Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Captain Capacitor posted:

Does anyone have a suggestion for a podcast that's a pen-and-paper game, only not D&D? I know of the 13th age podcast, but I'm looking for others not in the D&D system.

Campaign is a 40+ episode campaign playing Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, and it's the best actual play podcast being made right now. I say this as a person who loves the one I make and listens to plenty of others: http://www.oneshotpodcast.com/category/campaign/campaign-podcast/

A scumbag smuggler who is probably illiterate, a bounty hunter with a romance novel addiction and no regard for human life, and an ex clone trooper/drug-addicted ghost hunter try to raise a five-year-old orphan as they run from the budding Empire. It includes a roughly even mix of firefights, deception, diversions, and breadsticks. The crew is made of Chicago-trained improvisers and it carries over in a great way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Rick posted:

I'll check that one out. I'll check yours out too if you link it.

BLAMMO http://feats.podbean.com/

Featuring a 70+ session fantasy campaign that's starting to wrap up, interspersed with one-shots and miniseries' of various other games. I recommend Goblin Quest, Night Witches, and World Wide Wrestling.

It also has a dedicated thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3561713

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Tiggum posted:

I really like Sunday School Dropouts. I also like Chipod Ironicast, but I'm not sure if it's still going or not.

We keep recording them every month. I think eventually Chip is going to drop the entire backlog at once.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

KillerQueen posted:

I just got a job where I got a lot of free ear-time, what are some good Night Vale-esque pods?

Unwell is an audio drama that just launched a week or two ago. It bills itself as "midwestern gothic" and is about a young woman moving into her estranged mother's boarding house in a small Ohio town that's creepy in all the ways small Ohio towns are, plus a few extra ones. It's from the same production company as Our Fair City, if you're familiar with that show.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

It's a term that's older than podcasts, and yeah that's basically how it started. Then it carried over when people started putting out recordings in podcast form, and from there to the popular shows.