Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain
I haven't rewatched Super Mario Bros. in a little while but I think it's an okay movie. Ignoring how unlike the games it is, it makes an... interesting adventure film. Also, it had atmosphere. I wonder if the creators had a story lying around then got asked to make a Super Mario movie and just switched some names in the script around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

I've watched a lot of bad movies, but only ONE movie put me to sleep while watching. I'm talking, of course, about the 2007 TMNT film. There isn't much to like about this film- even Patrick Stewart is boring in it. But what's worst of all is the cinematography- it's horribly amateurish and unengaging. And if not the cinematography, then the worse part of the film is the storytelling, which doesn't draw the audience in. The only good part of this film is, um, well I guess Mako as Splinter was pretty cool. Actually, I liked Splinter a lot, but he's always been my favourite TMNT character so maybe I'm biased. Heck, the movie should have just been Splinter staying a home watching soap operas. It would have been a better movie than 'TMNT'!

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Discussion on the live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie reminded me of another problem I had with 2007's TMNT. The 2007 movie lacked atmosphere. I couldn't connect with the film's world. The film opens with a prologue on Yaotl's backstory, but it would have served better to just introduce the turtles, or start with that scene in the Columbian jungle. With that whole prologue, like it has been said earlier, the film feels very Saturday morning cartoon-ish.

Eggie fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Dec 2, 2011

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

I saw American Werewolf In Paris a few years back and thought it was entertaining. It got points for naked breasts. Never saw the American Werewolf In London film but I'll assume the two have little in common. Paris seems like the kind of film I'd go back and find it's either mediocre or just bad, but not terrible.

I was going to check out the Benicio del Toro Wolfman film before hearing it go bad reviews. Werewolves don't really get a lot of good films and I wonder why.

Eggie fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 8, 2011

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

I half-watched Red Riding Hood while my sister put it on. It goes for style over substance, but it doesn't even have style. It uses the colour red strongly, but that gets old after ten minutes. The director directed Twilight and took many things from the series, including a love triangle with brooding anti-heroes. However, while the first Twilight film, eh, I can find a few good things about it, Red Riding Hood is in many ways a terrible film. Gary Oldman can't even save it.

The whole twist on Red Riding Hood with the wolf being a werewolf isn't really a twist anymore since it's been done so many times the idea has become it's own story.

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

You could say Fritz The Cat was well-received (it has a 56 on RT). However, everyone I've ever spoken to hates the film. Probably for the same reason I do. There might be some value in the film somewhere, but I can't see it behind pigdick and crowtits. I can't even remember most of the plot. I can't remember a lot of the dialogue- there's some talk in the middle about the old days of black exploitation. This movie just comes off too strongly. It's discomforting.

Eggie fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

I saw Bakshi's American Pop a few times and enjoyed it. It's knee-deep into American culture like Fritz the Cat, but with less crow knockers. It's not excellent, but a good movie.

Wizards? Didn't think that one was very good. It tried too hard to be dark, but had a clumsy execution. And the animation was awkward and cheesy.

• Locked thread