Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

indigi posted:

I doubt we'll ever have Adam Scott Bot getting activated by Alan Rickman in this format

a worthy uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Creflo Chronicle posted:

I really like Tim and Eric and I enjoyed this one all the way through :ohdear:

I don't even like Tim and Eric that much and I agree. The "4 Quarters of Success" had me cracking up on the bus.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I thought the bit in the Ronna and Beverly episode about Scott Aukerman's wife having giant breasts was just a joke :stare:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

"people can go to the earwolf store and see pictures of the shirts, including my wife wearing them you sons of bitches"

my wife

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I can say with no exaggeration that this will be the greatest success in human history.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

CaptBushido posted:

WOULD YOU RATHER...

a) Force a CBB fan who has not seen all of Mr. Show to watch that before anything else?

or

b) Force someone who hasn't seen any Breaking Bad to watch that before anything else?

Probably Breaking Bad so they can get caught up in time for the final season, which starts in July.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

CaptBushido posted:

I'm sorry, you voted early. I'm going to have to dock you points.

My hat is under the floor :(

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I thought they were mustard packets.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Jing it. That's Will. Ding it. That's Will. Ding it. That's Will. Ding it. That's Will. Jing it. That's Will.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Scott Aukerman singing "Wipeout" will never not make me cry on the bus.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

The weird like "OOoooooOOOhhhhh baby" parts he threw in at the end made it for me.

That's his Big Bopper impression.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Coco13 posted:

I guess this must have been just me, but I thought Jordan Peele did a hell of a reference when he said he had a 'no concur policy,' which made me think of an 'open door policy.' It was kind of the way he said it, and I'm also making things up.

No, that was definitely a reference, and it was terrific. Also, he ragged on Gillian for voting too early.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Farts and Procreation is an abosulte must, as it gives you a great primer for Harris Wittels.

And once you've been introduced to Harris Wittels, you've gotta listen to every episode of Analyze Phish.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grWbiRelPC4

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Lamuella posted:

The moment Tim came on and I got what his gimmick was going to be, I skipped the rest of the episode. I get it, I just find it loving ruins everything it touches.

Hey everybody, get a load of The Dope!

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

So I checked out How Did This Get Made after seeing Scott was as a guestt as part of the lead-up tithe CBB show and absolutely loved it. Are there any othe great podcasts I'm missing out on in the vein of CBB and Doug loves Movies? I'm aware of Who Charted, but I'm not a music fan at all (movie/comedy kind of guy, what a shocker), is it for me? What's the other Earwolf shows like?

(Also, link your favorite episode if there are hidden gems)

I've only listened to the most recent episode of Improv4Humans (the one with Adam McKay as a guest) but it was pretty great.

Even if you aren't a music fan, you absolutely must listen to every episode of Analyze Phish (it's listed under "Earwolf Presents"). Do it. Right now.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

WoG posted:

Psst... the first ~20 mins are just Scott and Ben.
The phone call to Wyclef Jean had me cracking up as I walked past a crowded outdoor cafe.

emgeejay fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 26, 2012

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Followed now by an excellent plug bag closing song

Closing up the plug bag
Closing up the plug bag

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

LockHeart posted:

I liked the Ben Schwartz "folly artist plug bag closing noise" more

I'm disappointed that they only reused it once :(

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

indigi posted:

I've skipped or stopped in the middle of more episodes in the past two months than ever before and it really proves they've significantly dipped in quality. See, I can do that too!

NEW NO-NO: If you can stop listening to podcasts, well, uh, guess what: I should be able to stop listening to your podcast!

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Mob posted:

by this you obviously mean all his characters are hits--

Yeah.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Popelmon posted:

Well he literally has all the time in the world.

I need more time than that!

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

The best part was Amy laughing every time to Adomian going off on some tangent.

Pretty much everybody was cracking up all episode. I loved it.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

deadkiller615 posted:

What did she answer that needed to be scripted? Nothing seemed that crazy of an answer.
She came up with the answer to that lateral thinking puzzle, but it might be fairly well-known.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

indigi posted:

I don't know if that's sarcastic but Scott's said that he and Neil Campbell script all those stupid little bits/games

Well, I mean, it's scripted in the sense that asking Jason the easy questions and Amy the hard ones was probably going to always make them react in the way that they did (because they get the joke).

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

indigi posted:

Yeah I'm sure that's what Scott meant when he said he and Neil write those bits well done my friend

Jing it or Ding it was RIGGED

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

She's too busy doing Marshall's commercials to do a regular podcast.

And after that, she's going to Houston's.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

Ride Like Hell

Despicableme2

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

I just got a cold shill vizualising this dystopian future.
My newly transformed beachfront property will be a small consolation of this horrible world.
Oooooooh, baaaaaay-bee

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18-KQ_wF2e8

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Fallom posted:

One of my favorite things is when Scott takes a moment to say "I make it a point not to bring up politics on this show but listen, this Obama guy has got to go, right? Can we all agree on that? I mean, come ON."

There's just something so hilariously absurd about it whenever he does it.

You mean President Obamacare?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

cams posted:

That was a beautiful moment. Scott finally found a kindred spirit.

my wife

Judd Apatow never, ever noticing was wonderful.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

This had me laughing.

I don't remember the Star Trek one, but I assume the joke is that they were saying "My ___" to everything except "Worf"?

Tim Heidecker was on the episode to promote his Star Trek stand-up routine or something, and they were stealing his bit.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I made sure to write a mini-essay about how terrible those Pepsi Next ads they tried awhile ago were.
They know. Believe me, they know.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

There's a new iPhone app called "Say the Same Thing" that's basically What Am I Thinking: The Home Game.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

piratepilates posted:

Too long I'm sure.
I think that was What Am I Thinking's original title

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Scott hasn't said anything about the premiere date for season 2 of CBB, has he?

July 12.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

kdrudy posted:

I like it just to hear June be completely bamboozled by the most random things in the movies.

Guys? Guys.

What is a street fighter.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

wafflesnsegways posted:

I never heard about that before. I googled a little and I guess it was going to be called Mr. Blow. What wa the story with it?

Episode 168 of CBB has Bob Odenkerk on it, and he plays a few of the sketches they recorded for Mr. Blow. I'm pretty sure he talks about why it didn't go forward, but I don't remember it being a very interesting story. They probably just thought it wasn't very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

cams posted:

You're Gil.

Lon Gunderwear? :confused: