Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The first response I got when I talked about raising minimum wage was some pharmacy manager shithead saying "I have workers who don't deserve 5 much less 9/hr"

I don't even know where to begin with that statement :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Totally TWISTED posted:

Can people contribute articles / studies either for or against charter schools in the US? Stuck in my phone till tomorrow night and I'd like to get some reading material to a friend in politics on the subject.

http://jacobinmag.com/2013/02/disaster-capitalism-in-the-chicago-public-schools/ has plenty of good links within the article

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

FISHMANPET posted:

Why is it a bad idea for the Democrats to "negotiate" with the Republicanss? I had an argument with a coworker and his point was that they're all politicians they should figure it out and he wouldn't accept any reasoning that it's the Republicans that need to figure their poo poo out, nor could he understand why "negotiating" on whether or not the government should run and pay it's bills wasn't negotiating at all.

Can I burn down your house?

No

Just the 2nd floor?

No

Garage?

No

Let's talk about what I can burn down.

No

YOU AREN'T COMPROMISING!

• Locked thread