Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
Well... just read this all these last couple of days, and it prompted me to register here :D. VERY, very fun so far, though i must admit that the last few dozens updates have been largely lacking in a lot of the earlier tone that made this so fun at first.

The character went from 'Chaotic neutral' to "Insane whiny", and i got to agree with Jaheira: Xan should have been eradicated by a stray missile way back in the Nashkel mines, because has infected Siv with Hopelessness.

Now, I LOVE the way Siv follow the will of the weave (though i am very sad he has kinda stopped there) both in gameplay and in inner thoughts. I must say, i was pretty sad during the very long middle levels where you suddenly stopped using the level 1 wild surge spell (i spent all of cloackwood looking at that spell not being used and so so sad), so you going back to using it again was a welcome addition. I was VERY amused at how Siv went back to being a male.

Also, i got to say, a lot of the non-recent Siv inner thoughts were hilarious as all hell. I spent hours giggling while reading this. As i have never previously finished the game, stuff like that mage being backstabbed by the thief in Baldur's gate is a excellent example of recent awesome inner thoughts, too :D

Gameplay wise, i love how you have been cycling through the characters (though i am in despair whenver Imoen gets shuffled off), though i think that you should STILL have reloaded when you got 1s during level ups- have something like 4 1s to Xan is pretty much why he is a unplayable character, sadly. I was also a bit sad whenever Siv got 1s equivalent (with with her const so high). When your character will die from a single magic missile spell, well... his AC doesn't matter.

A few things that have me wincing while you are playing:
*You never use either the good luck spell or the level 7 shield chaos spell- with both of them on, you have something like a 90% chance that the right spell will be cast for level 9 spells iirc, so i can get why you -don't- use it, but it has made me grit my teeth (is it on purpose or not?).
*Never using protections against chaos. Seriously, by now your clerics should be full of those. Likewise, did you try death ward spells against the banshee?
*Can non-MC get familiars with all those mods? you have scribe spell now, so all your other mages could potentially get non-negligible +12 or so to HP (that could actually make Xan viable again).
*Likewise, can non-wild mage learn some of those spells from THE HOLY RHIALTO (lol i love that guy)? i think it should be worth trying. Same with the Dweomer/chaos shield.
*Your armor/weapon selection. Maybe it's on purpose, but sometimes stuff like giving the half-orc four halberds and no bows???? is a bit disconcerting. Of course, you probably wanted him to be utterly unable to not be in melee, but i would have appreciated a 'gameplay note'.
*Speaking of 'gameplay note', sometimes i am actually unsure what you have tried or not: for example, i never saw you try to steal the talismans from that girl and that beggar (i missed it?).

I whine, i whine, but only because i spent the last 3/4 days thinking only about this. I really loved it, and i LOVE how you are using the Big world project in a way that make gameplay (or at least watching it) so much fun.

Speaking of, i do hope you manage to straighten out the bugs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Shei-kun posted:

That... that's actually rather sad. No wonder he's so depressing.

Xan has something like 20HP at level 7 or so- i think he got '1hp" for 3/4 levels. Each time it happened i winced something fierce. The poor guy just had rotten, rotten luck.

Seriously, just use Indra :V

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Thaddius the Large posted:

It's actually rather fitting, his constant preoccupation with death is very well founded as he could be killed by a stiff breeze (relative to the mod's content).

Not sure of his HP, but i -think- he can be killed by a single magic missile spell. When that's the case, no amount of AC can save you.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
So i tried to install the Big World Project. And Oh God so many error messages.

It ended up in an unholy thing where the icons for the menus are all the same and something like two dozen mods derped on me, including the widescreen mod.

That was pretty impressive.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Cythereal posted:

This is why you don't use BWP unless you know exactly what you are doing. For 90+% of players, it's not what they want or need.

Heh, i am just going to try again- i like tinkering with stuff. I am pretty sure of what i did wrong, though i'll see. It's just that given it takes like 8hrs to install, it's a bit of a pain to do it again.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
At the place we are at, no one but Syv would benefit from such a tome. If it was a int tome i might be tempted to give it to Imoen (because dammit she only has 17), but none of the current NPC are sure to really help us with one more Str.

Also, seems fourth time is the charm for my Big World Project install. This one was perfect install (over 13hundreds mods), with only one error: Widescreen mod -_-.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
Ok- not sure i should ask this here, but apparently one of the mods gave a Str limit to using arrows- E.G, Imoen can't put any arrows in the arrow slot. Is this actually one of the mods or a wrong install?

Back to the game: it's been a while since you used the stone of recall, and there was a quest triggered there with a ghost talking to Imoen. Maybe you should go back there :V

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Ilyich posted:

There is one normally, maybe there's an item randomiser mod somewhere in the BWP.

There is, one of the first post of the thread was about it (when he first wen to friendly arm inn). This is also why he found the same unique weapon many, many, many times.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Vorgen posted:

It is the perfect solution to the NTotSC mod not working. I can just simply go back to the city of baldurs gate and do those old quests! And I can switch out the imoen romance mod for the imoen friendship mod this time and have less creepiness to avoid. And I can make sure to NOT install the anti-chunking mod this time. And... and... and...

Which is the NToTS mod? Also, i totally made sure to choose the Imoen Friendship mode. Incidentally, what's the name of the anti-chunking one?

Tell me if it does that strange things with arrow for you too though :p

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Vorgen posted:

So it isn't possible to prevent all forms of chunking but many are prevented. If I reinstall BWP I can not choose that.

We are all eagerly awaiting our Xan meatballs.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
Has anyone voted 'No one dies'? If not, i do it.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Shei-kun posted:

We've already had a death. Don't throw away your votes!

Oh, voting counts for even the parts we already did? nevermind then.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
Syv got poo poo done, he is actually a pretty nice guy to his 'friends', and he has personally helped a good many of them. Moreover, they are adventurers, and being in a party of someone who will always resurrect you if possible, no matter how much it costs, is drat rare.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
It heavily sounds like the dialog you can get with that old farmer whose son went adventuring, the one who can attack you if you mess up the dialog.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
Ah Will, will you not come back?

(He deserved it).

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
Just to make sur,e Imoen didn't die right? You just purposefully showed us what the trap would do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
*cough cough*, don't forget that quest of 'Imoen' where you need her to use that spell a certain number of times for the ghost to visit you.

• Locked thread