Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Hogan stopped signing his tweets, HH?

That's disappointing.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

Is it wrong that I think the idea of a company wide Chyna/Hall death pool run by Vince is hilarious
It's a compelling bet.
I was firmly in the Hall camp but then I figured he's made it this far and seems to just get sleepy while Chyna is clearly unstable.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

There's no official Chyna death pool, but you get a free copy of her sex tape at employee orientation and alternating winter Fridays.
The Smackdown Christmas party has to watch her sex tape instead of Vince's annual highlight reel.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Minitrue posted:

Is this a real thing? Are we talking Keller style or Big Dave style rumour?

I think I'm a horrible person, because I laughed at this idea for a good 10 seconds. I kinda hope it's true.
Chyna said it on twitter.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Gary the Smart Mark Video camera man is on twitter.
He is a good camera man and you should follow him I guess.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

:can:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dusty may have revealed a Mania match?

@DustyWWE posted:

Hey tweeties don't no about Cody Vs Gold at wm?

He is also hanging out with Seth Rollins or his coincidentally named dog.

@DustyWWE posted:

Hanging with the dogs Gus and Ty Black they be watching me do tweetie stuff

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I don't even follow Vin but he follows me. :toot:

Vin is surprisingly handsome in person.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

TheHock posted:

This whole thing is really weird. Steiner still works for Ring Ka King, right?

That'd be like if WWE released Daniel Bryan and he showed up in FCW the next week trashing them on Twitter.
90% sure Ring Ka King was all taped and nobody is on a contract at the moment.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

^^^^
That's my theory.
He wanted a legends deal and they offered him $X per appearance.

Lone Rogue posted:

I'm one of the most anti-WWE guys around here but I want Bobby Roode to gently caress Hogan up, get fired and goto the WWE.
WWE didn't sign Bobby Roode to developmental years ago because they were too cheap to get him a visa.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Clearer version. Google search by image is the best.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

609 is a weird thing to chant instead of "You hosed strippers!" *5 claps*

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Awesome update on Bitchoff. In reverse order for clarity.

@ScottSteiner posted:

Testifies under oath that he and his wife go to the Gold Club and pick up a stripper and take her

[Deleted since posting] To a hotel,he watches his wife have lesbian sex with the stripper and then he joins them,but the best

But the best part is reading his testimony and you can see what a weasle he is

Also in reading his testimony you find out the only way he gets caught is he gave the stripper a

Bullshit tip,and she gets pissed goes back to the Gold Club tells her boss what he tipped her

He then goes into the register and gives her a bigger tip.......BUSTED..if he would have just gave her a

Good tip her boss wouldnt have gone into the register,the FBI was watching all transactions
:allears:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Gavok posted:

Wait a second... I think we have a love connection.

I SAID I THINK WE HAVE A LOVE CONNECTION!
POTY candidate

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

coconono posted:

They're not allowed to smile in their dress uniforms or something. Every single pic I've seen of younger military guys is SERIOUS FACE.
Yeah, but without context it looks like Orton is the idiot fanboy and the Marines just want to catch their plane.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

:siren: Someone stole Chyna's dog :siren:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Thunder Hammerfist posted:

Did he use "verse", as in versus, as a verb?

I don't think I've ever seen that before.
It's not uncommon.
There's a weird logic to it since they mean verse as in "verses" as a verb.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I can't wait for Sugar Dunkerton to go through the FCWTNA name generator like Rubix did.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jack Krauser posted:

Are we all pretending Sugar Dunkerton is a good name in the first place?
Worked well when his gimmick was basically a Harlem Globetrotter.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Incredibly, this might mean the guys angry about The Rock were right in the end because he didn't make them all more money.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

TheHock posted:

The worst part about it is that if he'd have kept his mouth shut, he'd probably have been hired back by December. But he just HAD to Tweet about how upset he was, and so while I wouldn't say he'll never get rehired, it won't be for a long time now.
I completely disagree.
AW is not the best wrestler in the world or a very good agent/trainer they've kept around for over 10 years.

