Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I just finished Deus Ex, and that has to be one of my top 5 games ever played. It seriously gave me the same atmospheric feeling as when I played System Shock 2 (probably my favourite game of all)

Managed to get the Foxiest of the Hounds trophy but I must have killed someone along the way. Probably some douche falling into the sewers. Boo.

Really hope that they have another game planned set after the first two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Count me as one of those that liked it too. Though I only half played it as my 2nd disc was hosed I got like 5 minutes of play before it would crash my ps1.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
It's probably been posted in other threads, but I applaud any of you that get to the end of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxp83CimT0w&feature=player_embedded!

The Tommy Wi-show. If you've seen The Room, then you know how utterly bad Tommy Wiseau is, this is 10 steps further in the worse direction.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I never got past the first level in Demon Souls, yet here I am thinking of if I should buy Dark Souls.

I'll probably wait for the price to come down though due to other games coming out soon.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I just cancelled my pre-order of BF3 and am getting Dark Souls and I don't know why.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

ImpAtom posted:

Because Dark Souls loving rocks.

I knew there was a reason!

Samurai Sanders posted:

You might not KNOW you know, but you know why.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Beta, and will probably pick it up at a later date, but I'm just drawn to Dark Souls now.

Puddin fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 8, 2011

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Code Jockey posted:

Welp, finally beat boss 3 in Deus Ex.

Stuff

This is the first real disappointment I've had with the game. It took the game from "This is the best thing ever, this is the second coming of Jesus in BD-ROM form" to "It's totally loving awesome, except...". :/

Someone tell me I'm retarded and missed some big trick to that fight.

I grabbed the grenade launcher a little bit before that 3rd boss, and shot like 5 straight rounds at him even when he was stunned, killed him in under 10 seconds. I remember thinking to myself, is that it??? It was.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
So I traded in Dead Island for MW3. What a steaming pile of poo poo that is.

I know they are twitch shooters, but the default sensitivity is set to 2 and you just basically do a 180 by hitting the stick.

Just no fun. Luckily my brother in law loves them and was going to buy it, so i'm going to sell it to him for its normal price, pay the difference and get BF3.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Goddamn it. I just bought Skyrim and am just into it for a few hours and now Dark Souls just turned up (6 weeks late too I might add)

Now which do I play first?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Yodzilla posted:

Goddamn does Skyrim own. I'm barely two hours into it and I'm already running around like some sort of insane Sith Lord dual-wielding spectral swords, shocking wolves to death, and reanimating the corpses of my foes to fight alongside me. I'm hooked.

I know right. I went with the guy that has some magic and some weapon skills, but with how cool the magic is, I'm seriously considering restarting and using pure magic.

That first time you get out of the cave and to the waterfall is pretty epic.

Puddin fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Nov 14, 2011

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I'm just gonna go against the grain here and say Super Smash Brothers was boring as gently caress, so that PS version is a non-issue for me.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Imagine the shitstorm it would cause if Sony managed to persuade Rockstar to go exclusive on GTA5.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
That Last Of Us and ME:3 trailers have me super pumped for next year (assuming Last Of Us is next year, probably '13)

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Cartoon Man posted:

Get Skyrim. The worls is huge and fantastic looking. You can hunt wolves, foxes, dear, bears, sabrecats, dragons...

(Though the PS3 version is pretty buggy at the moment.)

I guess I'm just lucky, I'm currently at level 33, 39 hr playtime with my save files about to hit 7mb.

I haven't run into a single problem so far, whats the main problems that people are having?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I finally started Uncharted 3 and holy hell it looks amazing.

That first bar fight and throwing people through windows is just the tits.

I was sceptical about the Last Of Us trailer supposedly being real time in engine, but after seeing how good U3 looks I'm now convinced it is.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I popped in Uncharted 3 to take a break from Skyrim and I'm really enjoying it.

Loved the first two, but this one feels really well made and very enjoyable.

To me, the best in the series so far.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

ElwoodCuse posted:

Uncharted 3's real crime was taking out single player unlocks, thus eliminating any reason to go back and replay the game or find treasures.

I wondered where those were in the menu. I just assumed that it would open up after a first completion. That's a really strange decision on ND's part.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
While it was a horrible, horrible excuse for a game, I thought that Enchanted Arms battle system was pretty neat with the attack area.

Like each attack had a specific shape that it would work on in a grid based area, if the enemy happened to move out of that area by the time your attack happened, no hit.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Completely black background and 2 bullets?

That's totally going to be, Jumping Jack Flash 2 rebooted as a hybrid fps/turn based kart racer.

Fake edit : All money on Black 2.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
That looks cool as poo poo. If its one thing I miss its decent side scrollers. Bring back Darius.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I bought the MGSHD collection and I just can't get into the controls.

Having played the role of the sneak in Deus Ex I just can't deal with the static camera and having to hold the direction to keep pressed up against an object to get the somewhat free view to look around corners.

Thankfully I bought it from a place that does returns, so I'll take it back and get something else.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Chemtrail Clem posted:

Have you only played MGS2? The other two don't have static cameras

Yeah that's what I started on as I've not played the others. I'll give the others a go and see how I feel. It's a 7 day return policy anyway.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Motion controls suck for the most part, but table tennis on Sports Champions is just amazing.

