Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Michaellaneous posted:

All games need to be realistic. Even if that makes them dull and boring. No loving fun allowed!

Why can't the readiation have turned the world into an extreme lush and colorfull places, with small flowers suddenly mutating and becoming huge? Does it have to be grey and brown?

No. No it doesn't need to be.

I mean

those are kind of the colors that Fallout be

If you have a problem with it hop in your time machine and go yell at interplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Michaellaneous posted:

No I will just play a better game, thanks.

sick, bro

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
with all the crazy city stuff and the fact that the logo looks way less like a rusted piece of poo poo than 3/NV I wonder if part of the theme of the game is going to be the world actually getting its poo poo back together

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kurtofan posted:

Looks to me this is a prequel, why'd they have all those flashback scenes otherwise?

Maybe Vault 111 is the one that got the cryogenic freezing tubes I don't know

I definitely don't get "prequel", the Boston area probably did not have actual cities and loving airships up and running years before the DC area's hot choices for civilization included "hanging out around an unexploded bomb"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There's a goddamn "NOW LEASING" sign on that building

finally, the real estate market has returned

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So, wait a sec

Wasn't that Fallout 3 quest with the android all about how MIT was pumping out realistic robot men

e: dangit oxyclean

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I wonder if the now leasing sign + the garage hideout is implying you can get a house

like an actual non-lovely house with upgrade elements

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the protagonist being an android would be too rad to actually happen

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
They could just ditch stimpaks and crafting food and poo poo entirely and let you craft field repairs for yourself

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

It wouldn't be too far fetched by any means that someone implanted memories into an android and stuck them in a vault with a bunch of humans to monitor it's progress, sort of like David from Prometheus and after all the humans died or whatnot the protagonist is like gently caress it, let's explore.

stop making me excited for this thing that won't happen

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
on the slim chance android protagonist does happen I want an early game quest that is essentially the final scene of Fallout 3 and you can just salsa dance into the irradiated chamber hit the button and then backflip on out

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

fennesz posted:

What makes you folks think the protagonist is going to be an android? The power armor?

oh he's probably not it'd just be neat since boston is where they make androids and there's that one blade runner-as-gently caress alley in the trailer

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Yaos posted:

That's Vault 11 you baka.

hidoi yo, yaos-senpai

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
let's be real this game is probably still going to cost 150 million dollars

just wait for the stunt casting

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
norman reedus schedule just opened the gently caress up get him in here

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Zzulu posted:

animations dont have much to do with the engine, you can thank bethesda animators for those

the true test will be if we see someone run, suddenly stop, then start rotating

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Where is this voiced protagonist thing coming from?

he talks to the dog at the end

given that he says the line and then SMASH CUT to logo it's possible that was the stinger, the reveal of a voiced protagonist

but no one knows for sure and we probably won't till E3

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sharkopath posted:

The leaked voice cast documents that also revealed it was in boston/the commonwealth and you would be playing as somebody who was around before the bombs dropped and witnessed them were doing a casting call for a male and female voiced protaganist also, if you want something more concrete.

oh well there u go then

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
eh Imp Zone ain't so bad

they're like your crazy uncle and sometimes he's cool and sometimes he shits all over your sofa but you can't stay mad at him because he buys your drugs

wait I lost track of that analogy

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

prometheusbound2 posted:

For some reason the news anchor in that trailer sounded a lot like Jon Hamm to me...

it's Perlman

I'm an expert

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I said come in! posted:

The reaction elsewhere on the internet has been overwhelmingly positive.

well yeah no one actually cares about graphics in a fallout game they care whether or not you can crouch around and shoot people in the dick

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MinibarMatchman posted:

thanks for reminding me we could have gotten dishonored 2 instead

let's be real

you weren't gonna get dishonored 2 either way

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I just want a Fallout game set in a location I'm familiar with.

East St. Louis is basically already a post-apocalyptic wasteland it's perfect.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
y'all ever seen that movie trespass where bill paxton fights ice t in a block of bombed out war torn east st. louis apartment buildings

just replace ice t with a super mutant and that could just be fallout 5

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Russian Fallout already exists it's called living in Russia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

khy posted:

I totally got confused and thought I was in the XCOM2 thread for a moment. What with all the people judging gameplay from a prerendered trailer.

well it's not prerendered