He wasn't coming back.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Vin Gerard is surprisingly handsome in person.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Punk probably makes close to the same or more a year on merch/games/dvd's before his salary and PPV payouts are even considered doesn't he?
I believe Jericho once said he usually made double and often triple his downside guarantee so that sounds possible.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Glitterbomber posted:

When AJ first started this gimmick I remember doubting it thinking it'd be a quick 'haha, bitches be crazy' arc with her being shuffled back to the dark matches. I'm really happy she's come along so well. I was never super into her wrestling but she never really bothered me in ring, and as a persona obviously she's awesome. Nice to see they found a good place for her.
I'm hoping she lasts a long time because it will lead to an amazing F4W write up on her horrible leadership.

@WWERobinson posted:

My Little Nature Boy robe displayed in my home. Michael Myers protecting it in background. https://twitter.com/WWERobinson/status/236654184043274240/photo/1/large

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

VogeGandire posted:

Can someone just give Zack a good shake.

Whining is not how you endear yourself to the higher-ups. And that is whining. Hell, the amount of bitching he does about losing, I'm surprised they've not got him doing Doink.
He doesn't care and it doesn't matter at this point.
It's not like Vince is waiting for X months of quiet acceptance before he'll push Zack.

Creative cares more about controlling what we like than making money.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Lance knows his poo poo about in-ring stuff.

Just don't ask him about non-wrestling segments or medicine.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Thauros posted:

Here's Vince's from the same site. http://www.newsmeat.com/celebrity_political_donations/Vince_McMahon.php

All his donations unsurprisingly went to GOP pols and PACs, but it's kind of funny to see that he tossed some money at Chris Shays both in '06 and '08. Also of note to me as a PA resident was his donation to Santorum in '06 when he lost his bid for a third term. I know Vince's politics certainly don't align with mine, but I'm still kind of surprised he donated to such a PTC style religious right politician in another state.
Rick Santorum actually did some legal work for WWE in the 80s when they were deregulating the industry.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Then Joe Park can start an investigation into why hackers keep going after the twitter accounts of drug addicts.

I am not talking about Kurt Angle.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

A quote published 15 years before the flu virus killed 1-3% of the world population.
Truly prescient stuff that is relevant today.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Root Bear posted:

So a friend of mine came over to watch Raw with my roommate and I a few weeks ago:

The Urban American Dream!
Did you do the Soulja Boy dance?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

If we're doing accent feuds I want Slater vs. Bray Wyatt.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

I gotta tell ya I never thought I would see the day where a professional wrestler would disparage "The Dirtsheets".
Meltzer should be a dick and out Punk if he was the guy who wanted to do an interview in January before the office shut him down.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

maniacripper posted:

Plus wasn't Punk ripping on dirt sheets when he was all, "yeah the angle of me walking out with the belt was hot, but I returned a week later in story line because the best is yet to come :smug:" then the angle turned to poo poo?
He was ripping on everyone for that.

It is pretty amusing how his documentary ends before the horrible SummerSlam finish and NashTriple H feud.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Wait, so who did Punk tell he was going to be on Talking Dead and the Turkey Day parade?
Head of talent relations.
I'll assume the tennis tour woman is a competent professional and passed it along for Vince or Kevin Dunn to ignore.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Suben posted:

I think a lot of developmental guys have some imput on their name. Titus is the name of one of O'Neil's sons.
They provide a list, at least Danielson and Black did, but I'm not sure who actually picks. Pretty sure Tyler tweeted the names in 2010, but nothing was as memorable as Buddy Peacock.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

A grown man who referred to himself as Director of Fun lacks maturity. I am shocked.
That is an official role!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

@LFChikarason posted:

The thing missing from @smartmarkvideo's shoots is a creepy, unfunny, camera hog hosting them. I'll nominate myself for the job.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

incredible bear posted:

Was this actually confirmed as the problem or did Goons just "2+2=5"? Like, I'd get it if Striker used a term like "heel" or "face" or even "kayfabe", a term Vince himself liked to toy around with on commentary, but "marking out" seems so comparatively innocent to such terms.
List of PPV shows Striker announced since Royal Rumble 2011:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I love @IndiesWrestler

He had the best review of Punk vs. Taker.

quote:

Move stealing, MMA gloves, eyeliner. Everything about this match is for me.