Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

The Hater posted:

Mods change my name to this please.

EDIT: except make Hawaii into Kawaii

Mods change my name to this game is going to own. Actually no don't do that, it would be weird. But this game is going to own, no matter what my name is. That's the name of the game (that's gonna own)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.
When this comes out, my main is Chie. There might be characters better suited to my play style. I don't care.

Chie is the greatest Persona character ever.

Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX-A2F6QKwQ

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

From MayonakaMidnight and also from 2ch, we have Mitsuru's combos, as from experimenters from the January loketest:

ALSO: ATLUS is shooting for an early March release for the arcade game. Go hogwild!

quote:

The first combo is

5/2A> 4hold6A/B
He says as soon as you see 5/2A connect follow up with a Coup Droit

4hold6A> 236236A/B
Basic super cancel, Coup Droit into Setsuna

5D~D> 5B> 2B> 2D~D> 236236C/D> 4hold6A
The second D is pulling the opponent in after the initial hit freezes them.

(Air to Air) j.A> j.D~D> land> j.A>j.C>jc>j.C
Air hit leading to a ground back to air combo

All Out AttackC> j.A> jc> j.A> 236236C/D 2.5k Dmg

All Out AttackC> j.A> jc> j.A> j.C (delay) 2.3k Dmg

j.D~D> 2B> 236236C/D> 5D~D> All Out Attack> 5A> j.A> jc> j.A> j.C 3.7k Dmg
I think he mentions at the end adding another Bufudyne makes the damage 5k

5Ax3> 2A> 4hold6A

5D> 4hold6A

5Ax3> 2A> 4hold6A・2C> 2hold8D
This one I dont get, how are you supposed to get a Marin Karin after a Droit? Maybe they mean do it after knock down and confirm with a D Bufula after the Marin connects

CH j.A> 2B> 236236C

4B> EX 4hold6A> 5Ax3> EX 4hold6A> 5A> 236236C 4k+ Dmg

I think the person mentions a loop involving EX Coup Droit is capable. Here is where they say that the loop can be done up to 3 times. And with a Bufudyne at the end it gets to about 5k Dmg

LightningKimba fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jan 27, 2012

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
edit: wrong thread

Megalixir fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 2, 2012

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

:siren: New animated trailer for the arcade game! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXBkiqZv9tk

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
Ugghhh gimme this game arc!!

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Friday Friday in the club on Friday, we we we so excited

Cinroth posted:

Ugghhh gimme this game arc!!

Wanna emptyquote this post until the end of 2012

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Trailer got me more hyped for the game. Come on, announce a US release! Also, I really hope the writers for the anime (it's actually pretty good, honest) are doing the story mode.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

So Atlus sent out an e-mail of what was seemingly a black rectangle, but some photoshop work indicates it's a teaser for Mayonaka Arena.

http://kotaku.com/5885885/looks-like-the-persona-fighting-game-is-coming-to-the-west

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

It's time to drop what you learned in school, and watch tutorials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwvTOlsXneg

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I'm very hyped for this game and personally can't wait to play Naoto and Aigis.

Is this the entire confirmed roster or are they not done announcing people?

I can still hope for Junpei, right? He has the best Ultimate Persona! I can believe he's in, right?

Right?

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Count Bleck posted:

I'm very hyped for this game and personally can't wait to play Naoto and Aigis.

Is this the entire confirmed roster or are they not done announcing people?

I can still hope for Junpei, right? He has the best Ultimate Persona! I can believe he's in, right?

Right?

There's only one NPC left in the game, or playable character. I'm judging this based on how there's one unknown section left for the Twitter icon page.

If anything, we'd be lucky to have Junpei and Yukari arrive in the game as DLC, or as console exclusives.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm still holding out hope for P1 and P2 character DLC packs but that's a pipe dream.

I'm guessing the last character is whoever the boss ends up being it's Tanaka

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

What engine will this arcade version be running on? Any chance of PC Emulation?

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Elephunk posted:

What engine will this arcade version be running on? Any chance of PC Emulation?

It runs on the Taito Type X2 system, according to Giant Bomb. I haven't heard any reports about anything PC-related, just that'll come out in Japan for the consoles in the summer. :shobon:

It also uses NESiCAxLive system for its online system, but... I don't know too much about game engines, sadly.

And before I forget, ArcSys launched their own site for the arcade version of the game here. There's also a section on the site called the Players Guild, where you may edit your profile, buy character colors and such via sending P$ (Persona Dollars, not Platinum Dollars apparently), view your ranking, search for other players, and get news info!

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
lol, one button combos.

Holy gently caress Teddy's voice in Japanese is so loving annoying.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007

LightningKimba posted:

It runs on the Taito Type X2 system, according to Giant Bomb. I haven't heard any reports about anything PC-related, just that'll come out in Japan for the consoles in the summer. :shobon:

It also uses NESiCAxLive system for its online system, but... I don't know too much about game engines, sadly.

If it's using Nesica then there's probably no chance of any PC emulation, since Nesica is a digital distribution thing for arcade games. For reference, none of the games that have used it so far have had emulatable PC versions.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Megalixir posted:

lol, one button combos.

Holy gently caress Teddy's voice in Japanese is so loving annoying.

It's practically unbearable.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Crappy Jack posted:

It's practically unbearable.

I can bearly believe you went there. That really is gonna make some people furious.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

randombattle posted:

I can bearly believe you went there. That really is gonna make some people furious.

Nah, I'm pretty sure nobody likes that voice.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
So the game has a Guilty Gear style burst and a alpha counter that takes life? Sure.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

So the game has a Guilty Gear style burst and a alpha counter that takes life? Sure.

I think there are actually normal Guard Cancels, and then also R Actions, which are the special moves that give yourself blue damage. I don't think R Actions can be used as GCs.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

And before I forget to link it, alt colors. Each character in the game apparently ha 8 colors...

Arcade mode has 4 stages in it, and Score Attack in this game has AI similar to BB's (From here).

Also this happened too:

LightningKimba fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 21, 2012

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

LightningKimba posted:

Also this happened too:

That name is disappointingly sensible.

Release date is August 7, according to Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007B7BHJ8

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Arcade release is March 1st. So we'll be seeing videos in about a week.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
I know it's really late, but I'm still hoping for Koromaru to at least make a cameo. I love that dog.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
So you can mash one button and get a full combo into a super. This isn't a easy mode option or anything, just something you can do.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Yu as Minato is awesome. I just wish there were more Megaten references in the colors. :(

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

darealkooky posted:

So you can mash one button and get a full combo into a super. This isn't a easy mode option or anything, just something you can do.

Sure, but it's a bad combo and basically just a thing for beginners to use anyway.

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Friday Friday in the club on Friday, we we we so excited

Eeevil posted:

Nah, I'm pretty sure nobody likes that voice.

Step off hater

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

PunkBoy posted:

Yu as Minato is awesome. I just wish there were more Megaten references in the colors. :(

I don't have the pic anymore, BUT! there are more color references based on the Persona cast, like how one of Aigis' alts is based on Metis and Psyche.
Yosuke has Eikichi, Chie has Yukari (Which means Yukari might not be in the game at all for consoles? I have no clue), Yukiko has Chidori, Kanji has Baofu, Teddie gains the appearance of Jack Frost, Naoto has Yukino, Mitsuru has Maya, and Akihiko has Takaya.

Also don't forget about how their personas also change color with them!, it shows ArcSys put care into this game, aside from the P Combo thing.

As well, Teddie, Mitsuru, and Akihiko all have special "glasses", while Aigis puts her visor down.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

LightningKimba posted:

And before I forget to link it, alt colors. Each character in the game apparently ha 8 colors...

Arcade mode has 4 stages in it, and Score Attack in this game has AI similar to BB's (From here).

Also this happened too:

Damnit, Atlus, apply some spice to that title; I mean would you be charged extra to call it "Ultimate Midnight Areana" or something?

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.

LightningKimba posted:

I don't have the pic anymore, BUT! there are more color references based on the Persona cast, like how one of Aigis' alts is based on Metis and Psyche.
Yosuke has Eikichi, Chie has Yukari (Which means Yukari might not be in the game at all for consoles? I have no clue), Yukiko has Chidori, Kanji has Baofu, Teddie gains the appearance of Jack Frost, Naoto has Yukino, Mitsuru has Maya, and Akihiko has Takaya.

Also don't forget about how their personas also change color with them!, it shows ArcSys put care into this game, aside from the P Combo thing.

Oh thank god those weren't the only alternative colors. I didn't like how pretty much everyone was just a Blazblue character

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUDDsUpI1Xk&hd=1

New Tutorial video.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Somehow I had missed that this game had short hops and rolls in it. There sure are a god drat lot of multi-button inputs in this.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
I don't want to get another stick just to play this game. So you think it's possible to play this with my Marvel Stick? Or is that just stupid?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Unless there's something specifically unique about your Marvel stick I don't see why not?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I think this is all of them ...

A+B = Focus Crush
2A+B = Sweep
6A+B = Guard Cancel

A+C = Roll
2A+C = Mini-jump
j.A+C = Air Turn

B+D = R Action

C+D = Throw
Command + C+D = Skill Boost

A+C+D = Burst
A+B+C = 1-More Cancel

A+B being sweep and an overhead combo starter is very GGX-like. With universal standing overheads, mini-jumps, big advantage persona attacks and rolling, this game is not looking like it will have any lack of ways to mix up people.

FINALmasa
Feb 12, 2006

Ask me about how feminists are feminists because they can't get laid.

Don't worry, I'm not some sexist ass, MRAs are MRAs because they can't get laid either. By the way, I am totally an MRA!
Has the movelist come out yet? I'm wondering if there's a Bearserker Bearrage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Commands

Seems strange they didn't add an E button to this honestly.

• Locked thread