Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Been reading enough of this grand thread to inspire a brandy-new BGT playthrough. Loving all of it for so long, just caught up to post-Firewine for the story.

I can swear I just heard the following In-game:

"Sheep haven't been putting out lately." - Commoner/Boring Twat :suicide:
- Wryrms Crossing - Pre Baldur's Gate Admittance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Damnit, I'm caught up now. I'm kind of glad I didn't go for a whole BWP install and cherry-picked a few NPCs in addition to simple tweaks and fixes. I haven't played through this since...crap about 13 years ago. It's nice to go through it again and remember just enough to allow for a good degree of nostalgia, and forgetting enough that it seems like a fresh game again. :unsmith:

I just finished going through Durlag's in my run and holy crap the traps in this dungeon are relentless. All kinds of nastiness all over the place with infinite triggers. I bet 2 votes on Imoen dying to physical damage trap.\

edit: words durrrr

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 18, 2013

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Frontspac posted:

As far as I'm aware the game is like 2E in that regard. There's no set "difficulty class" or automatic success. You roll against your base chance to perform a task with modifiers.

So if the traps in Durlag's actually apply 90% modifiers to be found (mother of God!), that means a rogue with 100% chance to find traps only has a 10% chance (per trap in range per 6 seconds) of finding a given trap in Durlag's.

As far as I am aware it is exactly as you say, and would explain a 100%+ rogue overlooking everything, stepping forward and getting the party gibbed, thus adding to the legend of Durlag and his Tower. Also a continent's worth of quicksaves.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

All Tomes to Syv, and YES as long as it makes sense for the characters. It'd be neat to see a mini-update of the party walking past Syv getting issued equipment like the line at a school cafeteria.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

caleramaen posted:

Think of the Lawful/Chaotic axis as order vs. freedom, and the Good/Evil Axis as empathy vs. exploitation.

This makes perfect sense.

Also, I made a thing. :3:

:angel: <--------> :cheers: <------> :clint:

:cop: <----------> :colbert: <--------> :black101:

:commissar: <-----> :jihad: <-------> :pedo:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Hope it's nothing too nasty or complex. Holiday times are a bitch as it is.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Livewire42 posted:

It's as they say: if you gaze long into the mods, the mods gaze also into you.

And then they gently caress up your installation so you have to start over. :ohdear:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

How would you even go about getting everyone in the temple zone? Fancy pocket plane stone thinger abuse? I say do all three but keep the 'lure bro into a hail of death outside daddy's summer house' as the real version.

Can't wait to see Syv drop the entire contents of the lower plains on baldie's head with the best series of wild surges EVER. :allears:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I always either died or slaughtered his party before thinking to try it. :p

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

1 vote each for Kagain as the party JDAM, Kivan as our Maxim Gun, and Lady Seafoam Wonderbounce as our Distraction In the Corner/Cheerleader.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I have a mental image of Squirrel skittering up to Sarevok, pouncing on him, and trying in vain to gnaw through thru armor whilst Sarevok just stands there, looks at Syv, and gestures at Squirrel in a "WTF, Bro?" kind of way.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

JustJeff88 posted:

NOTHING is worse than Chloe. There could be a mod that erased your hard drive, gave your sister incurable smallpox, killed off the bottlenose dolphin as a species and directed a tactical nuclear strike to your house every time you started the game and it would still be better than Chloe by a wide margin.

Do elaborate. :allears:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Maybe the power of protagonism allows Syv to run around and lvl up whilst to the BBEG time is passing all slow-like. RPG physics or some poo poo.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Vorgen posted:

I'm really curious, how did you go about reading it? Did you read every single post, or skip to the next update? I think the commentary really informs the actions in the updates, but I don't know how new readers feel about 200 pages of text.

I read and will always read every goddamn post. An LP is a narrative not only from the author, but the thread. The archive loses this dichotomy, unfortunately.

Honestly, I want to see what happens with Syvishtaerie. Bumpity WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Can't help but love her though.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Solitary exploding bunny gets hit by an aoe and down goes spikey!

sebzilla posted:

Bunnies, like Gremlins, hate to be moisturised.

Oopsies. Funny image though. :v:

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 16, 2014

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Also, future readers would miss out on the Shar-teel wars and the universal demand for the demise of Sir Billy-Bob!

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

BwenGun posted:

Part of me hopes he drops in the first few moments under a hail of arrow fire. Purely because the image of Hedgehog Sarevok makes me giggle a little bit.

Well, when you think of the beginning cutscenes of BG2 it is canon.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Oh, Vorgen, where art thou?

Seriously, someone go poke him with a stick.

A NORMAL stick.

Wouldn't want to exacerbate things.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Shei-kun posted:

BGII has an exponentially larger mod community than BGI.

