Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Spall Talk
spalltalk.blogspot.com
RSS Feed
Comedy/Film Discussion
Updates every other week

At the beginning of 2017, my brother and I began a podcast where we discussed movies featuring Timothy Spall because of a pun I made on Twitter. Now we've just released our 25th episode. Every other week, we watch a film featuring Timothy Spall, and get into an often tangential conversation about it, sometimes with guests. It's in the vein of I Don't Even Own A Television in that we try to mix humor and criticism/discussion, as well as the fact that we've borrowed heavily from their episode structure.

I'd recommend first listening to episode 24, on 2017's The Journey, as an introduction, both because it's our first podcast of 2018 and because it features guest Shannon Strucci, host of So You Want To Be A Film Nerd. Aside from that standouts include our episodes on The Last Samurai (Episode 9), Sucker (Episode 16), The Damned United (Episode 17), Jackboots On Whitehall (Episode 19), Reuniting The Rubins (Episode 21), and our latest episode (Episode 25), about Vanilla Sky. The audio quality is admittedly inconsistent at best, but onward and upward.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Spall Talk
spalltalk.blogspot.com
RSS Feed
Comedy/Film Discussion
Updates every other week

Episode 26 - Gothic: Off That Laud ft. Jenna Ipcar

Jenna Ipcar of Back Row Cinema Blog joins us to talk about 1986's Gothic, a film that follows Lord Byron, Percy Shelley, Mary Shelley, and two of their less famous friends as they take drugs, read books, get horny, and summon some sort of demon over a weekend in Switzerland.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Spall Talk
spalltalk.blogspot.com
RSS Feed
Comedy/Film Discussion
Updates every other week

Episode 27: Early Man: Comet Ping Pong Theater ft. Ben Holland

On the Spall Talk Oscar Special, we talk about whether Eddie Redmayne is attractive, The Click Theory, the Akira Yoshida debacle, Wes Anderson's talent at making mixtapes, Did Johnny Knoxville Ever Play Elvis?, the relative merits of the theater experience, and Why The Oscars Should Be Abolished with Ben Holland, as well as 2018's Early Man, an Aardman claymation comedy about prehistoric Mancunians playing soccer.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Spall Talk
spalltalk.blogspot.com
RSS Feed
Also available on the Black Squirrel Radio Soundcloud
Comedy/Film Discussion
Updates every other week

Episode 28: Upside Down: Pissbusters ft. Trevor "@Hegelbon" Strunk

No Cartridge's Trevor Strunk joins us on the latest Spall Talk to discuss Smash Mouth, Owl City, the Flat Earth Sandwich, Kinka Usher Moments, Biblical symbolism, pee pee, doo doo, and the fact that 2013's Upside Down, which is basically an abandoned YA novel about a romance between two worlds with opposing gravity, is a bad movie.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 17, 2018

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Spall Talk
spalltalk.blogspot.com
RSS Feed
Comedy/Film Discussion
Updates every other week

Episode 29: Spallumbine

I'm not on this one, but Eric and Brooke do a decent job discussing Mike Leigh's Life Is Sweet, as well as Liam Neeson, JFK conspiracy theorists, and an amazing Columbine-related high school anecdote.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Spall Talk
spalltalk.blogspot.com
RSS Feed
Description: The only podcast where two siblings talk about the life and career of Timothy Spall.
Comedy/Film Discussion
Updates every other week

Recent Episodes:

Episode 30: Poltercast

On this episode, we have Andrew Ihla, creator of Obsidian National Forest, on the pod to attempt to discuss 2015's The Enfield Haunting, but we end up discussing American Horror Story, what cartoon characters Jordan Peterson looks like, Morrisey being racist again, why the Danish love Young Americans, what it would be like if a house was haunted by a podcast, the Hoobastank Hooburrito and other branded burritos, Carly Rae Jepsen songs for people who haven't been able to get into Carly Rae Jepsen, gently caress we talk about a lot in this one, Dog With A Blog, other languages' versions of The Bye Bye Man, Steven King, whether Unkle Adams can run for president, fear of contractors, the complicated history of Frank Oz, the Achewood about British Celebs, Oasis, the X-Files, and the intellectual debate on gaming that mainstream press is ignoring.

Episode 31: Father Stretch My Mouth

We have Hannah on to talk The King's Speech, as well as pro wrestling, 2 Chainz, and what is up with Kanye.

Episode 32: You're Making That Word Up

We have Jacob Dickey, from Jacob And David's Bracketiatry Bracketacular, on to discuss 2016's Denial, a film about a Holocaust denier. Thankfully, we avoid being extremely tasteless as we talk about IMDB, Christopher Hitchens, and a simply beautiful Inspector Gadget story.

Episode 33: Eric Jacoby, Super Fool

On this episode of Spall Talk, we have Matthew Olienechak on to discuss 1998's The Wisdom Of Crocodiles, a vampire film where Jude Law pulls crystals out of his urethra.

Episode 34: Spallo

Jen from Have You Seen This? joins the pod for our foray into Spallout Culture, where while discussing Mike Leigh's 1999 film Topsy-Turvy, we put many things on blast, including: Chipotle, Yankee Doodle Dandy, theater kids, Gilbert And Sullivan, The West Wing, Filk, Jonathan Coulton, and MC Frontalot, Mic Dicta, America's best named legal podcast, Criterion, and me for spending so much money on Criterion, Don Pardo, Skype, James Franco, Pony by Ginuwine, J.G. Wentworth, the weather, Ace Ventura, Operettas, Moulin Rouge, Whoever looks like a younger Bob Balaban and works for GSN, Baggage, and Filmstruck.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Spall Talk
spalltalk.blogspot.com
RSS Feed
Description: The only podcast where two siblings talk about the life and career of Timothy Spall.
Comedy/Film Discussion
Updates monthly, hopefully

Episode 38: Love's Labour's Lost: THIRTEEN MILLION DOLLARS ft @schneidremarks

On this episode, Vargo of Breaking Mayberry, from the post immediately preceding this one, drops by to discuss Kenneth Branagh's version of 15:17 To Paris, Love's Labour's Lost. We don't care for it.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 15, 2019

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Spall Talk/Mature Listeners
RSS Feed
Description: Spall Talk, the only podcast where two siblings talk about the life and career of Timothy Spall, is on hiatus, and in its place is Mature Listeners, wherein Niel (I Before E) and Shane (NienNunb) discuss the life and death of Vertigo Comics.
Comedy/Film/Comics/Wrestling Misc Discussion
Updates every other week

E:whoops

I Before E fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Sep 14, 2019

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Description: Spall Talk, the only podcast where two siblings talk about the life and career of Timothy Spall, is on hiatus, and in its place is Mature Listeners, wherein Niel (I Before E) and Shane (NienNunb) discuss the life and death of Vertigo Comics.
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 5: Preacher Part 1: Garth Ennis Is Hopepunk ft. @kamenrideruno

Controversial poster Benghazi 2 joins us to discuss the first 12 issues of Preacher, how much The Matrix kicks rear end, the Fast And Furious movies, and Tom King Batman.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 6: Army@Love Part 1: The Second Lieutenant Is The One Who Has To Use The Madcatz

On this episode, Niel and Teen Comedian Chad Weaver provide first impressions on Rick Veitch's Army@Love in preparation for the upcoming episode covering the full series. Here, they talk about Chad's first experience with comics, that ad you saw during Smackdown in like 2007 that had a marine fighting the balrog, and Southland Tales.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 7: Army@Love Pt 2: Do You Wanna Know How I Got These Stamps? ft @Weaverchad

On this episode, Chad returns to bear witness as Shane inveighs against Army@Love, before discussing 2007 culture, the new Joker movie and Niel's perfect take on it, ringtones, and The Big Lie, the 9/11 truth effortpost comic Veitch made.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Here are two podcasts I do.

Game Shows, I Suppose

URL | Apple | Google |
Spotify | RSS

Genre: Niche Pop Culture Podcast - Game Shows
Release Schedule: Weekly - Wednesdays
Duration: 90 Minutes - 120 Minutes
Social Media: My Personal Twitter

Each week, I discuss the breaking news of game shows and reality-competition shows, invite guests on to talk about one singular game show, and we break down pieces and parts of everything from the rules to the hosting. There is also a "Pricing Game Spotlight", a 110-part series looking at every pricing game on "The Price is Right" and the occasional game show review, whenever there is a new format to find.

Recent episodes included "Hellevator", "Fun House", and "Tough Enough"

Fun Time Calls

AnchorFM
RSS
and Twitch

Genre: One of those "friends that bullshit around and record their skype calls
Release Schedule: Weekly - Saturdays
Duration: 60 Minutes - 90 Minutes
Social Media: Fun Time Calls Twitter

Mostly food, video game, and movie discussion, tons of bits where all three hosts antagonize each other. We decided to recently record on Twitch Saturdays (sometimes Sundays) the show with a pre-show and post-show if time allows.

Currently, there is a bonus podcast where I recap DC Universe's "Titans" Season 2. I get very confused, very fast.

