Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

I gotta take a leak. When I get back, we're doing body shots.

Rrail posted:

I'm sorry, I meant that's what THEY are saying, I don't really believe that.

Then just steer the argument to that point and bombard them with facts about welfare being more work then people seem to think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

Grifter posted:

I've heard a lot of arguments saying that welfare tends to lead to the "welfare mother" phenomenon that Reagan made up. Are there any good studies that apply to that concept? I'd also be interested in studies that look at straight up welfare fraud.

Although pretty outdatted read the poverty and welfare section of the Liberal FAQ linked in the OP.

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

There is a lack of welfare information in this thread.
Anyone have study/argument for "Welfare was never intended as a career opportunity".

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

Doug posted:

Anyone have some good links for facts and statistics about welfare? Especially if it breaks down differences between TANF and SNAP? It seems that's one of the biggest hot button issues around the office. It seems like all of the studies and statistics I've seen were all done in the 90s. Thanks!

Everyone I work with knows the poor take TANF and never work again. Something against this would help a lot.

• Locked thread