Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

A subtitled, Norwegian film. It probably isn't giving too much away to say that it's about a man who hunts trolls for a living. A group of amateur film-makers are investigating reports of bear-poaching in Norway, and follow the man they believe to be the poacher. Only to discover he's after much bigger game. Really, really, bigger.

Even though the subject matter is Trolls, it's played straight and not for laughs (although there are a handful of amusing moments). It's all done in a found-footage manner, from the viewpoint of the cameraman, which may annoy some people, in a Blair Witch kind of way.

Thoroughly enjoyable (and so good I wouldn't be surprised if Hollywood do an English-language remake in a year or two, for those who find reading subtitles too much bother).

4.5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Loved this one. It was weird, not entirely serious, and just plain wonderfully done. I can see some parts not making sense if you live outside Scandinavia but it is definitely worth watching.

RaoulDuke
May 6, 2007

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.
Some great lines, Very amusing. Maybe a little something missing to make it a great film but cant put my finger on it.

4/5

Spatule
Mar 18, 2003
Brilliant movie with great scenery and a perfect mix of humour and sense of urgency.

4.5/5

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Absolutely loved this movie. A great example of mockumentary/"found footage" with some great lines and performances. Brilliantly off the wall and very funny at times.

5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seymore
Jan 9, 2012

Entertaining, rough around the edges. I thought it was just too slapdash to warrant a 4. I give it a 3.