Anyway, some goons have stopped by in earlier episodes. I hope you tune in!

I was on the Tough Enough episode!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Episode 8: Preacher Part 2: It's Just A Theory, A Plane Theory ft @kamenrideruno

On the latest Mature Listeners, Dickeye (Benghazi 2) returns to the pod to cover more Preacher, and if you think we liked the last set of Preacher issues, you're going to be surprised by our reaction to these, because this is very much a mixed bag. We also talk about Keanu Reeves, The Lighthouse, and 9/11.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 9: Preacher Part 3: When John Cena Does The U Can't See Me, That's Him Waving To ISIS ft @kamenrideruno

On the latest episode, Jessie (Benghazi 2) returns for a short episode going over Preacher Book 3, which includes one bad side mini and one fun one-shot alongside a story that is mainly recounting that side content. We also talk about John Cena, ISIS Member, The Sopranos, and High Hopes.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 22, 2019

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners Episode 10: Preacher Part 4: Denying Genocide As A Bit (Social Experiment) w/Judge Jessie

On the latest Mature Listeners, Jessie (FKA Benghazi 2) returns to the pod to to talk about the part of Preacher with a nuke, Achewood, forums drama, and Chew. Niel does a kind of bad Joe Pera voice.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Vargo posted:

I have decided to actually listen to some of the podcasts posted in this thread, goons. Tell me what your best episodes/best jumping on point is so I can pay attention to this thing you made.

For Mature Listeners I'd recommend our two part set on Seaguy and Seaguy: Slaves Of Mickey Eye with Dominic Griffin of Armchair Auteur

Part 1
Part 2

And for Spall Talk, I could recommend the one you were on, but I'll forgo flattery and recommend our coverage of:

The King's Speech, with Hannah
The Enfield Haunting, with Andrew Ilha
Upside Down, with Trevor "Hegelbon" Strunk
Vanilla Sky with Shane
The Journey, with Shannon Strucci

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 11: Doom Force #1: Playing TEW On Easy And Still Losing

On the new Mature Listeners, Niel and Shane discuss Doom Force, which is a comic about hurting Jim Lee's feelings, as well as Uncut Gems and professional wrestling.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 12: Hellblazer by Jamie Delano: Becoming The Judas In My Own Mind w/ Leslie Lee III

On this episode, we welcome Struggle Session's Leslie Lee III to the podcast to discuss Jamie Delano's Hellblazer, why Jimmy Havoc is bad, the best parts of X-Files, and being like the Terminator. Shane unleashes a take that makes me make a

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 13: Preacher Part 5: Speaking Of The Episode Title, Let's Get Back To Talking About Preacher w/Jessie

On this episode, Jessie returns to talk about Animal Crossing, Better Call Saul, wrestling in quarantine, early 20th century cartoons, Westerns, the sad experience of watching 2016 PWG in the context of 2020, and the bit in Preacher that finally gets to doing what Jessie kept telling us Preacher was going to do eventually.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners Riffs: Surviving Edged Weapons: Thornton Wilder's Hard R Town w/Judge Jessie

Cw: descriptions of violence, references to sexual assault, knife culture
On this experimental, a word here meaning "lazy", episode, Judge Jessie returns to live riff Surviving Edged Weapons, a movie that they show cops to teach them how to be racist around knives, as well as John Cena vs The Fiend at Wrestlemania 36. You can sync these episodes up to the source material, but I would not recommend it because the John Cena match isn't very good and Surviving Edged Weapons has a lot of pictures of actual knife wounds, and that's not vibes. But what is vibes is listening to us talk about which cops use the N word (all of them) as well as a lot of other tangential things.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 14: Preacher Finale: Lane Bryant For Hypebeasts ft. Judge Jessie

We have finally finished Preacher, and in this episode, we celebrated with digressions on Batman pissing into himself, NJPW undercards in the Ustream era, snapbacks, and Kamen Rider, as well as an opinion so incendiary it makes Shane go orc mode.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 15: Transmetropolitan Volume 1: OK Stan Billy Crystal w/Buhrianmorgan

This is a chaotic one, as we talk about Letterboxd, Dusty Rhodes, and The Last Dance on our tangled path towards discussing Transmetropolitan, a very frustrating comic about what if the president was your bloody bollocks.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 16: Cruel And Unusual: The WSX Of Comics w/@Hegelbon

Trevor from No Cartridge returns to the pod to discuss the ludology-narratology debate, having a cool beer on the porch on a warm evening, and a very involved WSX metaphor as we attempt to describe Tom Peyer, Jamie Delano, and John McCrea's dark comedy about prison abolition, Cruel And Unusual.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 17: Sandman Mystery Theater #1-12: When Queensbury 3:16 Meets Wilde 9mm Glock w/@LeavittAlone

