I'm mostly amazed that goons have gone on for a page yelling about two family members goofing off.
i feel like you of all people should understand the :justpost: life.

VJeff posted:

I'm not saying the guy loving sucks or anything, I'm saying that going "Tama's never had a great match" is dumb if you're comparing the two because neither has he.

Roman has had matches I really liked like his Royal Rumble match with Owens but they were smoke and mirrored to gently caress.
okay, i'll go ahead and say tama's never had a very good singles match. he had a couple good matches with sanada, but that's kinda it. who the gently caress cares if it's a smoke and mirrors match, if it's good then it's good. toru yano kicks rear end and he's a worse wrestler than tama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Yano is actually an amazing worker.
i knew someone was gonna say this.