Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks

hot sauce posted:

Does he talk about his heart surgeries and recent recovery? Hes had a rough couple years

Yeah they go into it a bit. He talks about how he's only seen 1 doctor and is now looking at stem cells. Joe was eager to give him some numbers. Poor Ron only got diagnosed a few days prior about a new problem with some more discs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Bill Burr dragging Rogan for his stance on masks is hilarious. As is how insecure Rogan really is.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Joe going completely silent when Bill argued "we're two guys with no medical qualifications between us, so I take the sensible route of just doing what all the actual doctors in the CDC tell me to" is fantastic. Cuz even Joe realizes that logic is completely bulletproof and if he did argue, he'd look even dumber than usual.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Joe going completely silent when Bill argued "we're two guys with no medical qualifications between us, so I take the sensible route of just doing what all the actual doctors in the CDC tell me to" is fantastic. Cuz even Joe realizes that logic is completely bulletproof and if he did argue, he'd look even dumber than usual.

Its also pretty telling that his attitude to it changed when he realised he hadn't and likely wouldn't be impacted by it. Now all of a sudden wearing a mask is a "bitch move".

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

Today I learned the terrible actor who played chris on the sopranos is just as annoying IRL

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He was pretty great playing the Witcher.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

It was kinda dumb on Joes part to, right off the bat, make a lovely general statement about actors with one (well, 2 I guess) sitting right across from him, but Michael Imperioli did seem a bit aloof.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

tiny mexican thieves everywhere hahahah what the gently caress I cannot stop laughing

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

DrVenkman posted:

Its also pretty telling that his attitude to it changed when he realised he hadn't and likely wouldn't be impacted by it. Now all of a sudden wearing a mask is a "bitch move".

I missed this episode, but I did hear the recent one with Jon Stewart (which was great) where Joe said he was not being serious and was just trying to get a rise out of Burr.

Dont know whether thats credible, but he at least seems on board with masks now, at least.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

vote_no posted:

I missed this episode, but I did hear the recent one with Jon Stewart (which was great) where Joe said he was not being serious and was just trying to get a rise out of Burr.

Dont know whether thats credible, but he at least seems on board with masks now, at least.
It's slowly occuring to his boxer brain that some of his libertarian ideals are not the most resourceful, and that states in fact exist for a reason.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Was it the Burr episode where Joe said he thinks Comedy Clubs should be considered essential services and remain open during the pandemic because people need to laugh?

I don't remember which one it was, but I promptly went "Nope. Too stupid for me." and turned it off. May have been a joke, might not have been. Dumb take anyways.

Been a few of those lately, where Joe or the guest get going on some 'MUH FREEDUMBS' tangent with bad info gleaned from the chud end of Twitter and Facebook, and I just end up ditching the episode.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I kinda enjoyed Burr calling him on his BS. It was somewhat refreshing Burr saying "Dude, you don't know what the gently caress you're talking about, c'mon man"

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

enjoy a rewatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSKVXl-WnrA

johncandy
Jun 29, 2020

by Athanatos
Who would have thought having guests like Russell Simmons and Hannibal Buress would be boring as gently caress?

I can't tell you how not interested I am to hear about how much fun sparring is and which of your comedian buddy you saw at the store.

Its funny how some guest comedians can make a funny show and others just wanted to jack each other off. Like when Tom Segura or Mark Normand were on, holy poo poo I am crying.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This was like 4 years ago or something, but you remember the one with Joey Diaz and... I think Tom segura where he told the "He's changing flavors!" story and how Rogan looks like he's about to legit die laughing?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Any story where literally the first line is Joey asking "Did I tell you about the time I didn't poo poo for a week and a half because I got addicted to Steak-Umms?" is immediate solid gold.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i had to google steam umms and one of the things that popped up was a 22bux cheesesteak on goldbelly delivered from pats in philly, man what kind of a dumb gently caress would buy poo poo from that website :v:

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

johncandy posted:

Who would have thought having guests like Russell Simmons and Hannibal Buress would be boring as gently caress?

I can't tell you how not interested I am to hear about how much fun sparring is and which of your comedian buddy you saw at the store.

Its funny how some guest comedians can make a funny show and others just wanted to jack each other off. Like when Tom Segura or Mark Normand were on, holy poo poo I am crying.