By the time Vorgen's gone through it all, we'll have moon colonies.

Please let us have moon colonies.

We'll have belters.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Siegkrow posted:

We'll have personal WORKING jetpacks.

Gravity manipulators that we are BORN with.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Shei-kun posted:

Whoa, now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, here.

While we're dreaming, I'd like a personal greenhouse/time machine so I have an endless supply of peat for the production of Scotch. Cause that's the real prize of life. Good Scotch, and people to share it with. Before you shoot them in the face and take their territory! :black101:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Are the EEs even worth getting? I've considered them but...eh. They'd have to be something special.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Deaderinred posted:

Vorgen must be stuck in some kind of npc equipping purgatory.
Hope he's ok. :suspense:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Maugrim posted:

You totally should :neckbeard:

Happy Easter, everyone! (Except, presumably, for those who don't celebrate Easter. Happy weekend, you guys!)

As a blatant antitheist, I celebrate the hell out of 'Easter'.

There's just so much fun to be had with coloring eggs. :kimchi:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Just imagine the devastation if one of Sarevok's cronies drops a Confusion in the mix.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Out of rampant curiosity, can we get a spell list for Syv before the fight starts? I can only imagine what the goons can put together for opener spell salvo strategies. :hellyeah:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Shei-kun posted:

If it isn't Random Spell or some variant of, it shouldn't be memorized :colbert:

Still, isn't it fun to guess?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I'd say at some point grab Sarevok with the Irresistible Attraction thing and then lay down a Thunderslap! :sotw:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

:staredog: Goddamn, Syv. You're one cold, cold man/woman/murder factory.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Goddamn but that was so close! You were going to go through each of the 4 plans until each succeeded, right? I'm pretty drat sure that the Solo plan will work if the surges are kinder to you next time.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Speaking of mods. God Damnit. Sometimes, computers are the bane of my existence.

My current (limited) install of the BWP worked nicely through BG into most of the first chapter of BGII. Now it doesn't. CTD every time it runs.

Not sure WTF happened, but it was going nicely. Had a GISH build with a neat combat stat boosting robe. Goddamn thing wont even start now. :( If anyone has experience with the "Extended/Enhanced/Etc" version, is it different/stuff-adding enough to justify a purchase from an admitted money-at-IP-chucking/supporting-(but wary) fan? I really just want to see poo poo I didn't do with my only complete trek through the series-Being: Elf Fighter-Come-Archer -> Neutral Good -> Aerie Romance -> Stay Mortal 'cause RP-wise Aerie=win.

It'd be neat to do an evil run, but those don't get very good quest rewards until the far end of BGII, I've found/seen/etc'd. Eh. It would be awesome if someone did a mod pack ala FWE without the mish-mash involved in a BWP install.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Vorgen posted:

what were you doing when it stopped working? I hope it doesn't happen to me.

On my way to Gromnir, after you talk to Mellisande, so watch out!

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 9, 2014

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Serifina posted:

Oh, man. It took me like a dozen tries to get my FO3 install working with all the mods, and it was only like 8 or 9 mods... Fairly big ones, but still. So unstable and buggy.

I kinda just wiggled everything around till it worked. Good times now. BG2 is loving sacred, though.

F03-wise, that's a different discussion for a different thread.

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 04:20 on May 9, 2014

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Serifina posted:

I think it only took me four tries for a BWP set up, but it's such a huge install that it takes forever. FO3 was much faster but more frustrating.

Thus, more of an active bastard. :smithicide:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Serifina posted:

Gotta admit though, once I got FO3 working right, it was a never ending blast of fun, even if it was a hard-as-hell kick in the teeth. (The BG games are never not fun which is why I own them like three different ways now)

Until you need to reload them every 6d6 minutes. :rolldice:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Vorgen posted:

If you're getting a ctd every time you start up its because one of your recent save games is corrupted. Go to where they are stored and delete them one at a time until the game starts again. You'll lose progress but you'll keep your game

Tried that, no dice. To be more specific, it's TOB Extender that opens up then crashes. Eh.

E - Oh hey. I had a backup install all ready to go and without errors. Copied the saves over and BAM good to go. :swoon:

EE - Nope. Somehow my weapons have armor stats and vice versa, so gently caress it. I'd rather watch you play anyway.

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 10, 2014

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Pickled Tink posted:

I hope one of them is the charge of the bunny brigade.

And yes, this particular ending wasn't so great.

It was fun to watch, in respect to seeing Syv's growth in power to be able to take on anything the realms chuck in the way.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Bunn-grenade goes boink.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Maybe Syv can go hoard Charm scrolls or something? The problem seems to be that the rest of the NPC's went totally neutral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

It definitely looks like it, what with the multiple demons and all.

• Locked thread