Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

You look like a Cracker Jack box with a bad prize inside
Thanks for posting that Dreamcatcher analysis, it really clued me into why so many people (goons especially) tend to loathe it.

I was thinking of doing an analysis of the Garbage Pail Kids movie, but its no mystery why everyone who ever watched it wished it was, well, not shat out by some deranged amateur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

Woa, okay he may be an industry veteran, I can give him that. But where is this parody and gross out humor you speak of? Did you actually watch the movie?

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

OldTennisCourt posted:

The movie is like 90% gross out humor, it's loving disgusting. Don't know about parody though.

This will be the last thing I post about it, but there is barely any "gross out" "humor" in the entire movie. Most of it is the Garbage Pail Kids trying to make clothes for a fashion show, and some annoying kid getting pushed around by stereotypical 80s bullies. I would re-watch it to make sure my memory isn't going down the shitter but I have better movies to watch, like Mansquito.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

ComposerGuy posted:

I refused to see it when I realized they had replaced Acting God Christopher Lambert as Raiden. You don't just replace the loving Highlander like that. :colbert:

I agree that Lambert actually did a good job in the first MK, but James Remar is one of my favorite actors (don't ask me why). I was not at all mad they chose him to replace Lambert for MK:A. I'm sure there are about two dozen James Remar films somebody could discuss for this thread alone.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

I have to disagree, although I love Maximum Overdrive. Dreamcatcher is far and away my favorite King movie, everything just syncs together perfectly. You have Jason Lee's oral fixation (the toothpick), Donny Wahlberg as pretty much the best on-screen Jesus since that film where John Wayne had that one line, and Morgan Freeman and Tom Sizemore's unspoken sexual tension (you know how they were so desperate to "contain" the "threat"? Well the threat was clearly a load from Freeman's quivering penis). I haven't even touched on the great special effects.

I thought the crawling vagina in the bloody bathroom was in poor taste, though.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

I remember buying the robot action figure from the LIS movie, but then I had to return it for some reason. I suppose that counts as a positive memory?

Its no wonder that film made more than its budget at the box office. It was friggin everywhere when it came out.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

What's the consensus here on The Cotton Club? I thought it was well produced and shot, but a bit meaningless. I loved Hoskins, Hines and Remar (even though he was probably high on multiple things during the time), I can take or leave Gere as usual. I'm not saying it was necesarily poorly reviewed, but it probably receives the least mention of any Coppla film in casual discussion.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

I'm watching John Carpenter's Vampires for the first time and I can't believe how much the vampire hunters look like they'd rather be anywhere else in the first action scene. I haven't been taken back by anything in a movie in recent memory quite like this nonsense. It's starting to pick up now about twenty eight minutes in thankfully.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

Yeah, Woods is great. Any other Woods films I should check out? I think I've only seen Videodrome, which ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

Speaking of James Woods I saw part of Cat's Eye recently and I was screaming at the movie for Drew Barrymore to run away as fast as she could from that cruel, entertaining man.

• Locked thread