Joey Diaz' podcast is bad for this. Sometimes there's a great guest on and they just sit their mute while Joey rambles on enough THC to kill a horse and keeps losing his train of thought.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Every time I check out a random Joey Diaz podcast clip it's exactly that, people way too high to be anywhere other than on their couch just staring at the wall or table

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Listening to Joey Diaz ramble on for an hour each podcast does make for excellent background noise

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

*slowly wipes drool from mouth*

Joe Rogan did I evah tell you about tha time I done a 8 ball at tha comedy store and sexually menaced Chelsea Handler? Dogg, I'm a savage

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

any JRE guest's podcasts goons would recommend?

Your Mom's House isn't good in audio-only form. same goes for their Dr. Drew After Dark show. Good stuff IMO but you wanna watch that on YouTube. Too many video references in it

Bill Burr's Monday Morning podcast is good. Joey Diaz's sucks as we all seem to agree. Duncan Trussell makes pre-show ads very entertaining, but for some reason I find those more memorable than the podcast itself. He's had a few good guests. I remember liking Daniele Bolelli

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

any JRE guest's podcasts goons would recommend?

Your Mom's House isn't good in audio-only form. same goes for their Dr. Drew After Dark show. Good stuff IMO but you wanna watch that on YouTube. Too many video references in it

Bill Burr's Monday Morning podcast is good. Joey Diaz's sucks as we all seem to agree. Duncan Trussell makes pre-show ads very entertaining, but for some reason I find those more memorable than the podcast itself. He's had a few good guests. I remember liking Daniele Bolelli
Lex Fridman's Artificial Intelligence podcast is solid. I don't listen to all of them because some are really technical nerd interviews about computer stuff and machine learning (which might be great if that's your thing). But he also interviews Just Plain Smart people like Garry Kasparov and asks outstandingly good questions.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

If you like Bert Kreischer, he has three podcasts. The Bertcast is usually good. The BillBurt podcast (with Bill Burr) is pretty entertaining, and 2 Bears 1 Cave with Tom Segura is almost always hilarious.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Zugzwang posted:

Lex Fridman's Artificial Intelligence podcast is solid. I don't listen to all of them because some are really technical nerd interviews about computer stuff and machine learning (which might be great if that's your thing). But he also interviews Just Plain Smart people like Garry Kasparov and asks outstandingly good questions.

I second Lex Fidman' AI podcast.

funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002

Zugzwang posted:

Thirded. This is an excellent podcast.

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012
Tim Dillons podcast is amazing

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Remind me again what Lex Fridman's views on the singularity are? Does he, like most, predict apocalypse or merely tumultuous change?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Tuesdays with Stories is excellent.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

BB2K posted:

Tim Dillons podcast is amazing

If we're veering towards it, I will mention Cum Town

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012
Cum town at its best is the best podcast there is

But Tim Dillon's show is closer to what a Rogan fan might like I feel

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

BB2K posted:

Cum town at its best is the best podcast there is

But Tim Dillon's show is closer to what a Rogan fan might like I feel

So cum town, but you don't have to pay extra to their patreon if you're racist?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Cum Town routinely makes me laugh so hard I have to pause it, but it has also poisoned my sense of humor.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Surprised to see Rogan push back on some of Ben Shapiro's bullshit. He must've been making GBS threads himself when Jamie pulled up that video of Colin Kapernack explaining why he decided to take a knee.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/CornettoOne/status/1274741025362202624?s=19

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I just watched the clip of Post Malone comparing getting fined for not wearing a mask to getting in trouble in school for not tucking in his shirt.

Joe finally had a guest on that made him look smart in comparison.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

il serpente cosmico posted:

I just watched the clip of Post Malone comparing getting fined for not wearing a mask to getting in trouble in school for not tucking in his shirt.

My IQ is 134 and I love @joerogan. Criticizing something you admit to having literally zero experience of other than (possible) 3rd party info seems to me to be a great example of what DUMB really is. Now call me a racist / anti trans / homophobe / whatever it is this week..

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

My IQ is 134 and I love @joerogan. Criticizing something you admit to having literally zero experience of other than (possible) 3rd party info seems to me to be a great example of what DUMB really is. Now call me a racist / anti trans / homophobe / whatever it is this week..

if your IQ is 134, how come you only have 48 followers? My IQ is 48 and I have over 100 followers

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

il serpente cosmico posted:

I mean you'd just need a picture of Mr. Malone for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Joe's latest sees him on a bad comedown talking some copaganda.