If you could pickup a move, camera and Sports Champions for like $20-$30, I'd definitely say do it just for that.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
How does GDC work? Are there livestreams like E3? Being in Australia I normally miss these things, but I'm on holiday at the moment and can watch if there's anything to watch or is it just were going to get a barrage of news posts with all the details?

I'm looking on the website now but it's not really clear.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I'm going on holiday today and as such, aren't going to be able to play Mass Effect or SSX for two whole weeks. The wait is going to be painful.

Puddin fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 5, 2012

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Feenix posted:

So lately when I turn on my Ps3 it will tell me ( I am a Plus member...) that some patch was downloaded but that not all of my saves were uploaded because I was exceeding capacity. I went into my Ps3 save data utility > Plus folder.. And deleted a bunch. Yesterday it was dat smaller than the 150mb allowed but I got the warning again today. Did I miss a step?

Did you turn off auto update for the game that you deleted from plus? Cause it will just re upload the saves.

The one thing I'd like the update process would be like you can set the number of saves per game to update.

Like with Skyrim/any RPG I normally run with at least 3 rolling saves in case I need to backtrack.

With plus update it uploads all the files.

If you could set it for one save sure I may not have the latest save, I'd at least have one if something went wrong.

Really 150 meg is ridiculously low. MS offers 500, I hope they update it to something similar.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
When you have the disc in the drive, when you hit triangle is there another option for square for the auto upload option?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Nierbo posted:

Can someone tell me if tyres wear out on GT5? Like the past few races my zonda seems really skittish and I couldn't find an option to replace the tyres with new ones. I went into the store and tried to buy the same tyres for it but it said they were already installed. Maybe I'm imagining it but it doesn't grip like it used to. I haven't tuned it. Only gave it a paint job. Is there some way to re-tread the tyres or am I just making it up?

They wear in a race but it resets every time you finish. There's no continuous wear that accumulates.

Besides the Zonda slides out as soon as you put any gas down. Its like its on ice.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
A little late to the Journey party, but wow. Just wow.

Sony would be stupid to not throw a massive pile of cash at thatgamecompany and snag them up for more exclusives.

That was hands down, the freshest, most enjoyable game I've ever played. So simple, yet still deep.

I was like nooooooooooooooo!!!! when you think you've reached the top but fall down in the snow

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I read about Dishonoured in a copy of Game Informer a few months back.

The concept looks great and I'm looking forward to see some actual in game footage.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Having never played and PJ games other than Eden, the cheap sale on some of their other games was awesome for me. Picked up Shooter 1 & 2 and Sidescroller. (Not a fan of tower defence games so left out Monsters and whatever that slot car racer game is.)

Shooter is awesome. So loving awesome. I hope that they eventually make one for the Vita.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Personally, I hope it's the elusive Trouser Snake that the game is centered around.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Does anyone know if Quantum Conundrum supports the Move? I've seend a few reviews but it doesn't really state.

Seems like it would be a good fit for it.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

A bit late to the LA Noire talk, but I just wanna say that the game is an absolute treat for Mad Men fans :) Like half the characters are played by actors from that series and it's just amazing to see familiar actors translated so beautifully into a vidya game. Everyone who has played LA Noire but hasn't watched Mad Men should watch the show because you'll appreciate the crazy rear end face capture technology even more.

I'm just going through it to finish the game, trying to finish games I've started but never finished. The one thing I really like about it still looks really, really nice, but the gameplay is a little dull.

It's an extremely polished turd.

One thing that really bugs me is that in some of the car chase side missions, if you have the siren on, cars swerve into you or just simply don't react.

Soundtrack is just awesome however.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

I said come in! posted:

I let the detective with the fancy glasses, die. I didn't like that jerk.

Naaarrman Jaaydan, god I hated the voice actor for him.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Goddamn it ParkingTigers, that game wasn't even on my radar, looks like I'm off to trade some games tonight. (good riddance Witcher and Alamur)

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Just messing around with Retrograde, which by chance is free for Plus members, and it's loving awesome.

It's a great take on the rhythm genre, and the music is just awesome.

You play the game in reverse, and when you finish you can let the level sit playing it the right way, all the music is reversed and your actions recorded and played forwards (reverse reverse?)

Oh and that you can play the game with your loving guitar hero controller.

I love that you as your playing it in reverse the last boss is first up and then you see the credits straight away

Spoilered for the first thing that you do, it's not a plot giveaway, but it's just something funny that everyone needs to experience themselves.

Puddin fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 24, 2012

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Green Puddin posted:

Words about headsets.

I have a pair of Turtle Beach PX5s which does come with a base station/ receiver, but it has optical line in and coax.

It's about the size of a Dvd case, but it looks pretty cool and doubles as a stand for when your not using the headphones.

It's powered by USB, so I just run it from my 360 and optical in from the back of whatever unit I'm using at the time.

It can connect to two Bluetooth devices at the same time, so you can pair your phone as well, if it rings it will mute the game sound and you can answer your phone.

Only used it a handful of times like that but its great for me as my phone only gets decent mobile reception in a certain point in my house.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Goddamn, I literally just bought Bulletstorm as I wanted to play it, but like most played other stuff first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Krad posted:

For me, it was worth it for RE: Darkside Chronicles and Infamous 2/Festival of Blood alone.

Don't forget the first sports champions. The Table tennis is insanely awesome and at the same time balls.out infuriating on the higher top tier difficulty.

If you can pick it up cheap its a lot of fun.

• Locked thread