On the latest episode, we discuss Sandman Mystery Theater, which is a comic that has 4 good issues, 4 mediocre issues, and 4 awful issues in its first collection, and we bring on artist, activist, and historical aficionado John Leavitt to chat about it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 18: Transmetropolitan Vol. 2: The Aquarium ft @EveningJessie and @buhrianmorgan

Content note: in this episode we discuss the sexual misconduct allegations against Warren Ellis. We try to avoid going into unnecessary detail that may trigger survivors of similar abuse while still communicating the substance of the allegations, but nothing we could say could take the place of the testimonies given by the signatories at https://somanyofus.com. Please read those testimonies at your own pace.

In this episode, Jessie and Brian join us to discuss more Transmetropolitan, how the reaction to this work was instrumental in creating the fan community Ellis would go on to exploit, and what genuine insights make this book compelling enough even today that it could create that sort of community. We also do a draft of our favorite cinema snacks because we need something to talk about that doesn't make us extremely despondent about the failures of institutions to protect those who trust them.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 19: Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol Part 1: Failson Dipshit Cody w/@AllNewDom

Dom from The Armchair Auteur rejoins us for the first of a series of episodes on Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol, and if you don't like wrestling, skip the first uhhhhhhhhhh hour? We also talk about Tom King Batman, The Snyder Cut, and Timothy Dalton as James Bond. We also draft our favorite iced cream treats.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Spall Talk/Mature Listeners/Goof Troupe
RSS Feed
Description: Spall Talk, the only podcast where two siblings talk about the life and career of Timothy Spall, is on hiatus, and in its place is Mature Listeners, wherein Niel (I Before E) and Shane (NienNunb) discuss the life and death of Vertigo Comics, and we're spinning that off as well into Goof Troupe, a comedy movie double feature podcast
Updates every other week

Goof Troupe 2: Muppet Movie/Phantom Of The Paradise: Paul Williams Can Do It All

On the latest Goof Troupe, Brian, Shane, and Niel get into Kel Mitchell direct to DVD projects, big piles of pornography, Niel's Grand Taxonomy Of Basketball and whether Lebron James is a prick or an rear end in a top hat, and how bad Shane is at hiding what his Christmas gifts are as we discuss Paul Williams' masterworks, Phantom Of The Paradise and The Muppet Movie. We also discuss what we'd pitch for an HBO Max themed amusement park and get very nostalgic for movie theaters.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Description: Spall Talk, the only podcast where two siblings talk about the life and career of Timothy Spall, is on hiatus, and in its place is Mature Listeners, wherein Niel (I Before E) and Shane (NienNunb) discuss the life and death of Vertigo Comics, and we're spinning that off as well into Goof Troupe, a comedy movie double feature podcast
Updates every other week

Goof Troupe 3: On Cinema At The Cinema: The Comedy/Entertainment

On the latest Goof Troupe, Brian, Niel, and Shane discuss homophobic T-shirts, Chuck Berry, and which Richard E. Grant movies are "pogged up" as part of a discussion of Rick Alverson's The Comedy and Entertainment.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 22: Rachel Pollack's Doom Patrol Part 1: America's Funniest Confirmed Kills

On the latest Mature Listeners, we discuss anime, Epic Deadwood, and clam diarrhea, as well as the first 11 issues of Rachel Pollack's Doom Patrol.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Goof Troupe 4: Austin Powers 1/2/3: The First Time Ever I Saw Goatse

On a new Goof Troupe, we go to the edge of sanity, discussing the merits of the city of Chicago, getting viruses from Stumbleupon, and Adam Curtis as part of a three hour retrospective of the Austin Powers series.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Goof Troupe Episode 7: When Will You Fremen Learn That Your Actions Have Consequences?

On the latest Goof Troupe, Shane, Niel, and Brian discuss Brewster McCloud and Playtime, two delightful 60s comedies, as well as the new Dune, Billions, and the Monster Draft, in which we draft our own monster teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Mature Listeners/Goof Troupe
RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Goof Troupe 8: Grandma's Boy/First Person Shooter: LiNux James ft. @Hegelbon

On a new Goof Troupe, Trevor Strunk of No Cartridge returns to discuss his new book Story Mode (available where in stock at all fine booksellers), the NBA, being "in the know" about pro wrestling, and who Mulder and Scully would have voted for during a discussion of 2000's X-Files episode First Person Shooter and the 2006 Happy Madison comedy Grandma's Boy.